Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tytydell
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot (671).png
Angus #6.png
Angus #5.png
Angus #3.png
Angus #4.png
Angus #2.png
Angus #1.png
Angus Palette.png
34.png
32.png
33.png
35.png
31.png
24.png
23.png
26.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#375 4 years ago

Hey Mike,

I haven't read the entire thread...do I need a PC to configure/install this? As you know, I'm a Mac guy.

Looks AWESOME! btw...whose playing guitar on the video you made?

snaroff

#385 4 years ago

I still don't "get" the free play legal restrictions. If the game is being operated within a "free play" arcade where folks pay hourly (like @ Modern Pinball in NY, Neon Retro in Pasadena, etc.), then it's still ok? If "free play" is suppose to mean "being played in a private residence", then it's not a great heuristic ...

1 week later
#469 4 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Hey MikeD -
I'm not meaning to put you on the spot, so feel free to pass on answering this question:
I'm intrigued by adding a colorized DMD to my AC/DC...and both your product and the product offered by ColorDMD look good.
I guess what I'm wondering is: What's the primary differences between your DMD product and the product being released by colorDMD?

Mike answered your question in this thread. Based on what I recall reading (this thread is long), PMD is offering a product that is more extensible (i.e. you can fiddle with the colors) and integrates with existing and forthcoming PMD products (LCD and SmartAudio).

#474 4 years ago
Quoted from mandelbloom:

I am looking forward to the Metallica release on both platforms. The one thing I am liking about yours is the color pallette option. Ex... my Sparky is green would be cool if he was green on the DMD as well Sounds like you are saying this wont take me long at all!?
At the end of the day if your colorization work is as good as CDMD then I being a techy kinda guy am liking the customization options. Would be really cool if someone could post some comparisons of similar frames.
By the way not trying to make this a competitive thing but fact is I will have 2 choices!

I'm in the same boat...love the customization features, but want the "out of the box" colorization to be awesome. Don't want to be forced to customize/finish frames that aren't polished...

#478 4 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

I'm sure there's no intention of putting things out unfinished. Hell, making the palette setup such that it's simple to change colors in specific sections of the game (if you choose to) is MORE work.

Making a product customizable and making a product beautiful are two different skills sets...it's not about MORE per se.

Didn't mean to imply Mike's intention is to release an unfinished product (just speaking from vast experience in the tech industry where I've seen companies tradeoff between configurability and beauty/ease-of-use).

fwiw, I'm a huge fan/supporter...own a PMD restoration and look forward to his mods. The AC/DC LCD is great. Even his installation manuals are well done! The SmartDMD Installation manual is an impressive 37 page document...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,599.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider snaroff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside