34.png
32.png
33.png
35.png
31.png
24.png
23.png
26.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#332 9 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Apart from the drawbacks already mentioned by others there's also the fact of the "missing pixels". I'm extremely picky and tend to be a perfectionist when it comes to technical products, maybe a very German "problem"...

Not considered to be a problem to me. Perfectionism is a good thing in engineering, as long as it doesn't mean procrastination.

Quoted from msj2222:

How do you conclude this is an inferior product when its not even finalized and released yet? Kind of a bias and uninformed blanket statement. I also believe there are plenty who haven't drank the cool aide and believe Samsung has the better product

Why is it that believing one company has the better product mean you drank the 'kool aid'? That is a rather simplistic and judgmental way of addressing opinion without regard to how one arrived at said opinion. Conversely, it would be just as easy to say that those that believe Samsung has the better product drank the 'kool aid.'

There is a difference between realistic, critical, and negative. The first one is a statement of fact, the second intended to help improve, and the third useless from the standpoint of being constructive. Unfortunately forums provide a relatively safe place for people to be derisive and judgmental without the stigma associated with such behavior when it takes place in person.

Quoted from jamieflowers:

I am working on the POTC colorization and there is a way around the missing 8 dots. Mike and OGA are working on an update that will address this via a software update to Pinball Browser. I would say everyone should reserve judgement until the product actually comes out.

As has already been pointed out, judgments about the product were being made based on the available information. If a producer doesn't want judgments made about their product before it is ready, they should not announce or provide information until they are ready for feedback, positive, neutral, or negative.

It doesn't behoove anyone to be mean-spirited in my experience.

1 month later
#424 9 years ago

That Concert LCD Mod looks great.

#427 9 years ago

Thanks. I love that game and with color it just looks fantastic. I'd actually kinda like the TSPP TV mod (not yours I know but similar in some ways). Such a great game but I still want a newer Stern. My friend has a CFTBL and if I ever get it your LCD mod is going in as it's got nothing there now, no hologram, nothing.

#443 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Maybe, I actually do this for more than just the money

Knowing how long it takes to colorize a game, it is definitely for more than just the money.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider shimoda.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon?tu=shimoda and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.