Topic Stats

• 499 posts
  • 136 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by tytydell
  • Topic is favorited by 76 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 111 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Screenshot (671).png
Angus #6.png
Angus #5.png
Angus #3.png
Angus #4.png
Angus #2.png
Angus #1.png
Angus Palette.png
34.png
32.png
33.png
35.png
31.png
24.png
23.png
26.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mandelbloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

We received numerous requests from existing SmartDMD users, asking for the opportunity to purchase our color files independently from our kits. These are the guys that built their own SmartDMD systems. They are the original beta testers that helped make Pinball Browser what it is today. It didn't seem right to make them buy hardware they already owned. This is the reason we decided to sell the color files independently.
Anyway, I now understand your question. Yes, if you buy an ACDC SmartDMD kit and move it to another game you can always move it back. I've always sold my pins with the MODs included, so that is a new concept for me.

The expand on Aurichs question , if I am not mistaken in the "other color display option" if you buy the DMD for admittedly more $$$ you can load any rom you want correct ? I can see the use case of selling a machine and wanting to keep this and put it in a different one. anyhow I get you have to do this since its based on a "open source" product and you have to put a lot of work into the color files but that's kinda a bumemer.

Also if I buy the one with the color file does it come pre-installed or do I have to load it? Easy enough but my personal machine is a Mac as well .

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

If you're on a Mac (I am) you just can't natively run the software to edit things. But you just have to load the rom on a USB stick like any normal update, so that part won't matter a bit in OS X.
You just lose out on any of the customization functionality. That's Windows only. So you'll need to have some kind of VM solution to use it.
As I understand it at least, since I haven't used it.

Ahh ok I was thinking you needed to load it via the computer , I have access to tons of devices just prefer the Mac at home and was curious

1 week later
#471 4 years ago

PB is the backbone for our upcoming LCD backglass kits as well.
/blockquote>

Elaborate

#473 4 years ago

I am looking forward to the Metallica release on both platforms. The one thing I am liking about yours is the color pallette option. Ex... my Sparky is green would be cool if he was green on the DMD as well Sounds like you are saying this wont take me long at all!?

At the end of the day if your colorization work is as good as CDMD then I being a techy kinda guy am liking the customization options. Would be really cool if someone could post some comparisons of similar frames.

By the way not trying to make this a competitive thing but fact is I will have 2 choices!

#475 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

I'm in the same boat...love the customization features, but want the "out of the box" colorization to be awesome. Don't want to be forced to customize/finish frames that aren't polished...

Guess we will have to be patient Steve

#479 4 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

(just speaking from vast experience in the tech industry where I've seen companies tradeoff between configurability and beauty/ease-of-use).

I am thinking iPhone vs Android here Steve haha

#481 4 years ago

Man I really like this feature !

Can you post a few HQ photos of some frames in ACDC? I think some of what's out there may not be doing your product justice.

#488 4 years ago

I love completion it just motivates me to make a better product.
Screenshot (671).png (Click image to enlarge)

I think you mean competition But I like completion as well, like game code

That looks much better !

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 9.95
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 25.50
6,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Galloway, OH

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider mandelbloom.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside