34.png
32.png
33.png
35.png
31.png
24.png
23.png
26.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from Dmod:

Mike, I'm not going to engage in a schoolyard fight with you on a pinball discussion forum. Your position is clear. We'll deal with it in an appropriate manner.
Post edited by Dmod: Removed message to customers.

Not just the original comment that was here, but other ones you have made in this thread made me reconsider my LOTR Color DMD purchase. I will buy a Smart DMD and colorize it myself before you see a dime from me. Keep talking, see what good it does you...

#326 9 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

No, it was a dodgy one. One that acknowledged the condition, but failed to justify it, elaborate on it, or appease the customer's concern about it. Note the 'reason' came from someone else explaining how the system works.. not Mike.
An honest, complete response would have been "Yes, those 8 pixels being empty are due to how pinball browser/SmartDMD handle the data. It is a known limitation and will be like that on all images/games at this time. We are aware of it, but have no pending plans to change it at this time. I will see if the developer has future plans to address it".
Add whatever sales pitch you want in there about how significant it is or not... but that's an example of acknowledging the topic/limitation... not just 'what you see is what you get'. That's an answer that doesn't want to face the limitation.

Can someone explain this issue? What it is? I looked through the thread, but couldn't find it.

#334 9 years ago
Quoted from EchoVictor:

Mike,
Smart DMD looks really cool! Excited by the idea of finally seeing my XMen in color!
One quick question though;
If the software or code needs 8 dots to be uncolored for registry or whatever, would it be possible to spread them around? What I was thinking was instead of having the full 8 pixel line, distribute them so that 2 were in each corner. It think it might make them much less noticeable....
Anyways, look forard to seeing more!
Thanks,
EV

I would put them along the ride side vertically and it'd be much less noticeable as it would just remove a vertical column instead of a horizontal one.

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I gave you a thumbs down. you're a programmer and should know better than to make a half-witted comment like this!

Hope that testing goes well without me.

3 weeks later
#380 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

The guitarist is Pierre Gerwig Langer.
All SmartDMDs are built on Pinball Browser. I believe you can run PB on a MAC using Parallels:
http://www.parallels.com/landingpage/pd/windows-on-mac/?utm_nooverride=1&src=b
However, this is really a question for Oga. Luckily I have 3 computers (soon it will be 4 once I pull the trigger on a Mac Pro), so I get the best of both worlds
In general, all PMD MODs (Creature, ACDC Concert MOD, SmartDMD, SmartAudio, etc.) utilize windows based software. PB is the backbone for our upcoming LCD backglass kits as well.
Also, it's worth noting that the ACDC SmartDMD will only work when the pinball machine is set to "Free Play" mode.

Curious as to why free play only?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider judremy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon?tu=judremy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.