(Topic ID: 155153)

PMD - Ultimate Workshop Adventure

By PinballMikeD

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1140 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1099 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1094 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1091 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1092 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1090 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1080 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0999 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1100 (resized).jpg
    IMG_1096 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0972 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0971 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0969 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0970 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0968 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0964 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 7 years ago

Good thread. I'm about to embark on the same adventure. Bought a 8-acre property last winter with a house plus three other buildings. I'm close to finished with the house remodel, then the garage work starts. Maybe I should make a thread!

2 months later
    #112 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Well, I purchased my first new workshop toy today

Once the table saw is delivered, I'll start working on an out-feed/assembly table as well as a routing work station. Space is a premium, so still working on conceptual layouts:

I'll post more pics the table saw is setup.

Nice! I'm planning on the same saw. Post pics when you build it out.

2 weeks later
    #116 7 years ago

Have you decided on your dust collector yet?

I have not. I bought a fixer-upper property with a separate garage that I'm going to renovate into a shop, but I haven't started renovating it yet. Waiting on the weather to cool down.

#123 7 years ago

Here's a look at the Dust Deputy installed on my Festool Cleantex:

Wow, nice. How do you keep the ladies away?

1 week later
    #130 7 years ago

I finally got my SawStop put together. Here are some pics for radium:

I strongly recommend purchasing the industrial saw's hydraulic mobile base. It can be purchased with an adapter kit for the professional version of the saw, just a much beefier base with 4 swivel caster instead of 2. The biesemeyer style fence is very nice and slides smoothly. Overall, the fit and finish is better than that of a comparable Powermatic saw. I still need to run power for the saw, so no feedback yet regarding how it operates. I'll post some more updates once I've had a chance to play with it more.
    This should help cabinet making more fun

Man that's hot.

I didn't know about the mobile base, that looks pretty serious. My buddy is still trying to sway me to a Powermatic but we'll see. Thanks for the info.

7 months later
    #151 6 years ago

That's great I love your labels.

This is my favorite thread. I'm currently planning my garage renovation as well. It's a separate 20x30' building, insulated but unfinished. I've got to upgrade electrical, scrape popcorn ceilings, hang drywall... but it'll be worth it.

I convinced my wife instead of spending $8k to renovate our kitchen, I can build the cabinets myself and get better quality. This gives me a nice big budget for tools.

Top of my list is a Domino joiner and a track saw!!! Been needing these for a while. I've got the same planar as you, and love my Hitachi miter saw even if it's not the coolest.

2 weeks later
    #161 6 years ago

Oh my god you cost me so much money. I haven't seen that Jessem guide yet, looks sweet.

I have the same set of Incra T's. Also just picked up a Miter 1000SE used for $80, love it so far.

Curious to see how you like the paulk bench. I'm building new kitchen cabinets this fall and may have to build one of those first.

#162 6 years ago

Oh yeah, are the MFT tables really worth the money? They look so shaky!

#164 6 years ago

If you build a Paulk table you won't need an MFT.

It's not so much the table I like as the fence and track setup, but I suppose that can be replicated.

I thought of making a paulk table but on a cabinet base on casters. Don't really need it to be portable. Not sure yet.

2 weeks later
    #170 6 years ago

Looks great. The roundovers on the holes are a really nice touch.

11 months later
    #191 5 years ago

Wow very nice. My buddy has the smaller model and loves it. That fence is a beast!

New toys are fun. I just bought the Festool TS55REQ track saw. Haven't tried it out yet but I'll be building new kitchen cabs soon with it.

#193 5 years ago

Great saw. I’d like to get the battery powered one. Best to just avoid Festool’s website, save more money that way.

No kidding. I first bought the domino joiner and a systainer of tenons, then I had to have the rotex... then I’ll stop, yeah. Well now I want every tool I buy to come in a systainer!

4 months later
    #208 5 years ago

Finally picked up a Domino, it's worth every penny.
    [quoted image]
    Cuts a perfect mortis every time
    [quoted image]

Nice! I’ve got the same kits. Definitely checkout the domiplate...

https://www.senecawoodworking.com/products/domiplate-for-1-2-and-3-4-ply

I also just bought the Seneca parallel guides and really like them.

#210 5 years ago

Been looking at those Incra parallel guides for awhile as well. They do look nice.
    Do the Seneca guides come with the Incra track or do you have to purchase them separately?

They sell them with or without the tracks. I bought them separately because I had a coupon or something. I got sets of 24" and 36" so I can swap around.

#213 5 years ago

Ha, we both know Festool stuff never goes on sale

I got a $100 gift card with my OF1400 last month from toolnut.com!

But what I’ve mostly been doing is waiting for those 20% eBay coupons. They occasionally have no restrictions, so I use them to buy Festool from a reputable seller (I like hartvillehardware). It adds up to serious discounts.

#215 5 years ago
    Quoted from j_m_:

you need to post when those 20% coupons become available. I've been eyeing a few more festool items

Check out this thread: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ebay-20-discount-today-only

The codes are being posted there. I check pinside a couple times a day so when the thread pops to the top of my favorites I usually see it in time to use a code. I've saved over $500 so far on various stuff.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider radium.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-garage-renovation-2?tu=radium and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.