creature_001b.jpg
digging (resized).JPG
digging #1 (resized).JPG
digging #2 (resized).JPG
digging #3 (resized).JPG
digging #4 (resized).JPG
Wall Rot2 (resized).jpg
Wall Rot1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#62 10 years ago

I spent most all afternoon installing this--took my time, watched the videos several times, read & re-read the new instruction material, etc. But, the upside was everything worked when I was finished. Nice job on the instructions, Mike. Such a cool mod!

Has anyone experimented with the settings on the monitor to get the best picture quality? If so, what settings seem to work the best?

#66 10 years ago

I'd budget more than 1-2 hours, it took me almost 4 hours--although I was taking my time, kept everything super clean (anytime you touch something on the game you get black on your hands) and was being very sure I did everything right. I had to remove and re-adjust the TV mount because the TV was not square to the cabinet--something was a little off or my cabinet was not square. There was enough wiggle room that I was able to get the extra 1/4 inch I needed by cocking the TV mount slightly out of square to the TV. There also was not any fore and aft adjustment available--even with the slot cut into the mounting plate that is supposed to allow this. Maybe my T-nuts were placed a little farther apart than normal--don't know. At any rate, it all lined up well enough (if not almost perfectly), so no worries--but check and re-check everything as you go along.

#73 10 years ago

My multiball video is not starting at all, it never moves off the screen saver. I sent you an email of the checks I made and how led's 3 and 4 responded.

2 weeks later
#104 10 years ago

Yes, it most certainly is. Stack that on top of Jeff's speaker panel light mod--the result is most spectacular!

7 months later
#180 9 years ago

Well MikeD--we'll see! You came up with a solution to something for which there was no good solution--a decaying hologram. The discolored Creature really took a lot of the excitement out of the game. Your video mod not only replaced the hologram with updated technology, it really enhanced the game and made it much more enjoyable. The lagoon window is now a much greater part of the game than it was with the original hologram--it isn't dark 90% of the time. A reached objective or mode start sets of a cool video rather than a quick flash of the Creature--much improved, IMO. Well done--and if you can top this level of game improvement I may have to buy it just to install the mod...

2 weeks later
#199 9 years ago

Call MikeD, he really helped me with any questions I had--he is a super nice guy.

3 months later
#249 9 years ago

Mike, having a little trouble with my mod, sent you a PM.

1 month later
#266 9 years ago

MikeD, If you have to use the power adaptor for the TV, how does that hook in?

3 weeks later
#273 9 years ago

If anyone is sitting on the fence about this mod, my recommendation is to buy it now. I believe it adds so much to the game as compared to the Creature hologram. If CFTBL were designed and built today, it would have this type of display under the window.

6 months later
#301 8 years ago

Spiffy that the two coolest, best integrated and most thoughtful mods (IMO) are both made for CFTBL--MikeD's video mod and Jeff's speaker panel light mod...

1 month later
#335 8 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I bought one of the last available mods and am just getting around to installing it. The original TV recommended is sold out, do you think this alternative would work? It's very close to the original's model number:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-1-2-diag--led-720p-hdtv-black/2799043.p?id=1219077483779&skuId=2799043

I bought a back up TV on eBay--you can always check there.

2 months later
#356 8 years ago

Really sorry to hear this, MikeD. I think your video mod is the most clever mod ever made for a pinball machine. Rock on, Bro!

#365 8 years ago

Vids disappearing is not good, those need to be posted somewhere so we can access them in the future.

3 months later
#382 7 years ago

I'm gonna have MikeD re-re-program my SD card so I can have a big game like that!

3 months later
#403 7 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

It would be awesome if you included an upgrade kit/info for those of us that have earlier versions!

Absolutely--throw us plank holders a bone MikeD!

1 month later
#435 7 years ago

That is a real drag, dude. Hope the water damage repairing works out as well as can be expected!

2 months later
#455 7 years ago

Thanks for the continued support, MikeD.

#459 7 years ago

There was someone in Germany (I believe) a while back who was promising a new video mod and even collected pre-order (won't we ever learn) money for it. He and the mod evaporated...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

$ 45.95
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

€ 24.00
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
$ 27.95
€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider billy16.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-cftbl-lcd-hologram-mod-version-20?tu=billy16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.