Topic Stats

• 495 posts
  • 164 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 98 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 103 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

creature_008.jpg
creature_011.jpg
creature_007.jpg
creature_009.jpg
creature_006.jpg
creature_002.jpg
creature_005.jpg
creature_004.jpg
creature_001b.jpg
digging (resized).JPG
digging #1 (resized).JPG
digging #2 (resized).JPG
digging #3 (resized).JPG
digging #4 (resized).JPG
Wall Rot2 (resized).jpg
Wall Rot1 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.
#151 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Quick Update:
(1) Yes, we will be doing another production run later this year. If you’d like to be added to the customer wait list please email me directly at mike@pinballmiked.com.
(2) The original Insigina TV used for our MOD has been discontinued. What does this mean? It means that moving forward we’ll have to modify some of the programing on the RPi in order to accommodate the new TV screen. What if I already bought the old TV? No worries, you’ll just have to let me know which TV you bought (the original or the new model), so we can load the correct programming on your specific MOD.
(3) I have promised by my PCB vendor that more boards will be ready very soon, so it shouldn’t be too much longer. Sorry for the wait.

So is the tv taxman posted in the above link the tv we will need for the mod if we are on the waitlist?

#152 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

So is the tv taxman posted in the above link the tv we will need for the mod if we are on the waitlist?

Yes, that is the correct TV. Here's the link:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/insignia-19-class-18-1-2-diag--led-720p-60hz-hdtv/2799043.p?id=1219077483779&skuId=2799043&st=categoryid$abcat0101001&cp=1&lp=2

#154 5 years ago

Got one while they are on sale. Now I have to wait patiently for the later this year part.

image-801.jpg

#155 5 years ago

Email sent to be added to the list....

#156 5 years ago

I just installed the mod that had been sitting in a box for months (long story.) I have to say every part is TOP NOTCH! This is a very well made and designed mod. The tv bracket alone is a work of art. Absolutely no problems with the install but note, it takes ours a little over a minute to boot up so don't be scared if you don't see it come up right away.

This definitely wakes up the game, particularly for non pinball players that likely never had a chance to see the Creature during their game.

Great job, Mike!

#157 5 years ago

Email sent to be added to the list..

#158 5 years ago
Quoted from MrArt2u:

I just installed the mod that had been sitting in a box for months (long story.) I have to say every part is TOP NOTCH! This is a very well made and designed mod. The tv bracket alone is a work of art. . .

That is so funny. While watching the installation videos on YouTube I made a mental note of how impressive looking the TV mounting bracket was. Such a small thing that you will never see but done right it makes a difference mental and functional.

1 week later
#159 5 years ago

Good news for you creature fans, we've started production again

RPi.png
#160 5 years ago

Hi Mike, I emailed you quite a while ago.Just wanted to make sure I am on the waiting list.Thanks,Rod.

#161 5 years ago

Hi Mike,

please ad me to your waiting list for your awesome LCD mod.

Thanks
Thomas

#162 5 years ago

Good news for you creature fans, we've started production again

RPi.png 1.7 MB

Can't wait.

#163 5 years ago

Great news..

#164 5 years ago

I am interested in one. Please add me to the list.

1 week later
#165 5 years ago

I have been in the hobby for many years. Every once and a while you take a break from everything from playing to repairs. I have been on a bit of a hiatus for the last few months and I have a feeling installing one of these is going to get me invigorated again.

#166 5 years ago

All of the MODs in the upcoming production run have been spoken for. We'll begin contacting folks on the waiting list next week. Here we go.........

#167 5 years ago

All of the MODs in the upcoming production run have been spoken for. We'll begin contacting folks on the waiting list next week. Here we go.........

YES!!!!!!!

#168 5 years ago

The new MODs will now be shipped with RPi B+ boards.

1.png
2.png

Ok, back to work

#169 5 years ago

Outstanding, Can't wait to get this thing installed. What an awesome and much needed mod.

#170 5 years ago

Great! I got an email back in March I was on the list....

#171 5 years ago

Looking forward to it!

1 week later
#172 5 years ago

If you are interested in purchasing this MOD please email me directly at mike@pinballmiked.com

Yes, we are back in production

#173 5 years ago

I received mine last week and wow! Very nicely packaged and high quality. I just need to find the right tv to buy this weekend so I can get this thing installed. Thanks again Mike!

1 week later
#174 5 years ago

I watched the videos and took notes. When I got mine and the install took about 1/2 hour. Very well made. Hardest part was getting a 1/4" nut driver long enough to reach the screw in the left leg of the hologram mount to remove under the playfield. But the MOD worked first time i turned it on.

"Don't panic", it is a small computer that takes a minute to boot up. I have this and the ColorDMD making one sweet Creech.

Now to the editing. I do need to replace the F-I-L-M graphics. The first time my friends come over to check out the MOD I think they should see their faces pop up.

I have not removed the USB drive from the MOD yet to see the extras. My next thought is to have a different USB drive setup for different purposes. Normal, Friend's, Adult, Funny . . .

Thanks again.

#175 5 years ago

can you drop in animations in for the FILM graphics? Would be cool to have something subtle going on instead of the pop up.

-c

#176 5 years ago

According to the instructions yes. Each letter of F-I-L-M displays a still picture. The modes display animations.

There should be a FILM sub directory on the USB drive. You put the pictures you want in the folder. It will display them as a picture each time you light a letter. It will increment through the list alphabetically and go back to the beginning after the last one. Very cool.

So it is not one picture assigned to one letter but a pool of pictures (or just one) for letter lighting.

Oh, and he supplies the software on the USB drive for formatting and masking the picture to fit the lagoon.

#177 5 years ago

This is one of the best mods out there.

#178 5 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

can you drop in animations in for the FILM graphics? Would be cool to have something subtle going on instead of the pop up.
-c

When revamping the MOD for V2.0 we tried converting the FILM images to videos. Ultimately, This just didn’t look as good as the images. Remember, every time you start and stop a video you’ll have some delay (thus a black screen). The hologram lamp trigger is only on for roughly 1 second, so it didn’t make sense to have a one second video –just ended up looking choppy on the LCD. We actually programmed the trigger input to latch in until the FILM image is displayed for 1 second to make the FILM images more substantial. We spent hours toying around with different stuff; we went with what we collectively though looked the best.

Quoted from Taxman:

According to the instructions yes. Each letter of F-I-L-M displays a still picture. The modes display animations.
There should be a FILM sub directory on the USB drive. You put the pictures you want in the folder. It will display them as a picture each time you light a letter. It will increment through the list alphabetticaly and go back to the begining after the last one. Very cool.
So it is not one picture assigned to one letter but a pool of pictures (or just one) for letter lighting.

Yes, you can display as many different images as you want. The only limiting factor is the size of the USB. I have about 40 different ones on my buddy’s machine.

#179 5 years ago
Quoted from Twilliams:

This is one of the best mods out there.

For now

#180 5 years ago

Well MikeD--we'll see! You came up with a solution to something for which there was no good solution--a decaying hologram. The discolored Creature really took a lot of the excitement out of the game. Your video mod not only replaced the hologram with updated technology, it really enhanced the game and made it much more enjoyable. The lagoon window is now a much greater part of the game than it was with the original hologram--it isn't dark 90% of the time. A reached objective or mode start sets of a cool video rather than a quick flash of the Creature--much improved, IMO. Well done--and if you can top this level of game improvement I may have to buy it just to install the mod...

#181 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

There should be a FILM sub directory on the USB drive. You put the pictures you want in the folder. It will display them as a picture each time you light a letter. It will increment through the list alphabetically and go back to the beginning after the last one. Very cool.
Oh, and he supplies the software on the USB drive for formatting and masking the picture to fit the lagoon.

Busted. You're not going to surprise me now with my face on it. I will be over later tonight

#182 5 years ago

When revamping the MOD for V2.0 we tried converting the FILM images to videos. Ultimately, This just didn’t look as good as the images. Remember, every time you start and stop a video you’ll have some delay (thus a black screen). The hologram lamp trigger is only on for roughly 1 second, so it didn’t make sense to have a one second video –just ended up looking choppy on the LCD. We actually programmed the trigger input to latch in until the FILM image is displayed for 1 second to make the FILM images more substantial. We spent hours toying around with different stuff; we went with what we collectively though looked the best.

I had though about why you did the picture versus the animation like that and thought it must be the quick trigger.

#183 5 years ago
Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Busted. You're not going to surprise me now with my face on it. I will be over later tonight

But you would be surprised at a picture of Larry. Scare the bejeezus out of you

#184 5 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Well MikeD--we'll see! You came up with a solution to something for which there was no good solution--a decaying hologram. The discolored Creature really took a lot of the excitement out of the game. Your video mod not only replaced the hologram with updated technology, it really enhanced the game and made it much more enjoyable. The lagoon window is now a much greater part of the game than it was with the original hologram--it isn't dark 90% of the time. A reached objective or mode start sets of a cool video rather than a quick flash of the Creature--much improved, IMO. Well done--and if you can top this level of game improvement I may have to buy it just to install the mod...

We're working on several really cool WPC MODs, but those would be topics for another thread.

#185 5 years ago

I'm on the list, went to the local best buy today and they had a big stack of the LED tvs in stock, $99

#186 5 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

When I got mine and the install took about 1/2 hour.

Great to hear this mine shipped today

#187 5 years ago

For folks on the waiting list, please be advised that we are taking a few weeks off to finish up some other projects. If you've already received an invoice then you're set; I have your MOD ready to go once payment is received.

We should be back in production by the end of October.

Mike

#188 5 years ago

Great Mod. Worth the wait!

#189 5 years ago

I got one earlier this year and it's most definitely worth the wait. It brings a great new element to the game.

#190 5 years ago

I have to agree that this is a fantastic mod. I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with!
Jaz

#191 5 years ago

I am still waiting for my invoice. I hope it comes before the holidays that way I can say it is my christmas gift.

#192 5 years ago

Got mine installed over the weekend and I have to say it is great. Easy to install, well built and already has made the game so much more enjoyable for me. Thanks Mike well done

1 week later
#193 5 years ago

I'm in, my creature pin showed up today and my mod got shipped today. Grabbed the LED tv from best buy last week. Get this baby dialed in this weekend.

#194 5 years ago

I did get conformation yesterday that GLM will be shipping a small batch of boards later this week. So, we should have a handful of additional units ready for the holiday season. If you’re not on our customer waiting list and you’re interested in one of our CFTBL MODs, please email me at Mike@PinballMikeD.com.

Also, we should have our new Universal WPC Power Supply MOD ready in the next few weeks. This will allow customers to power our LCD MOD (as well as other vendor’s MODs) directly from the service receptacle, bypassing the game’s power driver board. We know CFTBL is a heavily modded game (speaker panel, ColorDMD, speaker kits, etc.), so this will free up your 12v circuit and provide up to 10amps of modding power

#195 5 years ago

Hey Mike, how much will those go for?

#196 5 years ago
Quoted from FishPharm:

Hey Mike, how much will those go for?

I haven't worked up an actual cost yet. I'll post here when they are ready along with all the details/specs.

#197 5 years ago

excellent work Mike, look forward to reading more about the universal power supply

#198 5 years ago

Got my mod today, easy to install. I can't get it to work. Everything is hooked up right.
No signal seems to be getting to the tv? I have no clue, followed instructions exactly. Not much that you can get wrong. The newer model tv is slightly different than the video, all hooks up and fits the same it seems.
Stumped

#199 5 years ago

Call MikeD, he really helped me with any questions I had--he is a super nice guy.

#200 5 years ago

My fail, micro card wasn't seated all the way. Working now

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 49.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside