digging (resized).JPG
digging #1 (resized).JPG
digging #2 (resized).JPG
digging #3 (resized).JPG
digging #4 (resized).JPG
Wall Rot2 (resized).jpg
Wall Rot1 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.
#51 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Even if the code doesn't have the ability to do this (I haven't checked) you could put 9 copies of the same video in the folder (named differently) and your special one. That would effectively give you the same result.

Thats what I was looking for....thanks epthegeek

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Even if the code doesn't have the ability to do this (I haven't checked) you could put 9 copies of the same video in the folder (named differently) and your special one. That would effectively give you the same result.

Beat me to it

#53 10 years ago

FYI - If you guys copy the "Extras" and "User Manuals" folders to your PC you can delete them off of the USB. This would give an additional 4GBs of storage capacity for extra videos. Food for thought.

Screen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.05.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-28 at 8.05.29 PM.png
#54 10 years ago

To clarify, make sure you don't delete the following folders off of the USB drive: "Bck", "Debug", "Hologram", and "Standard." These are all used and directly referenced in the code on the SD card.

Now let’s see some custom FILM images and video screen shots

#55 10 years ago

I will take some pics later...I have movie clips of my kids pointing up at the ramps for "shoot the left / right ramp" and my daughter impersonating creech as a movie clip during multiball. I love it, but I blow the shot now because I am laughing at her movie

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I will take some pics later...I have movie clips of my kids pointing up at the ramps for "shoot the left / right ramp" and my daughter impersonating creech as a movie clip during multiball. I love it, but I blow the shot now because I am laughing at her movie

Cool. Looking forward to it.

#57 10 years ago

FYI – I have a few more spots that have opened up in this run (was able to get some extra boards). Email at [email protected] if you’re interested. Thanks.

#58 10 years ago

hard to photo, but here is a kid grabbing at the player like the hologram...IMG_20140129_185304_690.jpgIMG_20140129_185304_690.jpg

#59 10 years ago

Is there a PDF of the manual I can download.

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

hard to photo, but here is a kid grabbing at the player like the hologram...

IMG_20140129_185304_690.jpg 202 KB

Cool. I'm sure they love it when you find the creature now

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Is there a PDF of the manual I can download.

Both manuals are on the USB.

#62 10 years ago

I spent most all afternoon installing this--took my time, watched the videos several times, read & re-read the new instruction material, etc. But, the upside was everything worked when I was finished. Nice job on the instructions, Mike. Such a cool mod!

Has anyone experimented with the settings on the monitor to get the best picture quality? If so, what settings seem to work the best?

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

I spent most all afternoon installing this

This leads to a great question. What's the average person taking for time to install this great mod? Trying to figure out how much time to budget for the job. I'm trying to watch the vids several times, and read the manual thoroughly, before hand, so I'll be familiar with all details.

#64 10 years ago

I think it took me about two hours because I triple checked everything.

#65 10 years ago
Quoted from MotoChi:

This leads to a great question. What's the average person taking for time to install this great mod? Trying to figure out how much time to budget for the job. I'm trying to watch the vids several times, and read the manual thoroughly, before hand, so I'll be familiar with all details.

I did the same, study beforehand. Took me under an hour going slow and being careful after that. Directions & videos from mike are so detailed, thorough and fantastic.

#66 10 years ago

I'd budget more than 1-2 hours, it took me almost 4 hours--although I was taking my time, kept everything super clean (anytime you touch something on the game you get black on your hands) and was being very sure I did everything right. I had to remove and re-adjust the TV mount because the TV was not square to the cabinet--something was a little off or my cabinet was not square. There was enough wiggle room that I was able to get the extra 1/4 inch I needed by cocking the TV mount slightly out of square to the TV. There also was not any fore and aft adjustment available--even with the slot cut into the mounting plate that is supposed to allow this. Maybe my T-nuts were placed a little farther apart than normal--don't know. At any rate, it all lined up well enough (if not almost perfectly), so no worries--but check and re-check everything as you go along.

#67 10 years ago

Money sent for the upgrade, can't wait!

But, while I do, I have one question...

With the original holo, when you would drain a ball and then shoot restart multiball, the holo would light back up. So basically, you could look at the Creature swiping at you while your new ball was sitting in the shooter lane. I've noticed that this doesn't happen with the video. Is there any way to make it act exactly the same?

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Money sent for the upgrade, can't wait!
But, while I do, I have one question...
With the original holo, when you would drain a ball and then shoot restart multiball, the holo would light back up. So basically, you could look at the Creature swiping at you while your new ball was sitting in the shooter lane. I've noticed that this doesn't happen with the video. Is there any way to make it act exactly the same?

The MB video is triggered by the mirror motor, so the MOD should function the same way the original hologram did? When we see the game energize the mirror motor on, our program stops any active video and starts the MB one.

#69 10 years ago

Installed my CFTBL mod yesterday and i must say it's AWESOME.
Great instructions and everything works pretty well.
Today i've changed some pictures and everything is so easy with the included software.

Thankx again Mike for your hard work.

Cheer's,
Ben

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

The MB video is triggered by the mirror motor, so the MOD should function the same way the original hologram did? When we see the game energize the mirror motor on, our program stops any active video and starts the MB one.

Hmmm, I will try to get a video of the way mine is doing it. IIRC, mine is showing the "Creature" attract scene or screensaver (not sure what you call it) while the ball is sitting in the shooter lane at multiball restart. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?

#71 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Hmmm, I will try to get a video of the way mine is doing it. IIRC, mine is showing the "Creature" attract scene or screensaver (not sure what you call it) while the ball is sitting in the shooter lane at multiball restart. I wonder if anyone else is having this issue?

Check and see if the 3rd LED (the thrid one from the top on the 10 LED block) on the interface board is illuminated. That LED should light up when the game commands the mirror motor to run. FYI - the 4th LED will light up when the hologram lamp is commanded on. We only use the lamp to trigger FILM images, so if the lamp 4th LED is on and the 3rd LED is not then you wouldn't see the MB video.

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from MotoChi:

It took me 45 mins to an hour. Am I average? I have no freaking idea...

Jaz

#73 10 years ago

My multiball video is not starting at all, it never moves off the screen saver. I sent you an email of the checks I made and how led's 3 and 4 responded.

#74 10 years ago

Mike Very nice mod. If I had a CFTBL I would be getting this.

Nicely done!

#75 10 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

My multiball video is not starting at all, it never moves off the screen saver. I sent you an email of the checks I made and how led's 3 and 4 responded.

PM me your number and I'll call you, probably easier to trouble shoot it over the phone than via email.

#76 10 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Mine also does this. Let me know if you figure it out.

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

Mine also does this. Let me know if you figure it out.

What is the status of LEDs 3 and 4 when the ball is in the shooter lane?

#78 10 years ago

What is the status of LEDs 3 and 4 when the ball is in the shooter lane?

After doing some investigation, what I found is that if you drain before you rescue the girl and restart the multi-ball with the snack bar shot, the MB video restarts. If you drain after you rescue the girl (while you are shooting for the super jackpot) and restart the multi-ball the MB video does not restart. On my game, the top two lights and the bottom light on the led block are lit. If you don't drain while you are shooting for super jackpot, the video keeps playing. Might just be how the game works.

#79 10 years ago

Got the mod Mike! Can't wait to install it.

My daughter is saying I need to wait til my holo turns blue (it's still green) but I'm trying to convince her otherwise

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Tortelvis:

After doing some investigation, what I found is that if you drain before you rescue the girl and restart the multi-ball with the snack bar shot, the MB video restarts. If you drain after you rescue the girl (while you are shooting for the super jackpot) and restart the multi-ball the MB video does not restart. On my game, the top two lights and the bottom light on the led block are lit. If you don't drain while you are shooting for super jackpot, the video keeps playing. Might just be how the game works.

Interesting. If LEDs 3 and 4 aren't on, then the machine isn't actually commanding the mirror motor or hologram lamp to run. Sounds like you guys found a software bug in the games ROM.

Maybe Stern machines aren't that bad after all

#81 10 years ago
Quoted from Acampero:

Got the mod Mike! Can't wait to install it.
My daughter is saying I need to wait til my holo turns blue (it's still green) but I'm trying to convince her otherwise

Too funny. Good luck, kids are tough

#82 10 years ago

By far the best pin mod of all time.

I've followed this mod from the beginning. Thank you Mike D for putting this together. Really looking forward to showing off my CFTBL at the Louisville Arcade Expo in March.

I'd still like to see the band members on the upper right side of AC/DC replaced with a small monitor framed with a stage like mounting. Various concert footage and music videos could be triggered with in game action. If there's anything I can do to make this a reality, just let me know.

#83 10 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

By far the best pin mod of all time.
I've followed this mod from the beginning. Thank you Mike D for putting this together. Really looking forward to showing off my CFTBL at the Louisville Arcade Expo in March.
I'd still like to see the band members on the upper right side of AC/DC replaced with a small monitor framed with a stage like mounting. Various concert footage and music videos could be triggered with in game action. If there's anything I can do to make this a reality, just let me know.

My Luci is on order

#84 10 years ago

Just installed my Holo mod and so far so good. Wiggy here on the board is helping me with a few things, but I had a question for anyone that is doing their own videos.

I had considered using another CFTBL video I had seen on youtube. Was going to chop it down some but this was my thought. Since the Creature is not showing up until I find the girl, I wanted to use this video (or a portion of it) showing them finding and rescuing the the girl.

Is there a way to download the video from youtube and then chop it?

Here's the video....and thanks in advance for any suggestions...

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Just installed my Holo mod and so far so good. Wiggy here on the board is helping me with a few things, but I had a question for anyone that is doing their own videos.
I had considered using another CFTBL video I had seen on youtube. Was going to chop it down some but this was my thought. Since the Creature is not showing up until I find the girl, I wanted to use this video (or a portion of it) showing them finding and rescuing the the girl.
» YouTube video

Might be able to revamp the software to enable YouTube downloads. We'll look into it.

#86 10 years ago

Like to say that though some might find this to be a lot of $ when done, its cheaper than a NOS hologram and way more customisable, also had some questions about mine after install, and Mike was more than happy to call and walk me though the system....after sales service is priceless and often just not there. Nice job on this Mike and crew.

#87 10 years ago

Mike speaks Canadian?! who knew

#88 10 years ago

Anything is possible with "Mike and crew". Looking forward to other great stuff coming for other pins. I don't have a Creature but wow, what's not to like.

#89 10 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mike speaks Canadian?! who knew

Ya, you betcha....

#90 10 years ago

In order to better focus our efforts on new product development we are discontinuing production of the CFTBL MOD for the remainder of 2014. If you have been waiting for a unit and haven’t received an email from me regarding payment, please email me directly at [email protected]. I do have several units left, but they will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

#91 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

» YouTube video

burningman:
you can try and grab a program called "tubetilla" to download youtube videos, but I've had hit and miss luck with it. if you use firefox, there's an add-on that you can grab to add a "download" button to youtube and grab videos that way too.

http://www.tubetilla.com/

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1-click-youtube-video-download/

#92 10 years ago

In order to better focus our efforts on new product development we are discontinuing production of the CFTBL MOD for the remainder of 2014. If you have been waiting for a unit and haven’t received an email from me regarding payment, please email me directly at [email protected]. I do have several units left, but they will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

Thank the gods that I got in on this!

#93 10 years ago

To be clear, we will continue to support the MOD and we do have plans for a free update, making the video editing software more versatile and user friendly. I like the idea of adding the capability to download YouTube videos via the software, so we will definitely add this feature to the video utility. I’m sure we will do another run next year, but we are excited to move forward with some other projects. Trust me, the next MOD will be even better.

#94 10 years ago

I am gonna be broke soon......

#95 10 years ago

Hot tip I got yesterday for downloading youtube vids (and lots of other useful whatsits) - replace the http://www.youtube.com on a URL with http://deturl.com/ and presto.

Like this: http://deturl.com/watch?v=oevgCBaKOio

#96 10 years ago

Only 5 More units left.

#97 10 years ago

Only 5 More units left.

How much does the kit run?

#98 10 years ago
Quoted from JeffF:

How much does the kit run?

The MOD is $369.99 plus shipping (TV not included). You can purchase the TV directly from BestBuy, usually priced around $120.

#99 10 years ago

The tv is on sale right now at BestBuy for $89.99, went on sale Sat 2/15, but doesn't say how long the sale will last.

#100 10 years ago
Quoted from MotoChi:

The tv is on sale right now at BestBuy for $89.99

Yep checked it out. Insignia 18.5" (19 inch class) 720P HD LED TV. This link is on page 1 of this thread but here you go: http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-19E310A13.html

Looks like free shipping on orders over $25 and clicking on buy now/Best buy will take you to Best Buy to finish order.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.95
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

€ 24.50
Playfield - Decals
Pin-Decals

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
East Rutherford, NJ
$ 27.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 5.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

€ 24.00
$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-cftbl-lcd-hologram-mod-version-20/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.