digging (resized).JPG
digging #1 (resized).JPG
digging #2 (resized).JPG
digging #3 (resized).JPG
digging #4 (resized).JPG
Wall Rot2 (resized).jpg
Wall Rot1 (resized).jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.
#1 10 years ago

This MOD is no longer being manufactured. However, I will continue to support any/all existing customers to the best of my ability. Best wishes.

Mike

---------

Here is a sample video for our new and improved Creature Hologram MOD

These are available for sale at our website here:

http://pinballmiked.com/?product=cftbl-hologram-mod

#3 10 years ago

This is incredible! Nicely done.

#4 10 years ago

Looks fantastic! looking forward to the 2.0 upgrade

Nice work!

#5 10 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Though I must admit I don't quite understand why the boxing clip (unless it's just to show a sample of what's possible).

#6 10 years ago

Wow!
I want one of these!
How do I order?

#7 10 years ago

Looks great ! Will really make CFTBL come alive.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! Though I must admit I don't quite understand why the boxing clip (unless it's just to show a sample of what's possible).

in video mode, you are punching the peeping tom by hitting the flipper buttons

#9 10 years ago

Looked on your website and didn't see a price for this mod - how much will you be asking?

#10 10 years ago

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

#11 10 years ago

I love this. The movie scene with Homer eating the hot dog will definitely be playing in my CFTBL.

#12 10 years ago

Looks spectacular Mike! Now I have to find a video of Scrooge McDuck swimming in his money vault for the unlimited millions.

Curious, can the system that shows images handle animated Gifs? For like a few frame thing like a flicker effect? I know they're not on screen long.

#13 10 years ago

Here are the Installation Videos (3 part video - note these are for V1.0):

#14 10 years ago

Answers to Questions Posted Here:

(1) Question: What does the MOD cost?
Answer: The V2.0 MOD is $369.99 (TV not included)

(2) Question: Will glifs work for "FILM" letter images?
Answer: Not at this time, possibly with a future software update.

(3) Question: How do I get on the waiting list?
Answer: Please email me directly at [email protected] to get on the waiting list.

(4) Question: Are you using X for the Raspberry Pi?
Answer: V2.0 was a complete rewrite, but ultimately we found X to be the best solution for our application.

(5) Question: Will a Flipper Fidelity speaker upgrade fit with the MOD installed?
Answer: If the highest part of the speaker is only 4.5" from the MDF floor panel you should be fine. The TV stand is pitched, so that the rear of the stand is 7" off the cabinet floor.

I will continue to post Q/As here as the thread grows. This way all questions and answers will be in one convenient spot.

#15 10 years ago

Software Manual (starts here):

1.png1.png
2.png2.png
3.png3.png
4.png4.png
5.png5.png
6.png6.png
7.png7.png
8.png8.png
9.png9.png
10.png10.png
11.png11.png
12.png12.png
13.png13.png
14.png14.png
15.png15.png

#16 10 years ago

Software Manual (continued):

16.png16.png 17.png17.png 18.png18.png 19.png19.png 20.png20.png 21.png21.png 22.png22.png 23.png23.png 24.png24.png
#17 10 years ago

Installation Manual (for Version 2.0):

1.png1.png 2.png2.png 3.png3.png 4.png4.png 5.png5.png 6.png6.png 7.png7.png 8.png8.png 9.png9.png 10.png10.png 11.png11.png 12.png12.png 13.png13.png 14.png14.png 15.png15.png 16.png16.png 17.png17.png 18.png18.png 19.png19.png 20.png20.png
#20 10 years ago

Truely amazing work. Love, love, love this!

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from boostedskex:

I love this. The movie scene with Homer eating the hot dog will definitely be playing in my CFTBL.

I think this should just be a standard feature!

Quoted from yzfguy:

in video mode, you are punching the peeping tom by hitting the flipper buttons

Ah! Now I get it. Thanks.

#22 10 years ago

How Much???? This is great!

#23 10 years ago

Hey Mike, is your Creetch going to be at the Jax Arcade Expo later this month?

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

Hey Mike, is your Creetch going to be at the Jax Arcade Expo later this month?

Yes sir.

#25 10 years ago

pm just sent to be added to the list...very nice Mike.

Now I need to load it up with naked women and the Creature, you know, to match the naked Translite.

#27 10 years ago

seems like the link is dead...I am assuming that we need a insignia ns-19e310a13 and that should do it?

#28 10 years ago

Here is the link to the TV:

http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-19E310A13.html

It is an Insignia 18.5" (19 inch class) 720P HD LED TV. These are sold at BestBuy.

#29 10 years ago

The installation video (part 1) implies that the TV is included in the mod package. Is that so? Or do we need to get it separately on our own? Thanks!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Sea-Monkey:

The installation video (part 1) implies that the TV is included in the mod package. Is that so? Or do we need to get it separately on our own? Thanks!

Mike can provide the tv, but its cheaper buying it directly from Best Buy

#31 10 years ago

I have updated the thread with info for:

(1) Question/Answer Section
(2) Video Editing Software Manual (PDF included with MOD on USB drive)
(3) Instillation Manual (PDF included with MOD on USB drive)

This info is towards the top of the thread.

#32 10 years ago

checking my email for my update info..........

#33 10 years ago

Looks awesome.

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Here is the link to the TV:
http://www.insigniaproducts.com/products/televisions/NS-19E310A13.html
It is an Insignia 18.5" (19 inch class) 720P HD LED TV. These are sold at BestBuy.

Don't forget to check the open box area at best buy if you are looking for one of these. My Best buy had a few of them as discounted open box units after xmas. One of them had a dead pixel in the corner of the screen that isn't used by the mod. They sold it to me for $40 as is.

#35 10 years ago

Question:-

1. What's the expected date of release?
2. Is it best to email or PM or post - to be put on a waiting list?

Thanks mate. Baulked at version 1 - will jumping on version 2.

#36 10 years ago

Mike,

Did you guys switch to the FBV vs X?

1 week later
#37 10 years ago

Woo. Mine arrived this morning. Installed in very little time and is really fantastic. A really we'll put together package.

E

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

Woo. Mine arrived this morning. Installed in very little time and is really fantastic. A really we'll put together package.
E

Congrats! I am waiting with MUCH anticipation for word that mine is ready to purchase.

#39 10 years ago

Mike,
I upgraded my Lower Cabinet base speaker to a larger Flipper Fidelity speaker that is positioned higher than the original factory speaker; it sits on a mounting blockphoto (14).JPGphoto (14).JPG. The top of the magnet of the speaker is 4.5" above the floor of the cabinet including the mounting block. Would this create an interference problem with the underside of the TV? See picture.

#40 10 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

Mike,
I upgraded my Lower Cabinet base speaker to a larger Flipper Fidelity speaker that is positioned higher than the original factory speaker; it sits on a mounting block. The top of the magnet of the speaker is 4.5" above the floor of the cabinet including the mounting block. Would this create an interference problem with the underside of the TV? See picture.

photo (14).JPG 134 KB

You should be fine.

FYI - Answers to all posted questions are located at the top of this thread in the "Question & Answer" section.

#41 10 years ago

2.0 is an awesome mod. Received mine the other day. Hopefully I will get some more testing of the mod and movie adding in today. Recommend the mod highly.

#42 10 years ago

Thanks for info on compatibility with FF speaker in Cab. My game is good candidate for this because the hologram in my game, while still green, is becoming progressively more blurred and distorted because the hologram is delaminating from the backing plate.

#43 10 years ago

Just a quick note to say thanks to Mike. I just completed the playfield swap on my CFTBL and decided to install the LCD mod (that has been sitting in the box for the last few months). Anyway, after the install, I wasn't getting power to the Raspberry Pi. I sent Mike a quick note and within minutes he calls me back and solves my issue (I forgot to plug the triac connector into the board). So, thank you very much for your help and patience Mike!!!

Here are the pics I promised to post. I still have lots of cabinet/head work to do but the playfield looks amazing on the top and bottom. I am also installing some pieces that I had powder coated at the local shop too.

DSC04013.JPGDSC04013.JPG DSC04007.JPGDSC04007.JPG
#44 10 years ago
Quoted from xfassa:

Just a quick note to say thanks to Mike. I just completed the playfield swap on my CFTBL and decided to install the LCD mod (that has been sitting in the box for the last few months). Anyway, after the install, I wasn't getting power to the Raspberry Pi. I sent Mike a quick note and within minutes he calls me back and solves my issue (I forgot to plug the triac connector into the board). So, thank you very much for your help and patience Mike!!!
Here are the pics I promised to post. I still have lots of cabinet/head work to do but the playfield looks amazing on the top and bottom. I am also installing some pieces that I had powder coated at the local shop too.

DSC04013.JPG 360 KB

DSC04007.JPG 178 KB

No worries, just wanted to make sure you got it up and running

Nice job on the pf swap.

As a side note, if you want to improve visibility of the TV screen you can adjust the black cardboard piece mounted below the lagoon window (see the picture in the installation manual previously posted in this thread). Making this modification greatly increases what you see on the TV.

#45 10 years ago

Just wanted to say what a great experience I have had with this. I got the mod right away as version 1 and was blown away. Straight forward installation and really looks awesome along with my colordmd.
Now I have the upgrade. I am a nitwit and got confused about the computer portion of customizing my images. I sent a pm to Mike, who answered it on a Sunday and offered to call me and explain it on the phone. Well I figured it out now and have images of my kids making their scariest creech faces while posing in front of our fishtank popping up as f.i.l.m. images now. Talk about customizing a game! I can't believe how cool this mod is, and I really appreciate the fact that Mike is passionate about it and actually cares about it after it leaves for the customer.
I highly recommed this for every other creech fan

#46 10 years ago

A PLUS
Version One was great, but I just opened the update and you guys have hit the ball outta the park with version two! All the alternative files are greatly appreciated...makes it so the videos don't get old. AND now I have the ability to dabble and make my own with the easy to use software...this is a dream come true for me. The instructions were as top-notch as the MOD itself.
THANK YOU for a MOD well done!
best,
Brad Grant, Vacaville, CA

PS to Xfassa-- sweet rails on your Creech!

#47 10 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the original videos you guys dream up.

#48 10 years ago

Installed mine a couple of weeks ago. Great solution for the hologram not to mention a great upgrade. Well worth the money. No more worry of where to get the next hologram and have to pay thru the nose for one that will mutate to a blue blob in a couple years.

#49 10 years ago

Mike (or others that have it already)....is there a way for a specific video to play a certain percentage of the time?

For example....during multball when the creature appears, can there be a specific video that comes on 90% of the time and 10% of the time an "alternative" video would come on? I don't expect that to be an option, but thought I would ask. I should have mine in the mail in the next few days

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Mike (or others that have it already)....is there a way for a specific video to play a certain percentage of the time?
For example....during multball when the creature appears, can there be a specific video that comes on 90% of the time and 10% of the time an "alternative" video would come on? I don't expect that to be an option, but thought I would ask. I should have mine in the mail in the next few days

Even if the code doesn't have the ability to do this (I haven't checked) you could put 9 copies of the same video in the folder (named differently) and your special one. That would effectively give you the same result.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 150.00
Lighting - Interactive
UpKick Pinball
Interactive
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 495 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 10.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-cftbl-lcd-hologram-mod-version-20 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.