(Topic ID: 114755)

PMD 2015 Updates

By PinballMikeD

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Seek__Destroy.png
    Spiderman_SmartDMD.png
    SmartDMD_System_.png
    ACDC.jpg
    MET SDMD.jpg
    CFTBL.jpg
    12.png
    14.png
    13.png
    11.png
    9.png
    10.png
    8.png
    6.png
    5.png
    4.png
    #1 9 years ago

Out of the frying pan and into the fire….

It looks like 2015 is going to be a very busy year for us We are gearing up to launch several new exciting products: (1) SmartDMD, (2) SmartAudio, and (3) our new 24 inch interactive HD LED screen back glass kits. These 3 products have been engineered to work hand-in-hand with each other, providing customers with a completely customizable audio/video/DMD system for their Stern SAM pinball machines. It is our intention to provide a complete turnkey “Universal MOD System” that offers the following features:

1) Colorized DMD dots animations
    2) 2.1 stereo sound
    3) Customizable audio integration capable of playing uncompressed user definable music and sound effect files
    4) HD video integration in the back box that allows the end user to play whatever videos he/she wants for a variety of interactive gameplay modes

Please keep in mind these products are being designed to integrate with each other. This doesn’t mean you need all 3 products for each individual MOD to work correctly, just that we can’t guarantee our products will work correctly when combined with other vendor’s hardware. With that said, our sound system is being designed to integrate seamlessly with Flipper Fidelity speaker kits.

We will continue to offer the “CFTBL Hologram MOD” on a limited bases, available for purchase here:

http://pinballmiked.com/?product=cftbl-hologram-mod

Likewise, we will also continue to offer the “ACDC Interactive LCD Concert MOD” on a limited bases, available for purchase here (Please note this MOD will only work on the Premium and LE versions of ACDC):

http://pinballmiked.com/?product=acdc-interactive-lcd-concert-mod

We only plan on doing a few small batch runs for CFTBL and the ACDC Concert MOD in 2015. This allows us the necessary time needed to focus our efforts on continued product development as well as the upcoming MODs previously mentioned. For those that have contacted me in the past regarding either ACDC or CFTBL, I’ll make sure to touch base when we have inventory in stock. However, merchandise will be sold on a first come first served based through our web store. Moving forward all PMD products will be sold through our web store here:

http://pinballmiked.com/?page_id=226

For international sales please contact me directly via email ([email protected]) once you see we have inventory in stock. I don’t check my PinSide PMs as much as I should

Due to our current work load we are no longer accepting restoration or repair work.

SmartDMD Update:

1) ACDC is complete. We are now actively in the process of building kits. I’ll update the web store to included SmartDMD products very soon
    2) Avengers should be completed by the time we have hardware in stock, so this will also be available in the upcoming weeks.
    3) Metallica is up next

Happy New Year.

#2 9 years ago

Here's a sneak peak of Metallica:

2.png2.png
    3.png3.png
    4.png4.png

#3 9 years ago

WOW

#4 9 years ago

Mark Galvez really knocked this one out of the park for Stern. His dots are truly impressive; just fantastic work. I'm really enjoying colorizing this one.

#5 9 years ago

Here are a few more Metallica pics:

5.png5.png
    6.png6.png
    8.png8.png
    9.png9.png
    10.png10.png
    14.png14.png
    13.png13.png
    12.png12.png
    11.png11.png

#6 9 years ago

Looks great...I'd like this on my Met for sure

#7 9 years ago

Yeah...
    Very nice color !!!
    Looks great too...

#8 9 years ago

When will we get more details on the SmartAudio system? How will it work to add custom sounds?

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballZach:

When will we get more details on the SmartAudio system? How will it work to add custom sounds?

This will be released second half of 2015.

#10 9 years ago

Drooling for AC/DC and Star Trek Color.
    Thanks for putting all the effort into these great machines.

#11 9 years ago

SmartDMD update:

We now have the following "future" releases in the works: XMen, Transformers, and Star Trek. Once I finish MET I'll get moving on TWD. Ok, back to work.

#12 9 years ago
    Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Once I finish MET I'll get moving on TWD.

Is TWD really done enough to do that? I just assumed the rules were unfinished enough that more animations would probably come I guess, but maybe I'm wrong. I've only played it a few times. Has great dots though.

1 month later
    #13 9 years ago

Update 2/17/15

To better support existing SmartDMD users, we have decided to offer our color files independently from our kits. Regardless of whether you purchase a PMD kit or simply decide to build your own SmartDMD system, you’ll have access to all of our color files.

Here are the pricing options:

Base Kit – this is the DIY kit where you colorize your own game ($300)
    Game Specific Kit – this is a turnkey pre-colorized kit like ACDC ($330)
    Game Specific Color File - $50

1 week later
    #14 9 years ago

Update 2/28/15

(1) CFTBL MODs are currently in production and will be back in stock 3/6/15
    (2) Our first run of ACDC SmartDMDs will be ready to go 3/13/15.

We're also happy to announce that Single Color 16x Upscaled SmartDMDs will be coming in April/May. These will be offered at the same price as the DIY kits - $300 plus shipping. Also, future game specific color files will be made available, for only $30, to anyone that purchases a Single Color PMD SmartDMD kit.

1 month later
    #15 9 years ago

Any news on SmartAudio?

#16 9 years ago

Sorry, no update at this time

1 week later
    #17 9 years ago

Unfortunately, due to my increasing work load outside of pinball I will no longer be able to assemble “turnkey” SmartDMD kits. However, I will continue to offer “DIY” kits for folks interested in building their own SmartDMD systems. DIY kits are available for $199 + shipping and include everything minus the LCD screen and driver board.

The screen and driver board can be purchased on EBay for roughly $100, this includes free shipping.

For more details on SmartDMD, including assembly instructions and software tutorials, please read this thread (moving forward this is where I’ll provided SDMD updates):

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/smartdmd-everything-you-need-to-know

My color files (ACDC, Avengers, MET, and POTC as well) are free for anyone that already owns or wants to build a SDMD kit. If you want to purchase a DIY kit please email me directly at:

[email protected]

Thanks for the continued support.

1 month later
    #18 8 years ago

More Creature MODs in process:

CFTBL.jpgCFTBL.jpg

I love 3 day weekends, that means some free time for prototyping

Here's a look at the new style speaker panel SDMD kits:

MET SDMD.jpgMET SDMD.jpg

Working on a new version of the ACDC LCD MOD (might look cool with a SDMD installed):

ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

#19 8 years ago

No mention of Smartaudio? Are you going to relinquish the market to Pinsound?

1 week later
    #20 8 years ago

Moving forward I'll be shifting all PMD restoration & MOD updates to our new Facebook page.

#21 8 years ago

mike,

do you have a link to the facebook page? i tried to search "pinball mike", "pmd", "pinballmiked", etc and can't seem to find it

thanks

#22 8 years ago

I'll post the link when it's finished. There will also be a link from our website (pinballmiked.com).

3 weeks later
    #24 8 years ago

For those that aren't following us on Facebook, here's a look at our latest project:

SmartDMD System .pngSmartDMD System .png
    Spiderman SmartDMD.pngSpiderman SmartDMD.png

#25 8 years ago

Note for all MET SmartDMD users:

1.64 is compiling now, should be ready this afternoon

FYI - I've converted the marco file from "In-frame" to "Serial Side-Channel", so moving forward all updates will require the serial add on.

Still working on "Seek & Destroy", but it's almost done

Seek__Destroy.pngSeek__Destroy.png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-2015-production-schedule and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.