39.png
38.png
37.png
36.JPG
35.png
34.png
32.png
29.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#156 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Unfortunately, building an air conditioned workshop and buying good quality tools isn’t cheap.

Boy, that's the truth. I recently had my shop finished and it was an amazing amount of work and not cheap. I sold several games to help fund it. I didn't do it myself, it would have taken me six months and I still probably wouldn't be done. I don't mean to crap on your thread, but it looks like we had similar things done so I'll tag along here and get your comments and maybe we can help others that are considering similar projects.

I had my third garage bay walled off and climate controlled. Like you said, before I had one outlet serving my entire work area.

-New wall with double doors to access the other two car garage area
-Mini-split for heat and AC
-Two 20 amp circuits, 8 plugs (Two 4-gang outlets) at my work bench and four others throughout the garage space. This in addition to the mini-split necessitated a sub panel in the basement. I also had conduit installed so I can run coax and ethernet as well as 240v service if needed. I also installed one of those cord reels, those are nice.
-Fully insulated which means the exterior walls needed insulation blown into them as well as insulating the attic. My garage door is composite wood, not aluminum, so I had to come up with my own insulation design for it as the pre-made kits wouldn't work.
- 3 banks of LED shop lights. These things are amazing!
-Decking in the attic over the space so I can store stuff up there and get it out of the way.

I also had a small addition built on the back of the house so that I can store my mower and yard tools and get them out of the shop area. This meant I had to relocate my AC condenser for the house.

In the end my dedicated shop area that is climate controlled is a little over 250 sqft. The addition on back is about 50 sqft.

I like your cabinets and work bench. This is one area I haven't tackled yet. I go back and forth on cabinets vs. shelves. Cabinets look nice, and keep things neat. But you can get a lot more usable storage space with shelves. But boxes on shelves looks cluttered and messy.

I was going to finish my floor with epoxy paint but in the end I wanted to get moved back in and not do the prep work and have to wait on it. I was also afraid I'd scuff it up when moving games around. I also didn't know what to do for mats on the floor and if I should bother with them. I roll games around on a lift table and I thought they'd get in the way. But they would also help with insulating the floor as the concrete is going to be a big heatsink in the winter. Not something you really have to worry about in Florida. Another decision I need to make.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Decals
Creative Mods

$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 275.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinwize.com

$ 11.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 130.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Boca Raton, FL
$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Manteca, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Wanted
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stangbat.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-restoration-rampage?tu=stangbat and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.