(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msj2222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#157 9 years ago

I am very interested in this when its done...good work!

#162 9 years ago

I would like mine first, This is something Stern should have done in the first place.

#164 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Dude, that Avatar is hilarious. Too funny.

Thanks, now get to work and stop looking at avatars....we are waiting!

1 month later
#189 9 years ago

Email sent...cant wait Now if you can fit the STLE in the shipping box with this that would be great

3 weeks later
#258 9 years ago

Ok, Im ready! This waiting is killin me.

1 month later
#314 9 years ago

This mod is awesome! Been having fun with it for weeks now. The only downside is all the time I am spending on YOUTUBE searching videos to install and how bad my play has gotten because I am watching the video screen. Thanks Mike

#318 9 years ago

Mike could it be possible to change the program so the videos cycle through randomly? I find as I add more videos the last ones added are not often seen. Not necessarily randomizing every video but just where in the cue it begins. Thanks

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Rusty is currently working on some software improvements. We could add a text file that would let you specify whether you want to see the videos randomly of in alphabetical order (for example, 1 = random and anything other than 1 would = alphabetical). However, this would require you to re-image your SD card.

Perfect, just let me know when its ready and how I can re-image. Thanks Again

8 months later
#401 8 years ago

Will people who bought in on the first run be able to update/upgrade the original version?

2 years later
#593 6 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

colordmd has nothing to do with this. this fix is for the smartdmd coloring script

well that's kinda confusing because this is the interactive lcd mod thread. Maybe this https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-smartdmd-kits-coming-soon would be a more appropriate thread to post fixes for that mod.

3 months later
#627 5 years ago

Can anyone assist me in getting the new code to work with my mod, I am running the old code because I don't know how to update so the Mike D mod will work. I am not willing to give up the mod for the new code. I be happy to reimburse someone for their time. Thanks,

#631 5 years ago

I have watched this 3 times and still am having trouble wrapping my head around it

1 week later
#635 5 years ago

Anyone else have the mod going into the "welcome to hell" video mode on the mod when they fire the cannon. Any fix for this?

2 weeks later
#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t have this so don’t think it’s a software glitch.

I still cant clear this up. When I install my 1.68 code the mod works as designed. When I go to 1.70 code the mod will play the "welcome to hell" lower playfield videos when I fire the cannon. Also, it doesn't recognize the juke box drop when I am in the lower playfield. I could really use some help solving this!

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've experienced this also in 1.70.

Is it consistently doing this or just every once in awhile?

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I believe its every game.

Great info, thanks. Mine is also. I havent loaded 1.70 back yet to see if its the cannon coil triggering it or the lock bar button. More info we gather, the more chance we have to correct this. Thanks for your input

2 weeks later
#647 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Just a heads up with 1.70 Stern code and initial "comm142.hex" patch - There was a bug which was triggering the "Welcome to "Hell" videos whenever you fired the cannon. oga83 and MikeD has the bug fixed by using the newest version of PB he just released (v6.42 above). If you are seeing this bug then you'll have to repatch your code.

Mine is working great now, thanks for everyone who was involved in the effort to get this fixed.

1 week later
#658 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...same thing with me (this is my 2nd attempt). Is it possible the patch is specific to a version of Mike's cool mod? I was a very early adopter and whatever I have installed was likely in the first batch. I believe when Mike re-produced the mod, changes were made. PinballMikeD are all versions able to be updated? Please advise,
snaroff

I have one of the first also, got mine working fine after a couple tries and help from Habo. Keep at it, you'll get it

3 years later
#688 2 years ago

I sold my AC/DC awhile ago but eventually Mike D moved everything on to the sd card and it was much more reliable. Seems maybe the usb and sd didnt always work nice together.

2 months later
#704 1 year ago

i made backup copies of my cards, if someone want to pay shipping and replacement costs for the sd and usb drives, I will ship these out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider msj2222.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon?tu=msj2222 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.