(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#440 7 years ago

Mike,

Please make a similar version for Rob Zombies pin

2 months later
#463 7 years ago

This is a MUST have mod for ACDC premium owners. Mike has updated the design to be easier than ever to mount install. Everything comes preassembled basically.

I don't think there is any software updates needed at the moment since its running off of Sterns latest code.

2 weeks later
#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone installed this on the pro led model?

It only works for Prem/LE's as the Stern code is modified. Maybe Mike will tweak the code a bit for Pro's?

6 months later
#509 7 years ago

This is by far the best mod every created in the history of mods. Mike truly thought this one out top to bottom. Very talented dude.

10 months later
#539 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Reached out to Oga83 to discuss the communication patch, I'm sure we'll get a work around.

Between Oliver and Mike, they will make short work of this.

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

looks not good for us
i hope he could do a update, asked him and got this answer
Olivier

Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Reached out to Oga83 to discuss the communication patch, I'm sure we'll get a work around.

I doubt Stern did anything super big that Oliver/Mike couldn't figure out.

1 week later
#600 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

The communication patch will work on AC/DC v1.70 but the issue is not easy to fix and it takes time.

Quoted from Waxx:

I've been thinking about the same thing but who will buy it when it only works up to 1.68, I wouldn't.

Give Oliver some time guys. Its only been a week/half since the code came out. He's stated this is not an easy fix but not leaving anyone hanging.

3 months later
#628 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Can anyone assist me in getting the new code to work with my mod, I am running the old code because I don't know how to update so the Mike D mod will work. I am not willing to give up the mod for the new code. I be happy to reimburse someone for their time. Thanks,

3 weeks later
#641 5 years ago

I've experienced this also in 1.70.

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Is it consistently doing this or just every once in awhile?

I believe its every game.

2 weeks later
#646 5 years ago

Just a heads up with 1.70 Stern code and initial "comm142.hex" patch - There was a bug which was triggering the "Welcome to "Hell" videos whenever you fired the cannon. oga83 and MikeD has the bug fixed by using the newest version of PB he just released (v6.42 above). If you are seeing this bug then you'll have to repatch your code.

#648 5 years ago

Thanks for pointing it out @msj2222. I saw the vids playing but thought it was possibly a USB card problem.

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Folks,
My PMD LCD Mod has been out of commission since I updated to 1.7. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC so I can't run PinballBrowser to patch the binary.
I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can run the patch for me with AC/DC serial # is 233854 (and allow me to download it so I can update my machine). If the download/update works, I'm happy to PayPal you $20 for your kindness...
Thanks,
snaroff

I can do this for you after I get home from work tonight. I'll send you a download link afterwards.

#656 5 years ago

It has to do with Sterns code and not the LCD mod. Sterns code has to be cracked/modded to allow the serial port on the board to communicate with the LCD mod. That's how the mod knows what song/mode you are on and what vid to play. When the 170 code came out back in February a new "comm" patch had to be made by Oliver (creator of Pinball Browser). If your using an older version of PB Browser then get the upgrade with new patch.

Pinball Browsers 6.42
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1a11nWUX4hBM747RFZi5emocxKWkJjyJW

1 year later
#673 4 years ago

I would have issues from time to time and simply taking the USB stick to my computer and plugging it in would automatically correct errors. Try this then put back in your game. It may be a quick fix you need. However, the USB stick that came with (from memory) the mod has all the utilities to fix other things:

- Drive manager to reimage the entire Operating System on your SD card located on your Pi board
- SD Image
- Utility to resize and edit pictures
- Old version of Pinball Browser to edit songs, DMD texts

It also includes the Manual, Serial Number all videos and pictures used in the mod. For anyone that has the mod I would back this USB up somewhere on your PC or burn it to CD.

2 years later
#689 2 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There's a USB flash drive that is attached to the MikeD LCD. If whoever installed it followed the instructions, the USB cable and flash drive should be just tie wrapped to the inside of the coin door. With the power off, remove the flash drive, install it in a PC/Laptop, copy the entire flash drive contents to the PC (just in case). Then browse through the flash drive directories to find the log files, and delete all of the log files (but leave the log file directory there, just empty) . Reinstall the flash drive into the pinball machine, reboot the pinball machine and it should work fine for another 50-100 games (maybe more)

Not saying this will work for you but I've had minor issues with the USB becoming semi corrupt and not booting up. When I plugged the USB into my PC it automatically recognized the issue and corrected it.

As KingBW stated copy and backup all the files from the USB stick to your PC. The USB is your all in one tool kit. MikeD put all the files and applications you need to completely reload your mod from scratch. The contents will have an OS image and disk image software to reload your Rasberi PI PC. It will also have an older version of Pinball Browser to reconfigure any newer Stern Code with your AC/DC game serial number. It even has a simple program that will resize images and do overlays onto them. All of the videos that play are on the USB stick. Put more videos in these folders if you want something different to play. I've modded my ACDC to play Big Guns, Shoot to Thrill and Who Made Who with the music videos to go with them.

2 months later
#702 1 year ago

The comm140 error sounds like an issue with the Pinball-Browser app. If your using the Pinball-Browser app loaded on the SD card, tt probably needs upgraded. That issue was fixed a while ago. Head over to the Pinball-Browser app and/or contact oga83

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/acdc-display-and-modify-dot-matrix-images

PS. Make sure you update the Stern code with your pinball serial number in Pinball-Browser before creating the image.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hAbO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon?tu=hAbO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.