(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.
#401 8 years ago

Will people who bought in on the first run be able to update/upgrade the original version?

#402 8 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Will people who bought in on the first run be able to update/upgrade the original version?

I'm just changing the wiring setup around based on customer feedback. As software enhancments are made for this product they will be free to anyone that buys the MOD (past, present, or future).

#403 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'm just changing the wiring setup around based on customer feedback. As software enhancments are made for this product they will be free to anyone that buys the MOD (past, present, or future).

Since it will work for past units, definitely count me in on this update!

#404 8 years ago

If you already have a Smartdmd using the serial port for sidechannel, can still this mod be installed as it also uses same port?

#405 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

If you already have a Smartdmd using the serial port for sidechannel, can still this mod be installed as it also uses same port?

Haven't tried this yet, but looking at a USB hub.

#406 8 years ago

Moving forward I'll be shifting all PMD restoration & MOD updates to our new Facebook page.

#407 8 years ago

Bad move IMHO

Plenty of people Don't do Facebook
I have absolutely no interest in social media in any shape or form outside of my hobby / forum interests!!

#408 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Bad move IMHO
Plenty of people Don't do FacebookI have absolutely no interest in social media in any shape or form outside of my hobby / forum interests!!

My life seems to be getting busier all the time (work, family, pinball, etc.) and it's becoming too time-consuming for me to keep up with multiple product threads here on PinSide while simultaneously maintaining my own website, restoring pinball machines, building new MODs, and creating pinball videos. I'm not going anywhere, just trying to focus more time on pinball projects instead of pinball threads

If you aren’t into social media you can follow our products and restorations directly at pinballmiked.com.

#409 8 years ago

I despise FB too, but like it or not it's becoming the new standard for marketing. Stern itself finally has realized this.

4 weeks later
#410 8 years ago

Just started prototyping a redesign, so it will be a few weeks.
FYI - This MOD is only for premium/LE model machines.

It sounds like another run will be made then I'll likely be getting one this time. Looks like an amazing mod.

#411 8 years ago

Wow! I have to have this mod for my Luci! I hope you sell more soon! Please place me on the pre order list.

TY

#412 8 years ago

I just got some prototype parts in to test over the July 4th weekend, so things are moving along on the redesign

#413 8 years ago

Definitely in for this, love your display in my Creech!

#414 8 years ago

Count me in as well

#415 8 years ago

Count me in

#416 8 years ago

On the list!

#418 8 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

still waiting bump

Me too....

#419 8 years ago

Count me in too!

Will the concert stage cover for it be made available for purchase?

#420 8 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Will the concert stage cover for it be made available for purchase?

band stage mod is available here

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=pinballmiked

#421 8 years ago

Put me on the list!.

4 months later
#422 8 years ago

I've been working on revamping this MOD, should have a handful of prototype units ready to go in another week or two. Here's a look at the new design:

ACDC MOD.JPGACDC MOD.JPG

This version is for US customers only as it's powered off of the 120VAC service receptacle inside the pinball machine. I'll post some install pics this weekend; it should be much easier

// Error: Image 471347 not found //

#423 8 years ago

Test fitted everything for version 2.0 this morning, here's a look at the new installation:

(1) The new US version of the MOD will included a 120VAC power supply that is controlled via the game's 5V circuit:

Isolated Power.JPGIsolated Power.JPG

(2) Both the LCD driver board and RPi are powered off of the MOD's 120VAC power supply using a 2amp USB converter:

Hardware_Power.jpgHardware_Power.jpg

(3) The acrylic RPi mounting panel has been moved from the playfield backboard to the rear of the cabinet for an easier installation:

RPi_Location.jpgRPi_Location.jpg

(4) The LCD driver board has been moved to the rear of the LCD montior (it's now plug & play):

LCD_Hardware.jpgLCD_Hardware.jpg

Here's the LCD system in action:

New Version.JPGNew Version.JPG

Version 2.0 is currently only for US customers. It utilizes an RPi (version B+) and a newer 5V USB powered LCD driver board. The software is exactly the same as the original version of the MOD. If you're interested in a 2.0 prototype unit please email me directly at [email protected] and I'll reserve a MOD for you. Based on demand, I'll be doing a small batch run of ACDC MODs for the up coming Christmas holiday.

FYI - this MOD uses Pinball Browser to install a communication patch in the game's BIN file. So, if you've already used PB to modify song tracks you'll have to re-run your macro after loading the new serial communication patch.

#424 8 years ago

looks good Mike, but might be worth noting if the mod comes with or does not come with the stage mod fitted to it.

if not it is available separately here:
https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=pinballmiked&sort=newest

#425 8 years ago

sent you a email

#426 8 years ago

Is it still same price eg usd 475?

And than the 110 VAC issue, as I see it is still 5 VDC USB powered and the only change required would be a 230 VAC USB charger or am I missing something?

#427 8 years ago

i think you will need 5 V for the PI and 5V for the tft

should be no problem to get a pus in europe

i am also interested

#428 8 years ago

Email sent!

#429 8 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Is it still same price eg usd 475?
And than the 110 VAC issue, as I see it is still 5 VDC USB powered and the only change required would be a 230 VAC USB charger or am I missing something?

I'll me doing an EU run after this one, just need to figure out the 220VAC primary power side of the power supply. I can build a 220VAC power supply, but you'd still need to get power to it as the European machines don't include a service outlet.

#430 8 years ago

All of the prototypes are now spoken for.

#431 8 years ago

I asked to be on the list 4 months ago in this thread.I missed out again?.
Email sent.

#432 8 years ago

i hope i am in , also

waiting for a long time, too

#433 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

I asked to be on the list 4 months ago in this thread.I missed out again?.
Email sent.

This, had request for 2 for myself and fellow league member in earlier, are those part of the spoken for units?

#434 8 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

This, had request for 2 for myself and fellow league member in earlier, are those part of the spoken for units?

email sent too, seems to be a question several of us have. Unit k=looks great and well worth the wait and $

#435 8 years ago

Sorry, I don't check PinSide as often as my email ([email protected]) and it's hard to manage pre-order lists. I'll be building more, so no worries.

1 month later
#436 8 years ago

Just got mine installed on Luci, and I have to say this is the most must have mod ever made. It is absolutely stunning, and looks like it was installed from the factory. It just made the best pinball ever made, even better!! Thanks MikeD!

#437 8 years ago

Cool. Glad you like it

Merry Christmas.

4 months later
#438 7 years ago

While getting the new garage/workshop setup, I found a box of ACDC parts, so I should have a few more US units ready soon. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if you're interested.

#439 7 years ago

Awesome - e-mail is on the way to you!

While getting the new garage/workshop setup, I found a box of ACDC parts, so I should have a few more US units ready soon. Shoot me an email ([email protected]) if you're interested.

#440 7 years ago

Mike,

Please make a similar version for Rob Zombies pin

#441 7 years ago

Please let me know when you finde a box of AC/DC parts for one more EU unit.

#442 7 years ago

All of the units I have are currently spoken for

Quoted from Asael:

Please let me know when you finde a box of AC/DC parts for one more EU unit.

I have a few other MOD projects I need to finish up, but this will be one of my next tasks.

2 weeks later
#443 7 years ago

Quick Update:

I'm waiting on some acrylic parts, should have them early next week. At that point I'll be able to start building a few kits.

#444 7 years ago

Mike does great work, love my Wh20!!

Pm me if you want a "kit" in box. I'm gonna sell my Ac/dc soon and never installed it.

#445 7 years ago

Acrylic parts have arrived.

Acrylic_Parts_(resized).JPGAcrylic_Parts_(resized).JPG

Now I can start building some MODs

#446 7 years ago

and for those wanting to upgrade the front of the lcd mod with the stage pieces head here
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=pinballmiked&type=

and while you are at it need any AC/DC gear
http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinksacca&sort=newest

1 week later
#447 7 years ago

It's taking me a little longer than anticipated. On a positive note, I've decide to make more units.

Everyone that's emailed me (as of 6/16/16) should now be covered

ACDC_Parts_(resized).JPGACDC_Parts_(resized).JPG

#448 7 years ago

It's taking me a little longer than anticipated. On a positive note, I've decide to make more units.
Everyone that's emailed me (as of 6/16/16) should now be covered

I love mine.Might be the best mod ever!

1 month later
#449 7 years ago

Finished shipping out the first batch of units today. I should have more ready by the end of next week. A couple guys backed out, so let me know if you're interested. Please keep in mind that this MOD is ONLY for the LE/Prem version of the machine.

#450 7 years ago

Is there a place to get software updates?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Williamsburg, VA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/9 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.