(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.
#351 9 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I have both, they don't interfere with each other.

Hi, sometimes I can be dense...this may be one, are you saying I can run Both at the same time? that's by goal.

Thnx, B.

2 weeks later
#352 9 years ago

We are currently sold out. Depending on interest level we may do another run mid 2015.

#353 9 years ago

Just finished installing this terrific mod which I picked up from Turbo20lbs. This thing is amazing, my wife loves it! Thanks for helping me get it running, Mike, awesome tech support. Looking forward to adding the concert stage trim soon.

#354 9 years ago

Before...

image.jpgimage.jpg

After...

image-780.jpgimage-780.jpg

Top shelf mod! Amazing design and easy to install, thanks Mike.

3 weeks later
#356 9 years ago

Dropped mine in last night, this is so well thought out, it installs easy, wiring is excellent and fits like a dream, 1 to 10, this kit is a 12.

IMG_1083.jpgIMG_1083.jpg
1 week later
#357 9 years ago

I can't believe I waited so long to install this mod.
It rocks
Excellent job on this one,must have for AC/DC fans.

#358 9 years ago

I need one

1 week later
#359 9 years ago

I want this. Saw one last night. Amazing!

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

We are currently sold out. Depending on interest level we may do another run mid 2015.

I'd probably be interested in the Pro version. Let us know when you do another run!

#361 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I'd probably be interested in the Pro version. Let us know when you do another run!

This MOD was designed specifically for the Prem and LEs models. It will not work on a Pro - sorry

#362 9 years ago

Pro is coming, just havn't got to it yet.

What happened?

#363 9 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

What happened?

The install is just too complicated for the Pro.

#364 9 years ago

PinMikeD will you do another run of these?

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

PinMikeD will you do another run of these?

Yes.

However, we're currently working on some other projects first. For more details on this years production schedule - click here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-2015-production-schedule

#366 9 years ago

Looking forward to next batch. Thanks Mike.

1 week later
#367 9 years ago

Good news. We’ve updated the video editing software for this product, so now you can download videos from all the PinSider requested sites: (vimeo, vivo, apple trailers, and many many many more). In addition, we’ve added an overlay time so you can now specify the start and stop time for your text or graphical overlays. If you're an ACDC customer and you’d like the new software please shoot me an email and I’ll take care of you.

#368 9 years ago

Oh man, I missed the updates for this thread. Mike, those little hats are hilarious, nicely done.

#369 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Oh man, I missed the updates for this thread. Mike, those little hats are hilarious, nicely done.

I have to give Swinks all the credit. He did a great job indeed.

1 week later
#370 9 years ago

The install is just too complicated for the Pro.

I am in for the PRO when you have it ready.

1 month later
#371 9 years ago

Big thanks to Mike for this mod! I just did the install today and it went MUCH easier than I expected, probably took less than 30min aside from the software update. The hardest part for me was to remount the control board behind the jukebox lightboard, that's just because I didn't have much light where I was working.

Anyways, booted up the pin for the first time, watched the LCD screen turn on, and then had a huge smile on my face when I saw the attract mode video start.

A truly great mod! Thanks again!

1 month later
#372 8 years ago

Please do a Re-Run for Ac/Dc and PLEASE do it for the Pro version !!!

#373 8 years ago

I agree the mod is one of the best mods ever made. I was a goof and broke the clip on the ribbon cable and Mike fixed it for me and sent it back. It really makes the game look better though, I do like the corny kicking band still.

IMG_4016.jpgIMG_4016.jpg IMG_4015.jpgIMG_4015.jpg
#374 8 years ago

Coaster did the mod come with animations on it or did you have to put them on it? Also will it work in conjunction with color DMD?

#375 8 years ago

I'll answer for him,yes the animations are there already.
You need another patch cable to hook up both.
I think PMD has them already.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
2 weeks later
#376 8 years ago

I'm gearing up to do another run of these, just curious how many folks want one? Again, this MOD is only for LE/Premium model machines.

#377 8 years ago

I may give it another try if ribbon cable is different .

1 week later
#378 8 years ago

Here's a look at the new ACDC prototype:

ACDC.jpgACDC.jpg

Any interested in making this capable of running as a SDMD as well?

#379 8 years ago

Do you mean it will be swapping the content between the two displays?

#380 8 years ago

That was the thought

#381 8 years ago

Where do I sign up for one of these?

#382 8 years ago

Count me in!

#383 8 years ago

Looks great. Is there a new version coming out?

#385 8 years ago

Just started prototyping a redesign, so it will be a few weeks.

FYI - This MOD is only for premium/LE model machines.

#386 8 years ago

Count me down for one
RB

#387 8 years ago

Mike, when you say, swapping content between the two displays.... what does that mean for the uninformed?

#388 8 years ago

I'm on board and will take one, however, would you consider lowering the price if possible? At $475, it's not for everyone as a mod, and gives me pause to add it to my Premium.

Is there a place on your website to sign up for pre-orders?

#389 8 years ago

i would also be interested in the band mod if the price will drop

#390 8 years ago
Quoted from gatordad:

Mike, when you say, swapping content between the two displays.... what does that mean for the uninformed?

I'm running a SmartDMD in conjunction with the Concert MOD, so I'm going to play around with what is displayed on each screen (moving the DMD to the playfield and the videos to the DMD).

#391 8 years ago
Quoted from BestShot31:

Is there a place on your website to sign up for pre-orders?

I hate pre-orders and will never make my customers pay until I have something to ship

#392 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i would also be interested in the band mod if the price will drop

Sorry, this will be an even smaller run than the original, so my material costs will be higher. Plus, I'm adding more hardware at no additional cost.

#393 8 years ago

Mike, put me down for one. Getting an LE shortly. Very cool! Add in cable req to run with color dmd.

#394 8 years ago
Quoted from volkdrive:

Mike, put me down for one. Getting an LE shortly. Very cool! Add in cable req to run with color dmd.

How will this work with the Color DMD.What does it do?.

#395 8 years ago

Mike, please put me on your list if you have one. My only concern is that one of the songs has been changed on my machine.

#396 8 years ago

Mike, there was a rumor that you were considering replacing the translite with a full led screen in the future. Similar to woz. Just a rumor or could this happen?

#397 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinzzz:

How will this work with the Color DMD.What does it do?.

Quoted from MJW:

Mike, please put me on your list if you have one. My only concern is that one of the songs has been changed on my machine.

This and this...

#398 8 years ago

will the new mod run only with smartdmd or also with colordmd?

#399 8 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

will the new mod run only with smartdmd or also with colordmd?

It should work with CDMD, unless you are running it as a SDMD. You will have to update the game code to handle a needed serial communication patch, but I don't see this being a problem.

Quoted from MJW:

Mike, there was a rumor that you were considering replacing the translite with a full led screen in the future. Similar to woz. Just a rumor or could this happen?

We did some prototyping on ACDC, but the first back glass MOD will be for my other Richie game This is still being worked on, but trying to finish up some SDMD stuff first.

#400 8 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

If you've changed songs you'd have to run the patch first and then rerun the macro in PB with the song changes.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.