(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.
#251 9 years ago

Shot down in flames

#252 9 years ago

Any non Ac/dc songs for list? I replaced with…

Thunder Road
Born to Run
Sweet Home Alabama
Satisfaction
We Will Rock You
Hit Me With Your Best Shot
Just What I Needed
Don't Look Back
All Summer Long

I know some other guys have my song file too….

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Come on man, those were already on the list

Nice editing.
Guess I was scanning too fast. lol.

#254 9 years ago

'Fire your guns' would be nice...

#255 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sweet Home Alabama

In a AC/DC pin? wow thats horrible.

#256 9 years ago

Who made who, and Love hungry man.

#257 9 years ago

All the songs from one of their greatest albums - Flick of the Switch:

1. "Rising Power"
2. "This House Is on Fire"
3. "Flick of the Switch"
4. "Nervous Shakedown"
5. "Landslide"
6. "Guns for Hire"
7. "Deep in the Hole"
8. "Bedlam in Belgium"
9. "Badlands"
10. "Brain Shake"

#258 9 years ago

Ok, Im ready! This waiting is killin me.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Any non Ac/dc songs for list? I replaced with…
Thunder RoadBorn to RunSweet Home AlabamaSatisfactionWe Will Rock YouHit Me With Your Best ShotJust What I NeededDon't Look BackAll Summer Long
I know some other guys have my song file too….

We’re working on a built-in text editor feature that will allow you to put whatever text you want on top of any video/image. However, this will probably not be included in the initial release of the video editing software. In the interim I thought I’d create custom text overlays with various ACDC song titles, but the long term solution is to give customers a text editor so they can do whatever they want. I’ll make a ton of overlays, but can’t guarantee I’ll get every song title requested.

#260 9 years ago

Wow this is very impressive

#261 9 years ago

We’re working on a built-in text editor feature that will allow you to put whatever text you want on top of any video/image. However, this will probably not be included in the initial release of the video editing software. In the interim I thought I’d create custom text overlays with various ACDC song titles, but the long term solution is to give customers a text editor so they can do whatever they want. I’ll make a ton of overlays, but can’t guarantee I’ll get every song title requested.

How about one for this?

Rob

#262 9 years ago

Hey Mike,

I'm installing the mod and afraid I'm going to screw up step #30 (regarding loosening the lock tab). I have a very small standard screw driver. Should I be pulling "up" in the center? Or wiggling on the left/right sides? Since the text is in red and the mechanism looks delicate, could you offer a few more words of wisdom?

btw...great instruction manual...especially for a Beta!! Wow. Mod also looks great.

I'm going to take a break from installing and clean the right ramp...something I've never done since I never wanted to futz with the mechanical band

Thanks again for all the hard work on this.

#263 9 years ago

Snaroff, when installing mine, I had to grab each side of the tab with my fingernail and gently pull up. You will feel a little indentation where the two side of the tabs meet. My tab did not raise equally on each side when trying from the middle. After having both sides equally up, I slid the ribbon cable into the groove. Make sure the non writing side of the ribbon cable faces the back of the screen, I reversed it the first time even thought the instructions said otherwise.

#264 9 years ago

I just installed the beta of Mike's AC/DC mod. I have a quick write up on my blog page with a quick grainy video linked to the mod in action on You Tube. The mod is great with the testing that I have given it so far. The instructions were very detailed and made the installation process very easy. Definitely worth purchasing if you have an AC/DC Limited or Premium edition.

Here is the link to the blog page with the You Tube video

http://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2014/08/06/acdc-pinball-mike-d-mod/

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Mike,
I'm installing the mod and afraid I'm going to screw up step #30 (regarding loosening the lock tab). I have a very small standard screw driver. Should I be pulling "up" in the center? Or wiggling on the left/right sides? Since the text is in red and the mechanism looks delicate, could you offer a few more words of wisdom?
btw...great instruction manual...especially for a Beta!! Wow. Mod also looks great.
I'm going to take a break from installing and clean the right ramp...something I've never done since I never wanted to futz with the mechanical band
Thanks again for all the hard work on this.

Sorry for the confusion. The screw driver in the picture was just used to indicate the location of the ribbon cable locking tab. As Wiggy07 suggested, you want to use your fingernail to gently lift up on the grey locking tab. I placed my LCD assembly down on a towel (face down) and pull on both ends at the same time, unlocks easily. Hope this helps.

#266 9 years ago

Wiggy,

Thanks for posting the video. It looks great but just a few questions for Mike:
1 - Is it possible to not have the video start from the beginning each time you drain and are not selecting a new song? As I was watching the video, I see that it starts all over again when you drain (see the drain animation/message) and then start a new ball although it is the same song. This results in seeing the same parts of the video over and over, rather being able to see it continue from where it left off.
2 - I noticed on H2H, when you go into the lower playfield, the video switches to a static image and then when the lower playfield ends, the video for H2H starts all over again...any way to continue the video from where it was rather than from the beginning again?
3 - One of the drain animations showed You Chocked!...spelled wrong, should be Choked!

Looks awesome though.

#267 9 years ago
Quoted from eharan:

1 - Is it possible to not have the video start from the beginning each time you drain and are not selecting a new song? As I was watching the video, I see that it starts all over again when you drain (see the drain animation/message) and then start a new ball although it is the same song. This results in seeing the same parts of the video over and over, rather being able to see it continue from where it left off.
2 - I noticed on H2H, when you go into the lower playfield, the video switches to a static image and then when the lower playfield ends, the video for H2H starts all over again...any way to continue the video from where it was rather than from the beginning again?
3 - One of the drain animations showed You Chocked!...spelled wrong, should be Choked!

(3) I'm not the best speler

(1) The videos start over because the songs always start over. At this point it isn’t that important, but if we can successfully synchronize the music with the video then the MOD will need to function as is.

(2) I’ve discussed the “mini-playfield” video with Rusty, the exact condition you alluded to, and we are debating whether or not to remove it altogether from the final product. It’s cool and adds something different to the screen, but it interrupts the song mode video which goes with the actual game music. Maybe we can add an adjustment feature to the game’s service menu that will enable or disable the “mini-playfield” video.

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Hey Mike,
I'm installing the mod and afraid I'm going to screw up step #30 (regarding loosening the lock tab). I have a very small standard screw driver.

mike's correct, you don't need to use any excess force to unlock these type of connectors. your thumb or fingernail should easily pop it into an unlocked position.

just make sure that when you insert the cable, that you have it pushed in as far as it will go and that the cable is lined up perpendicular to the connector and not crooked. while pushing the ribbon cable into the socket, use a thumb or finger from your other hand to lock the clip back into place, securing the cable.

#269 9 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

mike's correct, you don't need to use any excess force to unlock these type of connectors. your thumb or fingernail should easily pop it into an unlocked position.
just make sure that when you insert the cable, that you have it pushed in as far as it will go and that the cable is lined up perpendicular to the connector and not crooked. while pushing the ribbon cable into the socket, use a thumb or finger from your other hand to lock the clip back into place, securing the cable.

Thanks for the info. One of my ribbon connectors was not 100% perpendicular. I've never dealt with this type of connector...a little awkward, especially when trying to reposition it in the circuit board behind the backboard.

It's working now After I have a little more airtime with it, I'll post some feedback/impressions.

#270 9 years ago

Mike, if someone makes a super cool video of let say "Highway to Hell" will they be able to share it with other users? Or must the videos come straight from YouTube or Vimeo? I can just see people with awesome video and graphic skills cranking out bad ass videos for this mod. (And I'm sure I'll want them lol)

#271 9 years ago
Quoted from KingNine:

Mike, if someone makes a super cool video of let say "Highway to Hell" will they be able to share it with other users? Or must the videos come straight from YouTube or Vimeo? I can just see people with awesome video and graphic skills cranking out bad ass videos for this mod. (And I'm sure I'll want them lol)

If they could it would probably have to be on the down low......

#272 9 years ago

Making Overlays on a Friday night......

Screen Shot 2014-08-08 at 10.57.47 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-08-08 at 10.57.47 PM.png
#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

If they could it would probably have to be on the down low......

I hear what you are saying. On the pinball browser there is a way to share your code edits he provided with that software.

#274 9 years ago

I know you are not going unfortunately to PinExpo this year but is there any chance somebody will display this beautifull mod there and buy it if he likes it?

#275 9 years ago

Update (8/11/14):

The first revision of the video editing software is now complete. To better explain how the MOD and its software works, I’ve decided to create some tutorial videos. I’m not sure how many videos this will ultimately require, but here are the first two:

I'll continue to add videos, discussing more of the software features. Enjoy.

#276 9 years ago

Update (8/11/14):
The first revision of the video editing software is now complete. To better explain how the MOD and its software works, I’ve decided to create some tutorial videos. I’m not sure how many videos this will ultimately require, but here are the first two:
» YouTube video
» YouTube video
I'll continue to add videos as I discuss more of the software feature. Enjoy.

Does this mod allow taking from parts of a Blu-ray disc that the user owns?

#277 9 years ago
Quoted from DCFAN:

Does this mod allow taking from parts of a Blu-ray disc that the user owns?

If you put the Blue-ray on YouTube

Chances are you'll find what you're looking for already on YouTube. However, we are also working on adding download capabilities for Vimeo, Vevo, and a ton of other comparable media sharing sites.

#278 9 years ago

If you put the Blue-ray on YouTube
Chances are you'll find what you're looking for already on YouTube. However, we are also working on adding download capabilities for Vimeo, Vevo, and a ton of other comparable media sharing sites.

I am looking forward to what you can do for SM.

#279 9 years ago

Awesome mod ready to buy once you configure the mod for V1.68 code.

#280 9 years ago

It just occurred to me that since you are including all of the software needed to add and edit your own videos you could potentially turn the entire translite into the video screen! (Replace the translite with a thin LCD monitor) Yes?

How long before this hits the market ? (need to save my pennies).

#281 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

It just occurred to me that since you are including all of the software needed to add and edit your own videos you could potentially turn the entire translite into the video screen! (Replace the translite with a thin LCD monitor) Yes?
How long before this hits the market ? (need to save my pennies).

Ok, who posted pics of my SM

#282 9 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I know you are not going unfortunately to PinExpo this year but is there any chance somebody will display this beautifull mod there and buy it if he likes it?

Possible, not sure just yet. I'd love to have this as well as the CFTBL MOD displayed.

#283 9 years ago

Ok, who posted pic of my SM

Where?

#284 9 years ago

I was just kidding, but you never know

#285 9 years ago

I was just kidding, but you never know

It appears there is probably about the same amount of room in the upper right corner in SM as there is in ACDC.

#286 9 years ago

Ok, who posted pics of my SM

So I'll take that as a yes.

#287 9 years ago

How about organizing short tutorials by topic and naming each per content? Trying to take confusion out of equation for the viewer.

#288 9 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

How about organizing short tutorials by topic and naming each per content? Trying to take confusion out of equation for the viewer.

Are the 2 tutorials confusing?

I added links for the tutorials to the first post of this thread. I also added some info to explain what each video covers.

#289 9 years ago

Update:

It won't be much longer Pro owners

#290 9 years ago

Are the 2 tutorials confusing?
I added links for the tutorials to the first post of this thread. I also added some info to explain what each video covers.

Two not a problem but when you mentioned doing some more videos, figured that you planned on doing a number of them, maybe even a dozen or so. Yes it would be helpful to name them something meaningful.

#291 9 years ago

Good news we now can support v1.68 for AC/DC

For the ACDC MOD to work you'll need to install the Pinball Browser communication patch on your pinball.
Here are step-by-step instructions to help you do it:

1. Download the latest version of Pinball Browser from here (if the link points to the wrong version, clear your browser cache and retry)
Version 4.01 or higher is required.

2. Download your AC/DC v1.65 or v1.68 firmware from Stern's website. Here is the link: Stern web site

3. Run Pinball Browser and open your stock firmware (see screen shot below):
comm1.pngcomm1.png

4. Click on "Load Patch" in the "Advanced tab" and select the comm110.hex file (see screen shot below).
comm2.pngcomm2.png

5. You should have the following confirmation message :
comm3.pngcomm3.png

6. Save your patched firmware on an USB stick and upgrade your pinball machine (see screen shot below).
comm4.pngcomm4.png

7. Optionally, if you have a USB/Serial cable, you can test that your patch is correctly installed. More information can be found here.

#292 9 years ago

Does this mean you need a PC to for the ACDC mod to work at all?

#293 9 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Does this mean you need a PC to for the ACDC mod to work at all?

You just need the PC to upgrade your pinball firmware.
Once the pinball is upgraded, the PC is not needed anymore.

#294 9 years ago

Quick Update:

We have to do some minor tweaking on the RPi to accommodate v1.68, should have that ready later this week. Big thanks to HighProtein for lets us use his machine to start testing the PRO version of the MOD.

#295 9 years ago

Great mod Mike! Easy install and really adds to the pin! I am looking forward to playing around and changing songs and videos. Thanks for a great product!!

#296 9 years ago

I installed this mod today and WOW! I'm blown away! Words can't explain how awesome this is! As for the people who want the vids in perfect sync with the music..... You can't tell. The video is extremely close and unless your face is 3 inches from the small screen, you can't tell. Thanks Mike! And Amazing Mod!

#297 9 years ago

Are these available now?

#298 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Are these available now?

Yes

We are contacting folks in the order we received inquires. However, we are still finalizing the RPi code for both v1.68 (premium/LEs models) and the Pro machines. So, the MODs currently shipping are only for v1.65 (hope to have the RPi code done in the next week or two). As we continue to update the code (pinball browser, RPi, or video editing software) oga83 or myself will post updates in this thread. If you are an existing customer and you see an update is available, just email me and I'll send you the latest software.

In addition, I'll be creating a separate thread here on PinSide where people can post links to their on custom videos (for both ACDC and the CFTBL). This way we all have a means of sharing our videos and images. I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys dream up

#299 9 years ago

Both versions 1.65 and 1.68 are up and running

#300 9 years ago

Video of AC/DC gameplay with the beta mod running on my machine. So far the mod has been great. So much better than the dancing band.

http://www.pinballsupernova.com/my%20mods.html

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 12.95
16,500 (Firm)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 29.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.