(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.
#51 10 years ago

Looks remarkable. Never thought I'd see a cooler mod than the Tron mini arcade. This has huge potential. Looking forward to more details.

#52 10 years ago
Quoted from Kcpinballfan:

That's cool, looking forward to what you come up with. I'm hoping you come up with some kind of bezel for the screen that ties in with the game and covers the screen edges(not sure if you're gonna make one or not).

I don't think the bezel is going to look like that. No stainless, powder coated black or red. Knowing the work that Mike does this should be one of the best mods ever!

#53 10 years ago

IronMan would be sweet!

#54 10 years ago

I like the dancing band.

#55 10 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

The videos will run independently from the songs as they aren't stored in the pinball machine. The videos will be stored on a USB like the CFTBL MOD. You can change videos or add more videos to folders on the USB - more details on this later.

This time I want it to be plug and play, so the plan is to provide everything (screen included). I don't know about the pricing yet, just trying to get it working 100%. I have a bad habit of scope creeping my own projects

SOOOOO I can put my Justin Bieber videos on it??????? YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds killer man!

#56 10 years ago

awesome idea can't wait to see it in action!!

#57 10 years ago

Deleted (old videos)

1 week later
#58 10 years ago

Things are progressing well, almost done designing the LCD screen housing. The metal hardware will all be laser cut and powder coated in a matte black finish.

stand.pngstand.png
#59 10 years ago

I can't wait for this! Please put in for the first batch. I sent you a pm awhile back.
Thank you

#60 10 years ago

I'm in for a AC/DC and Metallica

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

I can't wait for this! Please put in for the first batch. I sent you a pm awhile back.
Thank you

The PMD website is currently under construction. We are adding a fully functional PayPal eCommerce Store to handle this product as well as many more. Say goodbye to pre-order lists

#62 10 years ago

Sign me up on the list for one if you haven't yet.

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from myork82:

SOOOOO I can put my Justin Bieber videos on it??????? YES! YES! YES! YES!!!!!!!!!!
Sounds killer man!

Well you have me beat there w/ Bieber. I'll stick with my Tiffany and Debbie Gibson videos... or I'll just have to find a video of an 8-year old girl whippin' Bieber's ass, that would be sweet as well.

#64 10 years ago

I would like one when available please, you can contact me for more info whenever you want. Thanks

#65 10 years ago

PinballMikeD,

Can you include a long pigtail that can be run from cd player and exit the cabinet? This would allow players to plug that into a wall tv or maybe even to a stereo system? How cool would it be to have a gigantic screen on the wall playing the same stuff as the small one in the machine???? Or to listen to music being played if you wanted to through your stereo ???

#66 10 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

PinballMikeD,
Can you include a long pigtail that can be run from cd player and exit the cabinet? This would allow players to plug that into a wall tv or maybe even to a stereo system? How cool would it be to have a gigantic screen on the wall playing the same stuff as the small one in the machine???? Or to listen to music being played if you wanted to through your stereo ???

At this point videos are DVI, so no audio in the video clips.

#67 10 years ago

Oh my!

#68 10 years ago

Quick update:

Most of the programming has been completed, just working out a few minor details. We've also added a "Store" page to our site, so in the future all of our MODs can be purchase directly through the website. Here's the link:

http://s437400854.onlinehome.us/?page_id=226

#69 10 years ago

Mike custom domains are dirty cheap, and can be directed at any URL, I really suggest you hook up something more memorable than that address.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Mike custom domains are dirty cheap, and can be directed at any URL, I really suggest you hook up something more memorable than that address.

It's on my To Do List

#71 10 years ago

Do you think it could be possible to buy your mod but also have an option to plug it into a tv. Have both options with an adaptor. I already bought the TRC mod from The Pinball Refinery and really like it so if I could use you mod on a monitor on the wall next to my pin that would be awesome......and bigger.

Let me know

#72 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Do you think it could be possible to buy your mod but also have an option to plug it into a tv. Have both options with an adaptor. I already bought the TRC mod from The Pinball Refinery and really like it so if I could use you mod on a monitor on the wall next to my pin that would be awesome......and bigger.
Let me know

Anything is possible, but you'd probably want to make your own videos as the ones featured on our LCD screen will be sized specifically for it. This wouldn't be that hard to do with the video editing software, which will be included with the MOD.

#73 10 years ago

Anything is possible, but you'd probably want to make your own videos as the ones featured on our LCD screen will be sized specifically for it. This wouldn't be that hard to do with the video editing software, which will be included with the MOD.

One could easily set up a video back glass like the Adams Family one that never seemed to become available.

#74 10 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

One could easily set up a video back glass like the Adams Family one that never seemed to become available.

We will give you (the customer) the tools to make your own videos features for: (1) all 12 songs, (2) attract mode, (3) encore, (4) song selection mode, and (5) when the mini playfield is actively in use. We will include stock videos for every feature, but you have the ability to easily make your own videos using our custom video editing software.

Just like the creature MOD, we will give you the ability to add as many videos as you want for any of the features listed above. For example, if you want to have 20 different “Back in Black” videos you just put 20 uniquely named videos in the “Back in Black” folder located on the MOD’s USB drive. Then every time you start BIB mode you’ll see a different video until all 20 videos have been played.

The video editing software is designed to run on Windows7 64 bit machines. The software will allow you to: (1) down load source videos directly from YouTube, (2) crop/resize/rotate/etc. any source video footage, (3) utilize stock overlays or custom ones you create, (4) select start and stop times for source video clipping, and (5) splice two videos together to make one finished video. The software is very powerful, but extremely easy to use. If you’ve played around with our creature MOD then you’ve already seen it.

So, you can easily customize your LCD, making it display whatever you want. In theory you could play your machine for hours and never see the same video twice. If you want to hook our MOD up to a remote/external screen no problem – just run an HDMI cable from our system to your screen. Just don’t replace the DMD yet, we might have something colorful for you later down the road

#75 10 years ago

X

#76 10 years ago

Looks Great and have a modded Acdc dying for something like this

Stumbled over this video on YouTube

You are apparently not the first with this idea

#77 10 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Looks Great and have a modded Acdc dying for something like this
Stumbled over this video on YouTube » YouTube video
You are apparently not the first with this idea

Nothing comparable with this mod : the video does not change with the game

#78 10 years ago

beautiful idea, wants one of them, put me in list, thanks

#79 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Nothing comparable with this mod : the video does not change with the game

True, but that is a great video for Rock 'N' Roll Train. Even if it's not as long as the song. If it could be looped during that mode that would be awesome.

I really did like the the graphic around the LCD as well. Mike is there anyway to do red as well as black around the LCD?

#80 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

that is a great video for Runaway Train

I agree !

#81 10 years ago

Rock n roll train ?

#82 10 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

Rock n roll train ?

Unless you want Soul Asylum in your mod

#83 10 years ago

LOL...It's been a long day! Fixed.

#84 10 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

LOL...It's been a long day! Fixed.

Just to tease, everybody knew what you meant

#85 10 years ago

Someone add the mode MILFs in the Crowd Wizard mode so we can have some classic older lady footage in a mode!

#86 10 years ago

I am interested in this mod....if there is a list...I want on it

#87 10 years ago

Very creative mind .

1 week later
#88 10 years ago

Here's a look at the finished LCD screen mounting hardware:

1.png1.png
2-418.png2-418.png

We are currently working on the video programming, so more to come

#89 10 years ago

looks nice, clean and professional. can't wait to see to the final result.

#90 10 years ago

Very nice

#91 10 years ago

How come some of us are up at this hour?

#92 10 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

How come some of us are up at this hour?

Different timezone ?

#93 10 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Different timezone ?

Yep, that's it! I was the one up at 2:30 am!

#94 10 years ago

Here's a look at the finished LCD screen mounting hardware:

We are currently working on the video programming, so more to come

GB-SUATMM.jpgGB-SUATMM.jpg

#95 9 years ago

Deleted (old videos)

#96 9 years ago

Nice, coming along great Mike

#97 9 years ago

Keep up the good work guys. I can't wait for this mod, I think this is just as good if not better than having an LCD as a dmd.

#98 9 years ago

Couple more screen shots (we're still playing around with the picture resolution)

1.png1.png 2-396.png2-396.png 3.png3.png
#99 9 years ago

Wow coming up real nice. How much are we talking for a finale version ?

Just an approximation to see if my blood is blue enough for this mod

#100 9 years ago
Quoted from Shado1w:

Keep up the good work guys. I can't wait for this mod, I think this is just as good if not better than having an LCD as a dmd.

This I agree with. The big upside for lcd screens is not necessarily as a dmd replacement, but smaller, strategic placement in the playfield.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

16,500 (Firm)
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.