(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.
#651 5 years ago

Hi Mike,
Please do another rerun of this mod, I am very interested and have my money ready. Please let me know either way if you are or are not doing another rerun.
Cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

#652 5 years ago

Folks,

My PMD LCD Mod has been out of commission since I updated to 1.7. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC so I can't run PinballBrowser to patch the binary.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can run the patch for me with AC/DC serial # is 233854 (and allow me to download it so I can update my machine). If the download/update works, I'm happy to PayPal you $20 for your kindness...

Thanks,

snaroff

#653 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Folks,
My PMD LCD Mod has been out of commission since I updated to 1.7. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC so I can't run PinballBrowser to patch the binary.
I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can run the patch for me with AC/DC serial # is 233854 (and allow me to download it so I can update my machine). If the download/update works, I'm happy to PayPal you $20 for your kindness...
Thanks,
snaroff

I can do this for you after I get home from work tonight. I'll send you a download link afterwards.

#654 5 years ago

I can’t mine to update ether. I had a pisider do it with my S/N but can’t get it to work. My S/N is 234405 it is a LE let there be rock. I will PayPal some one also if I can get it to work.

#655 5 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I can’t mine to update ether. I had a pisider do it with my S/N but can’t get it to work. My S/N is 234405 it is a LE let there be rock. I will PayPal some one also if I can get it to work.

Interesting...same thing with me (this is my 2nd attempt). Is it possible the patch is specific to a version of Mike's cool mod? I was a very early adopter and whatever I have installed was likely in the first batch. I believe when Mike re-produced the mod, changes were made. PinballMikeD are all versions able to be updated? Please advise,

snaroff

#656 5 years ago

It has to do with Sterns code and not the LCD mod. Sterns code has to be cracked/modded to allow the serial port on the board to communicate with the LCD mod. That's how the mod knows what song/mode you are on and what vid to play. When the 170 code came out back in February a new "comm" patch had to be made by Oliver (creator of Pinball Browser). If your using an older version of PB Browser then get the upgrade with new patch.

Pinball Browsers 6.42
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1a11nWUX4hBM747RFZi5emocxKWkJjyJW

#657 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It has to do with Sterns code and not the LCD mod. Sterns code has to be cracked/modded to allow the serial port on the board to communicate with the LCD mod. That's how the mod knows what song/mode you are on and what vid to play. When the 170 code came out back in February a new "comm" patch had to be made by Oliver (creator of Pinball Browser). If your using an older version of PB Browser then get the upgrade with new patch.
Pinball Browsers 6.42
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1a11nWUX4hBM747RFZi5emocxKWkJjyJW

That was supposedly the PB version that was used. I appreciate your offer to package one up for me...since you are plugged into the details, I'm hopeful yours will work (I'd do it myself buy I have no access to a Windows PC).

If your image doesn't fly for me, I'm just going to revert to the older version. For me, this mod is more important than some of the subtle/obscure code changes that were made.

Thanks,

snaroff

#658 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...same thing with me (this is my 2nd attempt). Is it possible the patch is specific to a version of Mike's cool mod? I was a very early adopter and whatever I have installed was likely in the first batch. I believe when Mike re-produced the mod, changes were made. PinballMikeD are all versions able to be updated? Please advise,
snaroff

I have one of the first also, got mine working fine after a couple tries and help from Habo. Keep at it, you'll get it

#659 5 years ago

I have one of the first batch also. I was sent code yesterday and I will try it tonight.

#660 5 years ago

Just finished installing hAbO's image and the same result...doesn't work for me. The "Pinball Mike" splash screen comes up, then a login screen, then it goes black. Since so many people are having more luck with this process, I have to imagine there are some subtle differences between versions of the mod. Will be interesting if tatman9999 is successful...

Bummer, but I appreciate the help. Thanks hAbO!

snaroff

1 week later
#661 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just finished installing hAbO's image and the same result...doesn't work for me. The "Pinball Mike" splash screen comes up, then a login screen, then it goes black. Since so many people are having more luck with this process, I have to imagine there are some subtle differences between versions of the mod. Will be interesting if tatman9999 is successful...
snaroff

I loaded mine in tonight and it works. Thanks for all the help.

#662 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Try deleting the log files. I get the same black screen when for some reason one of the log files gets corrupted. I trouble shot that with MikeD and he sent my log files to the programmer but got no response. I just have to delete the log files every once in a while and I am good.

#663 5 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Try deleting the log files. I get the same black screen when for some reason one of the log files gets corrupted. I trouble shot that with MikeD and he sent my log files to the programmer but got no response. I just have to delete the log files every once in a while and I am good.

I removed all the log files in the "Debug" directory and still no luck. Sigh.

Thanks for the tip...bummed it didn't work!

snaroff

1 week later
#664 5 years ago

Mike if you do another run I would take one. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#665 5 years ago

I don’t want to hijack this thread but what would be needed in your opinion to a newer version of this mod to be top notch?

More videos, more interactivity or what’s the thing you’re wanting most?

I think there is a good way to solve it but that would need another product as well to buy.
And I need to test before releasing anything. Just tinkering a bit as an enthusiast.

#666 5 years ago
Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

I don’t want to hijack this thread but what would be needed in your opinion to a newer version of this mod to be top notch?
More videos, more interactivity or what’s the thing you’re wanting most?
I think there is a good way to solve it but that would need another product as well to buy.
And I need to test before releasing anything. Just tinkering a bit as an enthusiast.

You can add your own videos and pics to this mod. Be careful with copyright laws if you do sell something.

Edit: notice that this is post 666 from someone in Hell in an AC/DC thread! Noticed that after posting. Hmmm.

8 months later
#667 4 years ago
Quoted from smokinjoe73:

Mike if you do another run I would take one. Thanks.

Me too!

10 months later
#668 4 years ago

A friend has this Mod on a Premium. It boots up to the videos and works maybe 50% of the time.

Is deleting the log txt file from the USB a quick remedy?

Screen gets power but is black, generally. Sometimes, the Mike D screen comes up, but then goes back to black.

Powering off and powering back on helps sometimes.

Reseating the USB in the coin door helps sometimes.

#669 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

A friend has this Mod on a Premium. It boots up to the videos and works maybe 50% of the time.
Screen gets power but is black, generally. Sometimes, the Mike D screen comes up, but then goes back to black.

Mine works 75% of the time. Deleting the log files didn't help for me. Love this mod despite it's flakiness...

#670 4 years ago
Quoted from brobra:

I used to own that pin and it was 100% for me but I made all/most of the videos that are probably still on it. That was also 2+ years ago I think? I may have all that somewhere if making a new image/usb might help?

It’s been a while since I thought about how the mod works though.

#671 4 years ago

I had this mod on my Luci that I recently sold. Worked 100% of the time once I realized I needed to see it boot completely and start displaying its attract animations before I started a game.

#672 4 years ago

Does anybody have one that they want to sell?

#673 4 years ago

I would have issues from time to time and simply taking the USB stick to my computer and plugging it in would automatically correct errors. Try this then put back in your game. It may be a quick fix you need. However, the USB stick that came with (from memory) the mod has all the utilities to fix other things:

- Drive manager to reimage the entire Operating System on your SD card located on your Pi board
- SD Image
- Utility to resize and edit pictures
- Old version of Pinball Browser to edit songs, DMD texts

It also includes the Manual, Serial Number all videos and pictures used in the mod. For anyone that has the mod I would back this USB up somewhere on your PC or burn it to CD.

#674 4 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

I used to own that pin and it was 100% for me but I made all/most of the videos that are probably still on it. That was also 2+ years ago I think? I may have all that somewhere if making a new image/usb might help?
It’s been a while since I thought about how the mod works though.

Clearing out all of the log files always fixes it for me.

#675 4 years ago

Good info in guys. I really appreciate it. I'll have him look at the USB stick and perhaps follow the procedure outline by hAbO.

Waxx, I appreciate the offer. I'll see if the first remedy works, if not. Your offer may be a good option to consider.

Thank you

3 weeks later
#676 3 years ago

Have one for three yrs now I think and it has worked flawlessly except one time when it crashed. Than the solution was a new image on the SD card which came from the USB stick.

2 months later
#677 3 years ago

Anyone here like to share a link of patched 1.70 software for mike D mod please?

1 year later
#678 1 year ago

Mine has stopped working. The first screen when you turn it on comes up. But no video after boots. Some times I can shut game off and back on and it works. But most times it is not working. If it dose work I stays on the whole time the game is on until you shit it off.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

If it dose work I stays on the whole time the game is on until you shit it off.

Try shutting it off.

LTG : )

#680 1 year ago

Could it be the sd card? Where can I get the file to burn a new sd card?

#681 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Mine has stopped working. The first screen when you turn it on comes up. But no video after boots. Some times I can shut game off and back on and it works. But most times it is not working. If it dose work I stays on the whole time the game is on until you shit it off.

Remove the USB flash drive, back it up, delete the log files in the log directory, then put it back in and fire up the pin. Rock on!

#682 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Remove the USB flash drive, back it up, delete the log files in the log directory, then put it back in and fire up the pin. Rock on!

I do this in pinball browser ? Or just windows?

#683 1 year ago

If I recall it correctly the raspberry runs from firmware on a SD card and the videofiles shown are stored in an USB key

Same USB key also has a SD image backup. This you can use to flash a new SD card.

Or copy the files to a new USB key if you think the USB is the cause.

#684 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I do this in pinball browser ? Or just windows?

Just windows. Just the USB flash drive. I need to do this about every 100 games or so.

#685 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Just windows. Just the USB flash drive. I need to do this about every 100 games or so.

How do you do this? Thanks

#686 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

How do you do this? Thanks

There's a USB flash drive that is attached to the MikeD LCD. If whoever installed it followed the instructions, the USB cable and flash drive should be just tie wrapped to the inside of the coin door. With the power off, remove the flash drive, install it in a PC/Laptop, copy the entire flash drive contents to the PC (just in case). Then browse through the flash drive directories to find the log files, and delete all of the log files (but leave the log file directory there, just empty) . Reinstall the flash drive into the pinball machine, reboot the pinball machine and it should work fine for another 50-100 games (maybe more)

#687 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

There's a USB flash drive that is attached to the MikeD LCD. If whoever installed it followed the instructions, the USB cable and flash drive should be just tie wrapped to the inside of the coin door. With the power off, remove the flash drive, install it in a PC/Laptop, copy the entire flash drive contents to the PC (just in case). Then browse through the flash drive directories to find the log files, and delete all of the log files (but leave the log file directory there, just empty) . Reinstall the flash drive into the pinball machine, reboot the pinball machine and it should work fine for another 50-100 games (maybe more)

Strange. Have this mod already for years and years and never had to do this. Had a corrupt SD image once and very very sometimes it doesn’t boot. Just of on and works again. But that’s really rare.

Or am I learning now I play AC/DC not enough ….

#688 1 year ago

I sold my AC/DC awhile ago but eventually Mike D moved everything on to the sd card and it was much more reliable. Seems maybe the usb and sd didnt always work nice together.

#689 1 year ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Not saying this will work for you but I've had minor issues with the USB becoming semi corrupt and not booting up. When I plugged the USB into my PC it automatically recognized the issue and corrected it.

As KingBW stated copy and backup all the files from the USB stick to your PC. The USB is your all in one tool kit. MikeD put all the files and applications you need to completely reload your mod from scratch. The contents will have an OS image and disk image software to reload your Rasberi PI PC. It will also have an older version of Pinball Browser to reconfigure any newer Stern Code with your AC/DC game serial number. It even has a simple program that will resize images and do overlays onto them. All of the videos that play are on the USB stick. Put more videos in these folders if you want something different to play. I've modded my ACDC to play Big Guns, Shoot to Thrill and Who Made Who with the music videos to go with them.

#690 1 year ago

I have usb open and what log files?
Under debug folder?

F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpegF89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
#691 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I have usb open and what log files?
Under debug folder? [quoted image]

Yes, you can delete all of those files in the debug folder.

#692 1 year ago

I deleted all the logs and still not working. Looking at sd on the usb there is nothing there and right click it says corrupt. Any help past this.

000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpegAD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpegAD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
#693 1 year ago

Is this bin file supposed to by in extra folder?

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
#694 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Is this bin file supposed to by in extra folder?
[quoted image]

Yes, that's probably a backup for the SD card. I have only deleted the log files in the debug folder before to fix it. That was under direction of Mike D himself.

Did you update the software on the pinball machine recently? If so, there's something that you have to run in/through pinball browser. I never did that process before.

... but without Lyman, Stern will probably never fix the oi mania startup bug and abandon it. I was waiting for that fix. I guess I will have to figure out that pinball browser adjustment and just update to the latest Stern ACDC code. I am one version behind.

2 months later
#695 1 year ago

I never got this working . If anyone can burn me a usb and flash drive I will pay for your time , usb, flash drive , shipping. Thanks.

#696 1 year ago

Any chance of another run of these?

#697 1 year ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I never got this working . If anyone can burn me a usb and flash drive I will pay for your time , usb, flash drive , shipping. Thanks.

Same here for it to work with code 1.7

#698 1 year ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

Same here for it to work with code 1.7

I’m in the same group, never worked and I put some time trying to get it up and running. I’d also take care of some for there time and so on.

#699 1 year ago

Me too. Never attempted the update because I was waiting for the oi mania bug fix to just do it once. I forget what has to be done in pinball browser now.

#700 1 year ago

I would also be in if you made another run of the mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 12.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/14 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.