(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Give Oliver some time guys. Its only been a week/half since the code came out. He's stated this is not an easy fix but not leaving anyone hanging.

Almost done

I've got a working communication patch for AC/DC v1.70 but there are still some minor issues with this mod that I need to fix.

The AC/DC v1.68 boot issue with the last communication patch is also fixed (it would have also impacted v1.70).
It was a side effect of the ARM compiler upgrade I did last summer... I'm surprised it did not show up before.

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Almost done
I've got a working communication patch for AC/DC v1.70 but there are still some minor issues with this mod that I need to fix.
The AC/DC v1.68 boot issue with the last communication patch is also fixed (it would have also impacted v1.70).
It was a side effect of the ARM compiler upgrade I did last summer... I'm surprised it did not show up before.

We appreciate all the hard work you've put into this mod and for working on getting the com patch upgraded! Great to know that you are almost done as well. Thank you!

Is the v1.68 boot issue what would cause the mod to periodically not boot up correctly when you turn on the game? On my game it was maybe 10% of the time and a second power cycle would usually resolve it.

#603 6 years ago

I have boot problems about every 30-50 plays. One of the log files gets corrupt sometimes too, not sure if that is a part of the problem I have for booting. MikeD told me to delete the log files on the flash drive and that would fix it for me. I would just do that before every party and I was good to go. I did send Mike a couple of sets of my log files for "the team" to review. Never heard back, but it looks like those log files "should" be cleaned off every once in a while anyway or they will build up to be many files. Great mod though ... gets lots of comments at parties.

Thanks for the support!

#604 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

We appreciate all the hard work you've put into this mod and for working on getting the com patch upgraded! Great to know that you are almost done as well. Thank you!
Is the v1.68 boot issue what would cause the mod to periodically not boot up correctly when you turn on the game? On my game it was maybe 10% of the time and a second power cycle would usually resolve it.

No, the boot isue was the one reported by Kapsreiter : the game will never boot if you install the last communication patch (v1.32) with side-channel palettes enabled in Pinball Browser.

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Almost done

Sounds great . Thanks to the help of J_M the macro is now ready for my smartdmd, just waiting for updated comm patch and we can take off

#606 6 years ago

Pinball Browser v6.40 with communication patch v1.40 now works with AC/DC v1.70

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

Thank you Oliver!!! you rock!!! going to give this a try in a few hours when I get home from work.

#608 6 years ago

Make sure you backup first as I am sorry to report my ACDC is not booting

My macro contains more than just the commpatch, its also SMARTDMD. Will sent OGA my files for inspection. Can be that I am doing something wrong after all

Edit1: wait, it appears that my SDcard Smartdmd is corrupted and it thus causing nothing to show on display. Also ofcourse you cant start a game as it is on credit mode so thats why it didnt respond to Startbutton duh stupid me Let me investigate and get back soon

Edit2: can conform pin does boot. What a timing to have a failed SD card on my Smart dmd .... .

However, MikeD display doesnt function still with me . Switched ACDC off/on 4 times but no luck. Again, my macro contains a lot more than just the commpatch so love to get feedback from other poeple if they succeed in it yes/no

My macro starts with

-- Pinball-Browser Macro for AC/DC v1.70
CheckVersion,"AC/DC",0x170
--LoadHex,"comm140.hex"
-- The following lines is for for Side-Channel:
-- PaletteMode,1

-- The following 2 lines are for In-Frame:
-- PaletteMode,0
-- PaletteId,080a090

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Give Oliver some time guys. Its only been a week/half since the code came out. He's stated this is not an easy fix but not leaving anyone hanging.

I have no problem waiting. Just glad to see a progress update and I appreciate people working on this so we all don’t have “dead” mods. I waited 3 months to get my mod working correctly and consistently so I’m not about to update until this works 100%. If it takes awhile that’s fine, I appreciate the effort. I’m just glad I didn’t do new code and lose the mod functionality. Thanks to all involved with finding a way for this to work!

#610 6 years ago

Can someone post code for the LE when its done or does everyone need to install a patch? I'm out of some of this and would love if someone could post the code.

#611 6 years ago
Quoted from oga83:

I can confirm that my PMD LCD mod is now working on 1.70 using Pinball Browser v6.40 with the v1.40 com patch! Thanks Oliver!

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Can someone post code for the LE when its done or does everyone need to install a patch? I'm out of some of this and would love if someone could post the code.

You'll need to update the patch on your own using Pinball Browser since it requires your game's serial number to work. It's really simple to do. Plus it gives you a good reason to buy Pinball Browser and thank Oliver for his excellent support!

#613 6 years ago

Can someone like you do this for guys like me that have no clue what I'm doing? Can I send you a serial number, you send me what I need and it is done?
I feel something like this should be available if we bought these mods.

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I can confirm that my PMD LCD mod is now working on 1.70 using Pinball Browser v6.40 with the v1.40 com patch! Thanks Oliver!

I haven’t used it before is there something I should read or instructions? I’m going to try tomorrow night.

Thanks

#615 6 years ago

In this video I update my AC/DC premium pinball machine to code 1.70. This code needs to be updated with Pinball Browser because of the Mike D display monitor mod installed into the game
Blog Post :
https://pinballsupernova.wordpress.com/2018/03/01/code-update-updating-ac-dc-code-1-70-with-mike-d-mod-and-pinball-browser/
Video Instructions:

ddddd (resized).jpgddddd (resized).jpg

Added over 6 years ago: Video is best viewed with Internet Explorer. Viewed with any other browser seems to cause lag with the video.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Great. I will download a new file from stern and retry tonight. I also didn’t have to enter a serial number which is strange. Thought it was due to 640 but I see you mentioning serialno is still needed. So perhaps I patched a wrong version?? To be cntd.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

I also didn’t have to enter a serial number which is strange

The serial number is needed. If you didn't have to enter it, then the communication patch has not been installed.
Check that the line LoadHex,"comm140.hex" is not commented out in your macros.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

My macro starts with
-- Pinball-Browser Macro for AC/DC v1.70
CheckVersion,"AC/DC",0x170
--LoadHex,"comm140.hex"
-- The following lines is for for Side-Channel:
-- PaletteMode,1
-- The following 2 lines are for In-Frame:
-- PaletteMode,0
-- PaletteId,080a090

The line LoadHex,"comm140.hex" is commented out : the communication patch won't be installed.
The line PaletteMode is also commented out : the palette informations will be stored as defined in the 'Store colors' dropdown list (SmartDmd tab in Pinball Browser. The default value is "In-frame" palettes).
If you want to use side-channel palettes, a line PaletteComm,2 is probably missing.

#619 6 years ago

Songs to add please...
-big balls (of course)
-shoot to thrill
-dirty deeds

Would by this for my pro even though i already have a knockoff!

25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg

#620 6 years ago

Dear Olivier,

I want to thank you very much for all the work done until now. The pinball community wouldn't be the same without all your enthusiasm and time allowed in it.

Thanks again,

Arnaud

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from Mav78:

I want to thank you very much for all the work done until now

Merci !

#622 6 years ago

Happy to confirm that after changing the macro eveything works fine now !!

OGA, merci beaucoup

#623 6 years ago

Yeah, mine isn't booting after applying com patch and loading firmware.

loadhex comm140.hex is in macros.

Edit: 2nd times a charm, working now.

#624 6 years ago

Great job

Its working

Thank you

#625 6 years ago

Anyone have the links to both the patch and pinball browser?

#626 6 years ago

Just played one with it today (though the picture does not show it) at https://www.kidstarpark.com/acdc-luci
Who’s machine is it? Was in great shape IMO
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpegD7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg

3 months later
#627 5 years ago

Can anyone assist me in getting the new code to work with my mod, I am running the old code because I don't know how to update so the Mike D mod will work. I am not willing to give up the mod for the new code. I be happy to reimburse someone for their time. Thanks,

#628 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Can anyone assist me in getting the new code to work with my mod, I am running the old code because I don't know how to update so the Mike D mod will work. I am not willing to give up the mod for the new code. I be happy to reimburse someone for their time. Thanks,

#629 5 years ago

If you do another run of these, put me on the list

#630 5 years ago
Quoted from Dantesmark:

Songs to add please...
-big balls (of course)
-shoot to thrill
-dirty deeds
Would by this for my pro even though i already have a knockoff!

What is the knockoff you speak of?

#631 5 years ago

I have watched this 3 times and still am having trouble wrapping my head around it

#632 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I have watched this 3 times and still am having trouble wrapping my head around it

- do you have a licensed copy of pinball browser? if so, proceed to the next line. if not, purchase a license from olivier before going any further

- download the latest code from sternpinball.com for your ac/dc version (pro or premium/le/lucy)
note: it's under the support - game code tabs

- launch the pinball browser software
- load the .bin file that you downloaded from sternpinball.com
pb 1 (resized).jpgpb 1 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpgpb 2 (resized).jpg

- select the 'sam' button, and then click the 'load patch' button and navigate to the folder where launched the pinball browser software from, and select the comm140.hex file
pb 3 (resized).jpgpb 3 (resized).jpg

- enter the 6-digit serial no. from your game
pb 4 (resized).jpgpb 4 (resized).jpg

- save the newly patched .bin file (I recommend something like 'acdc17fix.bin'
pb 5 (resized).jpgpb 5 (resized).jpg

copy the file created in the step above to a fresh usb flash drive and then update the firmware in your pinball machine

#633 5 years ago
Quoted from J_Striker:

If you do another run of these, put me on the list

YES Please do another run- there must be big demand for these- how can you get one??

#634 5 years ago

Just patched the 1.70 bin with Pinball Browser and the MikeD DMD mod is back in action on the Luci! So nice to have live AC/DC video back during gameplay

Thanks for posting the fix guys, this forum rocks.

#635 5 years ago

Anyone else have the mod going into the "welcome to hell" video mode on the mod when they fire the cannon. Any fix for this?

#636 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Anyone else have the mod going into the "welcome to hell" video mode on the mod when they fire the cannon. Any fix for this?

Don’t have this so don’t think it’s a software glitch.

#637 5 years ago

Anyone want to update a USB stick for me? I will pay for your time, USB and shipping. Can’t get it to work . Watched the video and tried a few times. PM me if your interested. Thanks

#638 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

I need help as well.

#639 5 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

- do you have a licensed copy of pinball browser? if so, proceed to the next line. if not, purchase a license from olivier before going any further
- download the latest code from sternpinball.com for your ac/dc version (pro or premium/le/lucy)
note: it's under the support - game code tabs
- launch the pinball browser software
- load the .bin file that you downloaded from sternpinball.com

- select the 'sam' button, and then click the 'patch' button and navigate to the folder where launched the pinball browser software from, and select the comm140.hex file

- enter the 6-digit serial no. from your game

- save the newly patched .bin file (I recommend something like 'acdc17fix.bin'

copy the file created in the step above to a fresh usb flash drive and then update the firmware in your pinball machine

Excellent. I will have to give this a try

2 weeks later
#640 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Don’t have this so don’t think it’s a software glitch.

I still cant clear this up. When I install my 1.68 code the mod works as designed. When I go to 1.70 code the mod will play the "welcome to hell" lower playfield videos when I fire the cannon. Also, it doesn't recognize the juke box drop when I am in the lower playfield. I could really use some help solving this!

#641 5 years ago

I've experienced this also in 1.70.

#642 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I've experienced this also in 1.70.

Is it consistently doing this or just every once in awhile?

#643 5 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Is it consistently doing this or just every once in awhile?

I believe its every game.

#644 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

I believe its every game.

Great info, thanks. Mine is also. I havent loaded 1.70 back yet to see if its the cannon coil triggering it or the lock bar button. More info we gather, the more chance we have to correct this. Thanks for your input

#645 5 years ago

I might have found something different between firmwares 1.68 and 1.70 that could explain this behaviour.
I have modified the communication patch so that it emulates 1.68 on a 1.70 firmware. This way, the mod should work as before.
Please try comm142.hex with Pinball Browser 6.40 and let me know how it works.

[EDIT]Just ignore the "Cannot remap vector 0xFFFFFF05" message when you apply this patch. This is happening because comm142.hex is normally meant to be used with the next version of Pinball Browser. It has no impact on AC/DC.

[EDIT2]Please use Pinball Browser v6.42

2 weeks later
#646 5 years ago

Just a heads up with 1.70 Stern code and initial "comm142.hex" patch - There was a bug which was triggering the "Welcome to "Hell" videos whenever you fired the cannon. oga83 and MikeD has the bug fixed by using the newest version of PB he just released (v6.42 above). If you are seeing this bug then you'll have to repatch your code.

#647 5 years ago
Quoted from hAbO:

Just a heads up with 1.70 Stern code and initial "comm142.hex" patch - There was a bug which was triggering the "Welcome to "Hell" videos whenever you fired the cannon. oga83 and MikeD has the bug fixed by using the newest version of PB he just released (v6.42 above). If you are seeing this bug then you'll have to repatch your code.

Mine is working great now, thanks for everyone who was involved in the effort to get this fixed.

#648 5 years ago

Thanks for pointing it out @msj2222. I saw the vids playing but thought it was possibly a USB card problem.

#649 5 years ago

I’m glad you guys are enjoying the MODs

#650 5 years ago

Will you PLEASE rerun this mod Mike, grovel kiss ass, anything but the first born!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.