(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.
#501 7 years ago

Pm sent

#502 7 years ago

PM Sent

#503 7 years ago

This Mod Rocks!!! Probably the best mod I have every owned. Great job Mike. I'm so glad I got in before you decided to take a break. This even ranks above Mike's Monster Bash restore video. Awesome contribution to the pinball community!!!

#504 7 years ago

have one but its not installed yet
I've been busy lately.....

Really looking forward to getting this up and running

#505 7 years ago

How and where can I get this mod ?

#507 7 years ago

PM sent!

#508 7 years ago
Quoted from Spg101:

How and where can I get this mod ?

Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I'm going to do one last small batch run of these and then, like Disney, this MOD is going in "the vault."
Again, this MOD is ONLY FOR PREMIUM/LE machines. IT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK ON A PRO. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

#509 7 years ago

This is by far the best mod every created in the history of mods. Mike truly thought this one out top to bottom. Very talented dude.

#510 7 years ago

Thanks for all the kind words.

At this point all of the MODs are spoken for. If you didn't receive an email/PM from me, please drop me a line and I'll add you to the "backup" list.

Mike

#511 7 years ago

I fully agree, Mike knows his shit
Already had the creature mod
Now Acdc
Saving up for the next ......

#512 7 years ago

Mike, how many in this batch?

3 weeks later
#513 6 years ago

Need some help guys

On the power supply in the cabinet I have a splitter for Lightning bolt flashers and back box light
But when I split it again for the LCD mod the mod won't work but rest will

How to fix this issue ?

Thanks for any tops

2 weeks later
#514 6 years ago

Quick update:

I should have the back ordered parts needed to complete the current batch of MODs by 5/19. If you've already received an email conformation from me - you're in I'll be contacting you next week to confirm if you're still interested. If you're no longer interested, just let me know - no worries.

This is the last batch for 2017, maybe longer. I need to get back on some long overdue restoration projects. ACDC has been fun, but it's time for a change of pace.

Mike

#515 6 years ago

If someone wants out please let me know!

2 weeks later
#516 6 years ago

Is the screen display supposed to work synchronized with the game

#517 6 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Is the screen display supposed to work synchronized with the game

No. But you can edit or change the video to your own liking, so you could attempt it by cutting the first few seconds off of the beginning. But then it would get out of sync anyway ... live vs. pre-recorded. Also if you don't launch the ball right away the pin kind of goes into a music loop of some sort and does not go through the entire song while it is waiting.

#518 6 years ago

Thanks KingBW
That make sense

Love the mod

2 weeks later
#519 6 years ago

Enjoying a beer and finishing up the last batch of ACDC Mods

IMG_2495 (resized).JPGIMG_2495 (resized).JPG

#520 6 years ago

Can't wait to put mine in!

1 week later
#521 6 years ago

ACDC is currently sold out and out of production. However, I am planning on doing another run around Christmas or early 2018. If you are interested purchasing a MOD please drop me a line - this will determine the batch size for the next run. Until then, thanks for the support

3 weeks later
#522 6 years ago

I recently bought an ACDC that had Mike's mod installed. Unfortunately the mod's power cable was damaged by one of the previous owners.-When they installed the mod they didn't leave enough slack in the cable and when they folded down the head it stressed the cable and damaged it. I contacted Mike and he built me a new cable and also got me the new firmware and software to run the mod on version 1.68. (my game only had 1.65 code when I bought it). I got everything working last night and wow, what a cool mod! I've followed Mike's restoration threads in the past and his attention to detail is readily apparent. This mod is no exception and I think this even outdoes his work on the CFTBL mod. The videos he chose also really fit the game well and there is enough variation to keep things interesting. My favorite vid is the animated attract mode video with the train. I find myself just watching the display both in my games and in attract mode. It feels like something that should have been there from the factory instead of that lame dancing band idea.

It sounds like he may be making another run of these so if you are on the fence I would contact him and let him know as you won't be disappointed! The mod itself is great and the support is even better!

2 months later
#523 6 years ago

PM sent to be in the next Batch if possible

#524 6 years ago

I have (1) brand new, unopened ac/dc mod w/ the swinks 3D printed add-ons (gears and angus hats for the LED frame) that I can bring to the chicago expo next week if someone wants to purchase it from me (the person that I originally purchased it for a year ago decided that they did not want it)

according to mike, this mod is for a US based machine due to the ac power adapter enclosed in the box

edit: SOLD

3 months later
#525 6 years ago

still in, whenever you decide to do this again.

1 week later
#526 6 years ago

Hey PinballMikeD how long will it take you to update to the new 1.7 code? If you can't tell, i'm excited about trying it out.

Thanks

#527 6 years ago

Maybe with enough interest there could be another batch made

#528 6 years ago
Quoted from Waxx:

Hey pinballmiked how long will it take you to update to the new 1.7 code? If you can't tell, i'm excited about trying it out.
Thanks

I've been in contact with Mike. He's already looking into it.

#529 6 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I've been in contact with Mike. He's already looking into it.

Great news! I updated to the new code but it's a bummer not having the LCD mod work... I still have a copy of my old software to revert back but hopefully the mod will be compatible with 1.70 soon and I won't have to.

#530 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Great news! I updated to the new code but it's a bummer not having the LCD mod work... I still have a copy of my old software to revert back but hopefully the mod will be compatible with 1.70 soon and I won't have to.

I haven't updated yet for that reason but I gotten know is the code sweet? I never knew I was getting bugged on super jackpots until now. Ha

#531 6 years ago

i already mailed mike my serial number and details

hope he will still support what he has sold

thx mike for this great mod

tom

#532 6 years ago

Reached out to Oga83 to discuss the communication patch, I'm sure we'll get a work around.

#533 6 years ago

Reached out to Oga83 to discuss the communication patch, I'm sure we'll get a work around.

Great minds think alike as I did exactly the same thing

#534 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

When you updated, did you run the macro again over the new 170 firmware? The original firmware will not work for sure. At least the macro should be rerun.

#535 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

When you updated, did you run the macro again over the new 170 firmware? The original firmware will not work for sure. At least the macro should be rerun.

Pinball browser (ver 6.20) wouldn't recognize the new code so I wasn't able to apply the macro.

#536 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Pinball browser (ver 6.20) wouldn't recognize the new code so I wasn't able to apply the macro.

Aha. Saves me the trouble of trying, thanks for the intel. Typically speaking Oga has a quick fix. Will wait for it, after 3 yrs another few days will not kill me

#537 6 years ago

Having the MikeD update for the new ACDC code is a must. Otherwise, having this mod is a negative now. Hopefully they can help us out. I love this mod! I hope that we hear from them soon on this ... at least something saying that it's in the works and will be done. I can wait if that is the case.

#538 6 years ago

i emailed with OGA

he told me we have just to patch the new firmware with the "serial patch activation"

could not try it i am not at home

he told me thats all what needed to get the video mode working

got no more infos

#539 6 years ago

Between Oliver and Mike, they will make short work of this.

#540 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i emailed with OGA
he told me we have just to patch the new firmware with the "serial patch activation"
could not try it i am not at home
he told me thats all what needed to get the video mode working
got no more infos

I am wondering about this. I couldn’t even open the new firmware with rel 620. PB became none-responsive. Rel 443 and 500 gave unknown firmware message. If you even can’t open the firmware you can’t run the com patch. I also have a smartdmd so for me twice as important to run the macro. Oga will fix it as usual, just give him some time. Valentine’s Day after all. But perhaps his AC/DC is his love

#541 6 years ago

yes you are right

its not possible to open the fw with browser 6.20

we have to wait

#542 6 years ago

Just updated to 1.7...didn't realize it would "break" miked's awesome mod. I received one of the really early versions and have never fiddled with it. I also don't own a "pc"...mac only family.

I pm'd Mike...hopefully refreshing the mod to work with 1.7 isn't a big deal.

snaroff

#543 6 years ago

looks not good for us

i hope he could do a update, asked him and got this answer

Olivier

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

looks not good for us
Olivier

I doubt Stern did anything super big that Oliver/Mike couldn't figure out.

#545 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

looks not good for us
Olivier

Wow. This would be bad news indeed. Didn’t get any response from Olivier. Did get a response from Mike however that he didn’t have an AC/DC anymore and if I would be willing to test if a fix comes available. Of course I said yes.

Guess we can only sit it out and wait. Having a smartdmd and mikeD mod updating is a no Go for me without PB working.

#546 6 years ago

yes we could only wait

for me, the video mode is better then the stern update

#547 6 years ago

Awesome Mike
Looking forward to it!!

#548 6 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

looks not good for us
Olivier

My answer has been taken out of context.
The question was :

any timeline for a update of pinballbrowser, to open ACDC code ?

#549 6 years ago

realy!?!?

when its not possible to open the file, how would you patch it?

but you are the expert, we believe in you

thx

#550 6 years ago

I just wanted to point out that my answer was just "No, I don't have a timeline" and NOT "No, I can't do an update".
I'm currently working on this but I don't have the solution yet.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

16,500 (Firm)
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Rapid City, SD
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 12.95
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Machine - For Sale
Sadsburyville, PA
$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%e2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/11?hl=spg101 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.