(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.
#301 9 years ago

Id take one for Spidy for sure, best new mod for SM in a long time!!!

#302 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Video of AC/DC gameplay with the beta mod running on my machine. So far the mod has been great. So much better than the dancing band.
http://www.pinballsupernova.com/my%20mods.html

How on Earth could that post receive a thumbs down??? What is there to disagree with?

#303 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Video of AC/DC gameplay with the beta mod running on my machine. So far the mod has been great. So much better than the dancing band.

Nice video. Will there be something in the future in the code to maybe sync up the videos? Are there time stamps in the code?

#304 9 years ago
Quoted from smassa:

Nice video. Will there be something in the future in the code to maybe sync up the videos? Are there time stamps in the code?

Unfortunately this isn't an easy task. It isn't impossible, but it would require a good mount of work as we'd have to seriously alter both the game and RPi code. We've talked about it, but it isn't #1 on our "to do list." I want to get the Pro version working and continue improving the video editing software first.

1 week later
#305 9 years ago

Quick update:

We are working on some additional ACDC toys to help dress up the LCD system:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-acdc-lcd-mod-concert-stage-add-on-toys

#306 9 years ago

here is the final dressing for the lcd mod

AC:DC Gears Stage.jpgAC:DC Gears Stage.jpgAC:DC Black Ice Stage.jpgAC:DC Black Ice Stage.jpg

#307 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

here is the final dressing for the lcd mod

AC:DC Black Ice Stage.jpg 70 KB
AC:DC Gears Stage.jpg 68 KB

Top notch - Awesome work Swinks

FYI – I’ll post install pictures once we have test fitted everything and confirmed functionality. Then we’ll be able to work up pricing for customers that want to add the “window dressing” as an option. For those that decide to upgrade I’ll install everything prior to shipping.

#308 9 years ago

FYI - just received some long overdue parts, so production is underway

#309 9 years ago

I tried applying the patch to the Pro 1.68 bin file and get this when I load the bin file in the pinball browser.

Issue.gifIssue.gif

I never get the "Patch has been applied!" window.

I'm using Pinball Browser v4.03 and a fresh download of game code v1.68

#310 9 years ago
Quoted from MadPole:

I tried applying the patch to the Pro 1.68 bin file and get this when I load the bin file in the pinball browser.

I never get the "Patch has been applied!" window.
I'm using Pinball Browser v4.03 and a fresh download of game code v1.68

We'll take a look.

#311 9 years ago

Got my mod all set up. Took me about one hour. Best mod ever. Here are a couple of pics. We'll worth the money really adds to such a great pin.image-548.jpgimage-548.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-345.jpgimage-94.jpgimage-94.jpgimage-297.jpgimage-297.jpgimage-846.jpgimage-846.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#312 9 years ago

Nice line up. I'm jealous.

#313 9 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Nice line up. I'm jealous.

Thanks

1 week later
#314 9 years ago

This mod is awesome! Been having fun with it for weeks now. The only downside is all the time I am spending on YOUTUBE searching videos to install and how bad my play has gotten because I am watching the video screen. Thanks Mike

#315 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

This mod is awesome! Been having fun with it for weeks now. The only downside is all the time I am spending on YOUTUBE searching videos to install and how bad my play has gotten because I am watching the video screen. Thanks Mike

You're welcome

Make sure to post some of the customer videos you've created.

#316 9 years ago

So just to be clear, does this thing come plug and play with basic videos installed? Or is the user download and install of videos mandatory?

#317 9 years ago

it is fully loaded with all the film clips, and graphics for insults (play better, turn off your machine now, etc - thanks for that). But can be modified individually. I've been playing what's there for a month now, and yet to change anything, but that'll be my project for a wet weekend.

#318 9 years ago

Mike could it be possible to change the program so the videos cycle through randomly? I find as I add more videos the last ones added are not often seen. Not necessarily randomizing every video but just where in the cue it begins. Thanks

#319 9 years ago

I know I'm on the list, but when should I expect to drop some coin on this?

#320 9 years ago

Hi mike. Can we get video 3 of the tuition series? I want to sub out some songs and their film clips, and would like to see that on a video like you did in one and two. Need the bagpipes playing on the back of the truck in Swanston Street, Melbourne. Legendary stuff.

#321 9 years ago
Quoted from msj2222:

Mike could it be possible to change the program so the videos cycle through randomly? I find as I add more videos the last ones added are not often seen. Not necessarily randomizing every video but just where in the cue it begins. Thanks

Rusty is currently working on some software improvements. We could add a text file that would let you specify whether you want to see the videos randomly of in alphabetical order (for example, 1 = random and anything other than 1 would = alphabetical). However, this would require you to re-image your SD card.

Quoted from nephasth:

I know I'm on the list, but when should I expect to drop some coin on this?

Life is getting in the way of pinball at the moment.

Don’t worry though; I’ll make sure everyone currently on the list gets a MOD. However, this may take a few months as I’m dealing with an ill family member. If you haven’t emailed me directly at [email protected] please do so (this is how I manage the customer “list”). After this batch run we’ll be taking a break to focus on some other projects.

Quoted from dendoc:

Hi mike. Can we get video 3 of the tuition series? I want to sub out some songs and their film clips, and would like to see that on a video like you did in one and two. Need the bagpipes playing on the back of the truck in Swanston Street, Melbourne. Legendary stuff.
» YouTube video

You’d have to use pinball browser to substitute the actual song files. This in covered in the pinball browser thread here on PinSide. Changing videos out should be covered in the second tutorial video in this thread.

#322 9 years ago

Thanks. I'll do it today and see how it goes.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from dendoc:

» YouTube video

Man watching that video gave me chills. I love Bon Scott. Thanks so much for posting.

#324 9 years ago

Rusty is currently working on some software improvements. We could add a text file that would let you specify whether you want to see the videos randomly of in alphabetical order (for example, 1 = random and anything other than 1 would = alphabetical). However, this would require you to re-image your SD card.

Perfect, just let me know when its ready and how I can re-image. Thanks Again

#325 9 years ago

This is a great mod. I installed an early version in my ACDC Premium. Works great and its pretty cool being able to change the videos to what you want.

#326 9 years ago

Here are some pics of the Concert Stage Add-on Toys:

2.png2.png
3.png3.png
4.png4.png
5.png5.png
6.png6.png

I still need to test fit everything in my machine to verify tolerances, but I'm pretty sure we won't have any issues

#327 9 years ago

Wow! That add on looks awesome. Very well done.

#328 9 years ago

Money sent. Can't wait. Might need some tech support Mike. Gonna be a sweet mod.

#329 9 years ago

Here are some finished pics of the concert add-on toys installed:

7.png7.png
8.png8.png
9.png9.png

#330 9 years ago

We're back in production, so if you're interested please drop me a line at [email protected]. After this run we'll be shifting over to a new product - and maybe I'll finish my fathom restoration

10.png10.png
11.png11.png

Beach towel not include.

#331 9 years ago

Only a few more units left.

#332 9 years ago

Email sent.

#333 9 years ago

.... ordered and already paid.

#334 9 years ago

I just send you an email to order one.

#335 9 years ago

Only a few more left. If you haven't emailed me at [email protected] please do. This is the last run we'll be doing on this product until mid 2015.

#336 9 years ago

Ordered and paid.

#337 9 years ago

I have 5 more units left.

1 week later
#338 9 years ago

A couple guys backed out, so I have a few more units available for those interested.

This will be the last run of ACDC LCD MODs that we’ll be doing, at least for the foreseeable future. We’re gearing up for some bigger projects in 2015 and 2016, so this is probably it for ACDC.

#339 9 years ago

Mike sent a email your way.

B.

#340 9 years ago

Is there a support group for this mod? It would be nice to have a community to help each other out with the customization aspect of this mod. I know I have had a devil of a time finding YouTube videos for the songs that I wanted that the uploading software would recognize. A place where we could share links and ideas would be helpful.

#341 9 years ago

Mike tried starting a link on Pinside , not many people added to the post. Mike and I were the only ones.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballmiked-lcd-mods-video-sharing-thread

#342 9 years ago
Quoted from alveolus:

Is there a support group for this mod? It would be nice to have a community to help each other out with the customization aspect of this mod. I know I have had a devil of a time finding YouTube videos for the songs that I wanted that the uploading software would recognize. A place where we could share links and ideas would be helpful.

Here's where this was started:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinballmiked-lcd-mods-video-sharing-thread

FYI – We are working on an update for the following items:

1) Adding download capability for vimeo, vivo, apple trailers, and more to the video editing software.
2) Adding a kill feature for the mini-playfield mode. This is accomplished via an editable text file located on the USB, where any string values (meaning any text or numeric entry) present will enable the mini playfield mode feature. A blank text file will disable the mini playfield video, so going to Hell will no longer stop the active song mode video.
3) Adding a randomizer feature for all video modes. Again, this is accomplished via a text file located on the USB. When enabled this feature will play mode videos in a random order, so you no longer see the videos displayed in alphabetical order. This will randomize every video feature.
4) Adding a timed text overlay feature. Currently, when adding text to your videos you can’t specify a time interval. With this software feature you’ll be able to specify a start and stop time for any overlay, so no more video combining for song title intros.

#343 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Mike tried starting a link on Pinside , not many people added to the post. Mike and I were the only ones.

You beat me to it

#344 9 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Thanks! That is exactly what I was looking for, minus the sparse participation I bumped it and added a couple videos.

#345 9 years ago

Here's where this was started:
FYI – We are working on an update for the following items:
1) Adding download capability for vimeo, vivo, apple trailers, and more to the video editing software.
2) Adding a kill feature for the mini-playfield mode. This is accomplished via an editable text file located on the USB, where any string values (meaning any text or numeric entry) present will enable the mini playfield mode feature. A blank text file will disable the mini playfield video, so going to Hell will no longer stop the active song mode video.
3) Adding a randomizer feature for all video modes. Again, this is accomplished via a text file located on the USB. When enabled this feature will play mode videos in a random order, so you no longer see the videos displayed in alphabetical order. This will randomize every video feature.
4) Adding a timed text overlay feature. Currently, when adding text to your videos you can’t specify a time interval. With this software feature you’ll be able to specify a start and stop time for any overlay, so no more video combining for song title intros.

Excellent! Those features will be much appreciated!

#346 9 years ago

Mike Sent you an email about buying one of the few you have left. Let me know. Thanks Dave

#347 9 years ago

do any of you guys have or know if the Laseriffic AC/DC topper plugs in where this mod plugs in... in the backbox....?

Thnx, B.

#348 9 years ago

Just got mine this week. Working through a board issue (not related to the mod at all). My game won't boot to the update portion when dipswitch 8 is turned on. DMD is just blank. Mike called me early this morning and walked me through the mod, and we pinpointed that issue to the Stern board. Probably the Eprom chip; the mod is really nicely built, and installation was really a breeze up to the point that I got to. Nice job, Mike!

#349 9 years ago
Quoted from smoke:

do any of you guys have or know if the Laseriffic AC/DC topper plugs in where this mod plugs in... in the backbox....?
Thnx, B.

I have both, they don't interfere with each other.

#350 9 years ago

Hopefully that post will get a bit more love. The AC/DC mod is great. Mike does a great job will all of his mods. I also have the Creature mod and it adds a lot of coolness to the center of the playfield. I think the hardest part of the AC/DC mod was re-installing the jukebox plastic and putting the ribbon cable into the mod.

Here is a video post of the AC/DC mod on my machine:

Link to my webpage with the mod

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

10,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Trade
Machine - For Trade
West Chester, PA
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 29.95
12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 12.95
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 29.95
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%E2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.