PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 666 posts
  • 176 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 84 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 118 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
IMG_1152 (resized).JPG
Gears3_(resized).png
Gears2_(resized).png
Gears1_(resized).png
Banner3_(resized).png
Banner2_(resized).png
Banner1_(resized).png

There are 666 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.
#651 8 months ago

Hi Mike,
Please do another rerun of this mod, I am very interested and have my money ready. Please let me know either way if you are or are not doing another rerun.
Cheers
Trevor
Brisbane
Australia

#652 7 months ago

Folks,

My PMD LCD Mod has been out of commission since I updated to 1.7. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC so I can't run PinballBrowser to patch the binary.

I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can run the patch for me with AC/DC serial # is 233854 (and allow me to download it so I can update my machine). If the download/update works, I'm happy to PayPal you $20 for your kindness...

Thanks,

snaroff

#653 7 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Folks,
My PMD LCD Mod has been out of commission since I updated to 1.7. Unfortunately, I don't have a Windows PC so I can't run PinballBrowser to patch the binary.
I'd greatly appreciate it if someone can run the patch for me with AC/DC serial # is 233854 (and allow me to download it so I can update my machine). If the download/update works, I'm happy to PayPal you $20 for your kindness...
Thanks,
snaroff

I can do this for you after I get home from work tonight. I'll send you a download link afterwards.

#654 7 months ago

I can’t mine to update ether. I had a pisider do it with my S/N but can’t get it to work. My S/N is 234405 it is a LE let there be rock. I will PayPal some one also if I can get it to work.

#655 7 months ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I can’t mine to update ether. I had a pisider do it with my S/N but can’t get it to work. My S/N is 234405 it is a LE let there be rock. I will PayPal some one also if I can get it to work.

Interesting...same thing with me (this is my 2nd attempt). Is it possible the patch is specific to a version of Mike's cool mod? I was a very early adopter and whatever I have installed was likely in the first batch. I believe when Mike re-produced the mod, changes were made. PinballMikeD are all versions able to be updated? Please advise,

snaroff

#656 7 months ago

It has to do with Sterns code and not the LCD mod. Sterns code has to be cracked/modded to allow the serial port on the board to communicate with the LCD mod. That's how the mod knows what song/mode you are on and what vid to play. When the 170 code came out back in February a new "comm" patch had to be made by Oliver (creator of Pinball Browser). If your using an older version of PB Browser then get the upgrade with new patch.

Pinball Browsers 6.42
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1a11nWUX4hBM747RFZi5emocxKWkJjyJW

#657 7 months ago
Quoted from hAbO:

It has to do with Sterns code and not the LCD mod. Sterns code has to be cracked/modded to allow the serial port on the board to communicate with the LCD mod. That's how the mod knows what song/mode you are on and what vid to play. When the 170 code came out back in February a new "comm" patch had to be made by Oliver (creator of Pinball Browser). If your using an older version of PB Browser then get the upgrade with new patch.
Pinball Browsers 6.42
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=1a11nWUX4hBM747RFZi5emocxKWkJjyJW

That was supposedly the PB version that was used. I appreciate your offer to package one up for me...since you are plugged into the details, I'm hopeful yours will work (I'd do it myself buy I have no access to a Windows PC).

If your image doesn't fly for me, I'm just going to revert to the older version. For me, this mod is more important than some of the subtle/obscure code changes that were made.

Thanks,

snaroff

#658 7 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Interesting...same thing with me (this is my 2nd attempt). Is it possible the patch is specific to a version of Mike's cool mod? I was a very early adopter and whatever I have installed was likely in the first batch. I believe when Mike re-produced the mod, changes were made. PinballMikeD are all versions able to be updated? Please advise,
snaroff

I have one of the first also, got mine working fine after a couple tries and help from Habo. Keep at it, you'll get it

#659 7 months ago

I have one of the first batch also. I was sent code yesterday and I will try it tonight.

#660 7 months ago

Just finished installing hAbO's image and the same result...doesn't work for me. The "Pinball Mike" splash screen comes up, then a login screen, then it goes black. Since so many people are having more luck with this process, I have to imagine there are some subtle differences between versions of the mod. Will be interesting if tatman9999 is successful...

Bummer, but I appreciate the help. Thanks hAbO!

snaroff

1 week later
#661 7 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Just finished installing hAbO's image and the same result...doesn't work for me. The "Pinball Mike" splash screen comes up, then a login screen, then it goes black. Since so many people are having more luck with this process, I have to imagine there are some subtle differences between versions of the mod. Will be interesting if tatman9999 is successful...
snaroff

I loaded mine in tonight and it works. Thanks for all the help.

#662 7 months ago
Quoted from snaroff:

snaroff

Try deleting the log files. I get the same black screen when for some reason one of the log files gets corrupted. I trouble shot that with MikeD and he sent my log files to the programmer but got no response. I just have to delete the log files every once in a while and I am good.

#663 7 months ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Try deleting the log files. I get the same black screen when for some reason one of the log files gets corrupted. I trouble shot that with MikeD and he sent my log files to the programmer but got no response. I just have to delete the log files every once in a while and I am good.

I removed all the log files in the "Debug" directory and still no luck. Sigh.

Thanks for the tip...bummed it didn't work!

snaroff

1 week later
#664 7 months ago

Mike if you do another run I would take one. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#665 6 months ago

I don’t want to hijack this thread but what would be needed in your opinion to a newer version of this mod to be top notch?

More videos, more interactivity or what’s the thing you’re wanting most?

I think there is a good way to solve it but that would need another product as well to buy.
And I need to test before releasing anything. Just tinkering a bit as an enthusiast.

#666 6 months ago
Quoted from Sicko_Fual:

I don’t want to hijack this thread but what would be needed in your opinion to a newer version of this mod to be top notch?
More videos, more interactivity or what’s the thing you’re wanting most?
I think there is a good way to solve it but that would need another product as well to buy.
And I need to test before releasing anything. Just tinkering a bit as an enthusiast.

You can add your own videos and pics to this mod. Be careful with copyright laws if you do sell something.

Edit: notice that this is post 666 from someone in Hell in an AC/DC thread! Noticed that after posting. Hmmm.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
...redshiftLED
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Athens, TX
$ 11.95
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
6,300 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Yoder, IN
$ 90.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Machine - For Sale
Lehigh Valley, PA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 7,199.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
5,800 (Firm)
Sale Pending!
Portland, OR
$ 35.00
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 10.95
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 666 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 14.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside