(Topic ID: 83741)

PMD – AC/DC Interactive LCD MOD (Currently Out of Stock)

By PinballMikeD

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 704 posts
  • 184 Pinsiders participating
  • Topic is favorited by 83 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

8262F687-951A-4C9B-AE3E-5B2A2203849B (resized).jpeg
AD0B8C8C-204B-4E4E-A088-CB408B937B4D (resized).jpeg
93410C46-80BD-48EA-8F70-89DE9C9838F6 (resized).jpeg
67D2E688-1D08-4D91-AE7D-64BFDD6A34BE (resized).jpeg
000D78DA-18DF-4922-89AC-B6221764C701 (resized).jpeg
9E945979-829D-46C8-9841-8FA04572BD40 (resized).jpeg
F89DAE4E-96D2-4A8E-B4EB-AD016D1767F4 (resized).jpeg
pb 5 (resized).jpg
pb 4 (resized).jpg
pb 3 (resized).jpg
pb 2 (resized).jpg
pb 1 (resized).jpg
D7BDAACF-BD44-4F17-BEE8-8ED7F93D8F73 (resized).jpeg
25318132-1B65-4DC2-AA3E-5053C7C7957F (resized).jpeg
ddddd (resized).jpg
IMG_2495 (resized).JPG
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.
#451 7 years ago

Swinks has deactivated his account. I have an older version mod from Mike that I'm going to install because i decided to keep Ac/dc. What was i thinking!

What is needed from Swinks to polish off the mod? The site has about 6 different options.

#452 7 years ago
Quoted from hank527:

Is there a place to get software updates?

Email me. [email protected]

#453 7 years ago

Email sent Mike. Is it possible to have the mod set up to work with a song change on the code? I don't know how to use pinball browser.

#454 7 years ago

but does this work with the light up... oh, never mind

#455 7 years ago
Quoted from MJW:

Email sent Mike. Is it possible to have the mod set up to work with a song change on the code? I don't know how to use pinball browser.

To get the full benefits of this product you need to have some basic computer aptitude. Version 2 is substantially easier to install than the original MOD, but this isn’t a 5 minute installation. From a software standpoint, the MOD gives you the ability to easily create your own videos and images with custom text overlays, etc. However, you’ll need to be able to use a window PC to tackle the software stuff.

#456 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Swinks has deactivated his account. I have an older version mod from Mike that I'm going to install because i decided to keep Ac/dc. What was i thinking!
What is needed from Swinks to polish off the mod? The site has about 6 different options.

Here are some pics to illustrate how the concert add on toys are assembled:

Gears3_(resized).pngGears3_(resized).png
Gears2_(resized).pngGears2_(resized).png
Gears1_(resized).pngGears1_(resized).png

Or

Banner3_(resized).pngBanner3_(resized).png
Banner2_(resized).pngBanner2_(resized).png
Banner1_(resized).pngBanner1_(resized).png

These can be purchased directly from Shapeways.

This kit replaces the four 1/4" spacers used between the LCD plastic screen guard and the metal screen housing.

#457 7 years ago

Hi!

I need your help.

Receiver the kit today, have the problem every time i power off and on the machine i must press the source button sometimes.

Bigger problem:
So i entered the menu of the TFT MODE: switched to a different mode, now the txt is white and i cannot change it back because i don't see the menu.

could someone link a video how many times i must press menu down up center and so ?!??

or is there a other way to gt the factory setting of the cdmi controller?

thanks
tom

#458 7 years ago

i could set it back

so back to my basic problem

overtime when i power on the display, the source is AV2

i must press 2 times the source button to go back to HDMI

what could i do now?

thanks
tom

#459 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i could set it back
so back to my basic problem
overtime when i power on the display, the source is AV2
i must press 2 times the source button to go back to HDMI
what could i do now?
thanks
tom

Shoot me an email.

#460 7 years ago

done!

1 week later
#461 7 years ago

Still no fix For it

90% when i power in the pin
The Source is av2

I THINK i Must Order a Different Display in China?!?

#462 7 years ago

Email sent ... put me on the patiently waiting list.

#463 7 years ago

This is a MUST have mod for ACDC premium owners. Mike has updated the design to be easier than ever to mount install. Everything comes preassembled basically.

I don't think there is any software updates needed at the moment since its running off of Sterns latest code.

2 weeks later
#464 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

back again, let me know if any questions or concerns - all the parts are relevant to the stage dressing mod

#465 7 years ago

Just installed this mod and wow, it is awesome! the instructions were right on, very detailed and simple installation. Thanks Mike for creating such a great mod ... makes playing my AC/DC much more fun

#466 7 years ago

Is the latest batch completed? Hoping I'm on that list ...

#467 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Is the latest batch completed? Hoping I'm on that list ...

Email me and I'll confirm I've got you covered.

#468 7 years ago

I have MikeD's old Luci with this mod, and it is absolutely awesome! People that see it absolutely love it!! It is definitely a must for this game!! You'll never miss that little plastic band that clicks back and forth!!

#469 7 years ago

Has anyone installed this on the pro led model?

#470 7 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Has anyone installed this on the pro led model?

It only works for Prem/LE's as the Stern code is modified. Maybe Mike will tweak the code a bit for Pro's?

1 month later
#471 7 years ago

Quick update:

It took a little longer than expected, but we’ve finally updated the code to work with the latest version of the RPi (Version 3 Model B). So, if you are interested in this MOD please email me at either:

[email protected] or
[email protected]

and I’ll get you added to the list. We’ll be manufacturing ACDC units until the end of 2016, at which point we’ll be switch gears. I don't plan on running these in 2017.

Regards,

Mike

#472 7 years ago

I have the original version. Is there any new software available and if so, what are the changes?
Thanks.

#473 7 years ago

No changes, just have to update the software everytime the RPi is revamped.

#474 7 years ago

If you're interested in this MOD shoot me an email - [email protected]

I only have a few units left. Once these are gone, I'll be taking a break from modding for the remainder of 2016. Next year we'll be focusing on other projects, so this will be the last batch for awhile.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

Next year we'll be focusing on other projects

Same concept, different pin? Or different all together from a LCD mod?

#476 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Same concept, different pin? Or different all together from a LCD mod?

More CFTBL MODs.

1 month later
#477 7 years ago

Only one left. After it's gone, I'll be taking a break from pinball for the foreseeable future.

#478 7 years ago

I ordered my swinks stage mod while I still could. Installing the LCD over Thanksgiving vacation! Making some videos in the meantime. This is going to be great!

#479 7 years ago

Just to be sure things haven't changed. Still is not compatible with the led pro?

#480 7 years ago
Quoted from Rico_Roughneck:

Just to be sure things haven't changed. Still is not compatible with the led pro?

When I ordered mine a month ago, that was the case with this batch - not compatible with the Pro version.

#481 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

I ordered my swinks stage mod while I still could. Installing the LCD over Thanksgiving vacation! Making some videos in the meantime. This is going to be great!

cheers, the stage mod will remain up there when ever people are after one

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=pinballmiked&type=

2 weeks later
#482 7 years ago

Trying to install this mod. Step 29 says to "Plug the micro SD card into the Raspberry." The pic in the instructions does not show where that goes. I have a regular size SD card and a micro SD card left over. Can someone that has this help me out? I emailed Mike D. a few hours ago, but want to get this up and running. All of the other steps are completed. Thanks!

#483 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Trying to install this mod. Step 29 says to "Plug the micro SD card into the Raspberry." The pic in the instructions does not show where that goes.

Never mind ... my techy son showed me where it was. Working now ... it's great!

1 week later
#484 7 years ago

I found 3 MODs stashed away in the workshop last night. These will be the last of the ACDC MODs, so get one before there gone.

#485 7 years ago

MOD ordered! Can't wait to install this in LUCI

#486 7 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

MOD ordered! Can't wait to install this in LUCI

It's great! You probably wont pay too much attention to it as a player (except for maybe the drain banter), but if someone is watching the game play, it's pretty cool for the boring parts of the game play. I'm going to add more "instruction" to the scenes for what to shoot for when the song starts, add some more song clips, and add some more attract sequence clips. Since I live near Hell, MI I will add some local clips of our city for "Welcome to Hell". Local friends and neighbors will get a kick out of it.

Somehow, I think those of us that have this mod should share clips of what we add. ???

#487 7 years ago

I started a thread for that, but it never picked up much interest.

#488 7 years ago

Found it ... looks like some of the 2 year old links are gone now. I'll revive it and add to it once I get a few of them polished and ready. Just in case anyone is still following that thread. It might be an old mod for some, but it can have new life by feeding it more video clips.

Great mod that interacts with the game main milestones ... loving it.

#489 7 years ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Found it ... looks like some of the 2 year old links are gone now. I'll revive it and add to it once I get a few of them polished and ready. Just in case anyone is still following that thread. It might be an old mod for some, but it can have new life by feeding it more video clips.
Great mod that interacts with the game main milestones ... loving it.

Glad you are enjoying it. I think the best way to handle this is to upload videos to YouTube and share the links in the thread.

#490 7 years ago

Mod ordered. Now the difficult parts starts, the waiting ....

#491 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Mod ordered. Now the difficult parts starts, the waiting ....

Your wait might not be too long. I just ordered mine about a week ago and it's already shipped and on its way

3 weeks later
#492 7 years ago

Wait was over today.

Just installed it. Went smoothly, nicely made mod by MikeD

So after 2 years of considering it another mod was added to my precious baby

Whats next ?

#493 7 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Wait was over today.
Just installed it. Went smoothly, nicely made mod by MikeD
So after 2 years of considering it another mod was added to my precious baby
Whats next ?

Now you sell the pin.Jus kiddin'
I love my premium with this mod!

#494 7 years ago
Quoted from PinballMikeD:

I found 3 MODs stashed away in the workshop last night. These will be the last of the ACDC MODs, so get one before there gone.

Any still left? How much? I am too lazy to backread for cost lol

#495 7 years ago

It's approx USD 500

Mine shipped internationally excl the 110 volt powersupply

It's a well made mod but if I may there is 1 point where improvement could be made. The mod really deserves in my opinion a 'cover' so you don't see the top of the PCB when looking at it.

I used some black cardboard to make a cover. In fact, that came from the shipping box so it did ship with a cover

IMG_1152 (resized).JPGIMG_1152 (resized).JPG

2 months later
#496 7 years ago

I'm going to do one last small batch run of these and then, like Disney, this MOD is going in "the vault."

Again, this MOD is ONLY FOR PREMIUM/LE machines. IT WAS NOT DESIGNED TO WORK ON A PRO. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.

#497 7 years ago

Pm send

#498 7 years ago

So no way to have it work on the newer pro led?

#499 7 years ago

Email sent

#500 7 years ago

Just vouching for this mod that it is a great feature to add, mostly for by-stander people watching game play and for the attract modes. Great support too if any "Raspberry Pi(e) for Dummies" issues or questions come up. Some flexibility with it just like Pinball Browser for making personal preference adjustments or additions. I would buy it again if I had a second ACDC pin.

Quoted from Psw757:

So no way to have it work on the newer pro led?

Nope - this mod will only work on Premium or LE. Something about the hardware and coding that it wont work on the Pro.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
16,500 (Firm)
$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

5,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Chittenango, NY
$ 24.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 704 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 15.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmd-%E2%80%93-acdc-interactive-lcd-mod-coming-soon/page/10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.