Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
2328D035-094C-43A5-8A1A-C1D4EF9F0E50 (resized).jpeg
Before (resized).jpg
Now-Available (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 4 years ago

Now-Available (resized).pngNow-Available (resized).png

https://pinballmods.co/PMC-post-Playfield-protection-set

**Current washers included are black neoprene rubber. Another option of silicone/vinyl/rubber washers is being investigated and may be offered within the next week or two in both clear and black options. Stay tuned ***

Do you have concerns about your playfield and dimples, divots, bunching or sagging of the clear coat around narrow posts? We've seen this on a lot of games recently and the community has come up with a combination fix for this. This has been installed on many machines and seems to be holding up over time.

For example, on JJP POTC there are a combination of issues which leads to failure of the playfield near the sling posts, among other places. The original, narrow posts used by JJP are cutting in to the clear (some had sharp lower edges) and sometimes just the clear is too soft and it bunches up around the posts. This combination solution not only helps prevent this, it helps solve it and it helps hide it. Here is what you are ordering:

- Color choice of a double star post 1-1/4" to replace existing narrow plastic posts
- High quality, black, durable rubber neoprene washer size matched to the post
- Clear 3/4" Lexan support washer for plastic protection

Each "qty" of 1 that you order will include one of each of the items above. So if you want 6 black posts (with rubber and Lexan washers included) you would want to order a qty of 6.

The double post is suggested here to offset the height of the rubber washer. Using this post you can put the sling rubber on the lower rung which will place it closer to the original rubber location with the stock posts. There may be a bit of leaf switch adjustment to get the right action (and adjusting the coil settings) but this should help prevent hammer escapes if replacing with just a single star post.

You can choose the color and qty of posts needed for your application. For example, to replace the sling posts on most games you will need 6 star posts. You can choose any color combination (just add each one in the proper qty to your cart). Some folks have done a "blackout" theme with there posts, going all black. Some have color matched to the playfield (on a CE they have used the teal/green posts and on a SE/LE they have used aqua and amber posts). It's all up to the look you are going for, or stick with the stock clear look.
Before (resized).jpgBefore (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I thought we all agreed to do away with the dumb characters starting thread titles?

I was in the discussion but I didn't know any agreement had been made. Can't you just drain the thread?

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i appreciate your efforts, but let me show you what black rubber washers do to a problem that can’t be fixed with rubber washers. maybe we should all sit back and not capitalize on a problem that needs to be fixed for free by the manufacturers.[quoted image]

I don't think you know about my efforts, if you did you would know that this is far from me trying to capitalize. In fact, I'm probably losing money selling this stuff and just sunk a chunk of change in to the parts because I've been asked over and over. Buying a pack of 50 washers is lame and I sent out all the extras I had for free. It seems to be a solid enough solution for JJP games in a temporary sense and for issues which already exist seem to be one of the only real longer term options. If you don't know about my efforts, look for posts I've made recently and you'll see I am far from trying to capitalize on this.

Quoted from delt31:

Harry - you know I'm a big fan but law is right. Those icons in your title thread are killing me. Can you remove? I like your products and rather not drain just b/c the title is irritating to look at

Quoted from wrb1977:

FYI...When creating a thread and filling in the “topic title”, the rules are clearly defined for that section. No discussion is necessary.

I had no idea there were rules there. The discussion we had from someone else asking about the ascii art even had Robin in the thread and no one said anything. I mean, I really don't care, happy to not include them if that is the rule, but I figured someone would have said something if that was the case, apparently no one in that thread knew either.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from bigehrl:

i appreciate your efforts, but let me show you what black rubber washers do to a problem that can’t be fixed with rubber washers. maybe we should all sit back and not capitalize on a problem that needs to be fixed for free by the manufacturers.[quoted image]

Btw, the "kit" is with wide star posts to replace narrow ones that had this issue. Having the wider base spreads the load out and covers up the messed up area. I think everyone in the JJP threads and the TNA thread seemed to pretty universally agree this was the way to go. I tested several variations of posts and washers and mylar myself and this seemed to be the best.

But I've also spent a decent chunk of change already (and a good amount of my time) fighting with JJP on this.

#10 4 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

when I saw this thread this morning I wondered if the rubber washer would just transfer the problem outwards and looking your photo that looks to be the case.

That's not the solution we are providing. That's a narrow post.

If you look at the POTC sling post thread you'll see this solution implemented over and over. Which was also backed up by TNA owners who have done this for much longer. Not every issue is the same, not every solution but I think the wider star posts with the washers does a lot better than any other option that exists aside from a better playfield.

#11 4 years ago

So which one of you keyboard warriors is going to contact Mezel and Modcouple to remove their title decoration?

#13 4 years ago

I don't know what about that makes me a "tough guy", but sounds good. If pinside was that concerned they could just strip the characters.

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Don't know what makes me a keyboard warrior either.

You're fighting for your stance behind a keyboard? Seems appropriate. Not suggesting you need to do something IRL, just fitting the situation.

#17 4 years ago

Clear vinyl rubber option now available. Slightly harder than the black but still quite soft and plyable. Fits perfectly.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider harryhoudini.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmc-playfield-post-protection-set?tu=harryhoudini and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.