(Topic ID: 265753)

PMC Announces Bespoke Mod Service

By harryhoudini

4 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 4 years ago

The idea for us to develop our own mods came out of the trouble of finding someone to make a mod I wanted for my game and I thought others would want too. So we made our own and went from there. There are parts that can't be obtained, ideas for fixes and upgrades that no one has done, products you have developed but need someone to produce, warehouse, ship and handle customer service or something else within the modding realm.

In a short time we have developed a team of highly skilled individuals who each bring one facet of the mod building ecosystem as well as the online commerce presence. I want to keep them working non-stop doing what they like doing. Many of them have no other source of income right now and I've been coming up with ideas left and right but I only know a few games, I only have access to a few games and I don't have the kind of creative mind some of you out there have.

Without much public announcement we are working on a handful of bespoke mods already. Mods which others have thought up, saw a need for, designed a prototype, need fulfillment/advertising/e-store or anything in between. Some of these are made for one person and their option to sell or reproduce if they would like, which we would partner with them in doing. Some are fantastic ideas and we pay a bounty in form of the first production mod to that creator at no charge.

Here are the kinds of items we specialize in:

- Upgrades which solve a problem, fix a production mistake, protect or enhance game play

- Microcontrollers and things like Arduino and Raspberry Pi integrations, reading and reacting to game actions, external inputs and outputs

- Lighting, we have invested a lot of money in to research and development of some unique and different components which are unavailable in US markets and we are passionate about lighting a game well

- 3D Modeling and printing using both FDM and SLA printing we have spent additional research here to develop a wide range of components and custom mixtures of raw materials to produce a wide array of resulting parts qualities and properties. From lenses to buttons and mountains to stand up targets, we are producing parts have different characteristics to suit a need. Mainly we deal with UV cured resin based parts as well as PLA (a natural polymer derived from corn starch and sugar cane).

We especially like enhancing a theme or providing further cohesiveness with theme source material for things which might be lacking in any game.

If you see an opportunity to solve a problem or enhance a game feel free to PM me or contact us at [email protected]

#3 4 years ago

Heh, exactly. I wish I could get George to do our commercials. I'm reaching out to Mike Tyson.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pmc-announces-bespoke-mod-service- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.