Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 86 posts
  • 68 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by undrdog
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6FCA49C9-3E4A-4862-95BD-1919FCEDC547 (resized).jpeg
    peepeetime (resized).jpg
    IMG_6966.jpg
    10043CBA-F823-4985-9A9E-BE3515AAA4B1 (resized).jpeg
    64797433-5085-40C4-BB77-700E6B5F9FEC.gif
    F6603605-AD40-42C5-B2BC-CD9ABEF39FE1.gif
    5AD7CA1C-3D28-4282-BCEE-32DF8140124A (resized).jpeg
    PM Dawn (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#65 2 years ago

I take it as first come-first serve and I do not contact the seller after someone sends a pm sent message(especially on KLOV) To me it is about respect.

I dislike bidding wars and sellers that entertain in such practices so I figure if a guy contacted a seller first-he or she deserves first right of refusal. That being said I usually wait for the seller to reply several days later that the game is still available. I have had people say pm sent-kick tires and then I literally have to say-'still available' days later.

I do think it is an acceptable practice and it helps form a line of interested parties. I hear stories about games being sold minutes/hours after an inquiry is made and I dislike this practice. If someone contacts me for a game-I work with the first person and go down the line from there. Well I had someone contact me five minutes after you offering me more money-pathetic

#68 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

The vast majority of sales today are looking for cash and/or trade.

If it is a sale/trade that changes the rules-and lets the seller pick and choose

#71 2 years ago

You want top dollar? list it on Epay

You only want to sell local-list on Craigslist first

You want to see what you can get for trade-cool

You want to field multiple inquiries at same time creating bidding war-lame

Work with the guy that sends a pm sent message if he/she is first in line and sell for asking price

It's a shame when someone says they sent a message seconds after an ad is placed only to be ignored because a higher offer came in, prefer local sale, etc.

Creating an auction on Pinside is listing for 123456 and then fielding offers. Does this change the rules? I believe so but easier for me to accept and with today's rapid inflation it is hard to know what values have jumped to.

So if someone list for 123456 and a pm sent message comes in-seller can choose what is best for them

#74 2 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

give local buyers preference every time

What I do is list in local thread if I want it to go local-or list as local sale in ad. Sometimes I actually find it easier to sell out of state without tire kickers and cheapskates. Craigslist brings out some crazy people and I have to usually use discretion at times

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pm-sent-?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.