(Topic ID: 223968)

Plunger tip placement to ball.

By Seamlesswall

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

So, in pool this is important. On my Ripley's the tip is high to the ball and adjusted all the way down. My feeling is that if centered to the ball I could get more umph out of it as, unlike a pool table, the beginning of the shooter lane is carved. Modifying the plunger mechanism any further lower will exceed the limits of the plunger holder to the cabinet carved to hold it. Any advice?

#2 5 years ago

Raise playfield a little. Put something between playfield hangers and lockdown bar receiver.

LTG : )

#3 5 years ago
    Quoted from Seamlesswall:

So, in pool this is important. On my Ripley's the tip is high to the ball and adjusted all the way down. My feeling is that if centered to the ball I could get more umph out of it as, unlike a pool table, the beginning of the shooter lane is carved. Modifying the plunger mechanism any further lower will exceed the limits of the plunger holder to the cabinet carved to hold it. Any advice?

This is a guess, OK? I'm guessing that if you could lower your plunger assembly in the cabinet and still have enough room on the cabinet that lowering the plunger would not leave a gap at the cabinet.

With that in mind, get some rotary files or a rat tail file and file some of the cabinet away to allow for making the plunger sit lower.

LTG's way is easier but I think you have options. I had to raise a couple of mine and there was enough meat on the cabinet that there was no issue.

ebay.com link: 5Pcs 1 4 Tungsten Rotary Carbide Cutter Files Burr 6mm Set CNC Engraving Tool

https://www.amazon.com/Round-Files-Rat-Tail-bastard/dp/B004HMF534

#4 5 years ago

Not sure if this applies to the Ripley's but make sure the whole shooter assembly is not installed upside down. I've seen this many times on older games.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plunger-tip-placement-to-ball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.