Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by jrpinball
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

I can free up the stuck plunger by hand from under the main board but after about 10 flips the plunger sticks in again thus locking my flipper. Is their a temporary fix for this. I have a lot of guests coming over this Friday night and I really need it to work!! Help!

#2 7 years ago

Are you talking about the ball shooter? Please elaborate.

#3 7 years ago

It's probably a magnetized coil stop that needs to be replaced. If you don't have a spare you could temporarily swap with the knocker coil which you don't really need.

#4 7 years ago

This is on the left flipper. When it sticks it sticks with plunger in. I can pop it back out and it works for about 10 times and sticks again. I am a newby and I just replaced all the O-rings and flipper shafts and paddels. Worked great for a few days but now this problem with the sticking flipper.

#5 7 years ago

OP, make sure you are reading the replies to your other thread regarding this topic.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1976-williams-bluechip-flipper-hums-loud

#6 7 years ago

You appear to be a newbie to the written word as well. I kid!

Not sure how else you want me to say it - I think your coil stop may be magnetized. Try swapping it with the one on your knocker assembly. If none of this makes any sense all I can say is you may need help from a pro.

#7 7 years ago

Yeh, your right I'm newbie. But I want to thank everyone. I just finished cleaning the plunger and inside the coil sleeve. Used some emory cloth on the plunger and a little alcohol inside the coil sleeve. IT WORKS GREAT!!! As a matter of fact it works so good it makes the right flipper seem weak now. I will save that cleaning job for another day. I am getting more comfortable and less and less nervous about working on this thing now. Thank everyone again. You may have salvaged my Friday night get together!.

#8 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

You appear to be a newbie to the written word as well. I kid!
Not sure how else you want me to say it - I think your coil stop may be magnetized. Try swapping it with the one on your knocker assembly. If none of this makes any sense all I can say is you may need help from a pro.

How can you swap a plunger from a knocker with one for a flipper? They're not the same.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plunger-sticks-on-my-1976-williams-bluechip and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.