(Topic ID: 332711)

Plumbing Issue - What's this tapping sound?

By mcluvin

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 34 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mcluvin
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

7B152CA9-715B-4419-99EF-FF324D182FDB (resized).jpeg
    prv (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 1 year ago

Most likely not thermal expansion tank or water supply piping . What type of drainage pipes do you have . ? Cast iron or pvc ? get a 5 gallon bucket of water and dump it down the drains, if you hear noise the you have your answer. It’s the drainage making the noise …

#21 1 year ago
    Quoted from Don44:

I had the same thing happening with my shower and surprisingly the cause was a cheap shower fixture the contractor installed. I installed a fixture that was recommended by a plumbing supply store and my rattling pipes were gone.

when you say fixture do you mean the shower valve or the tub or shower fixture ?

#26 1 year ago

If no expansion tank and you have a prv . a thermal expansion tank is not required by Code . As a prv can be used as a thermal expansion device .

Anti scald is required nowadays , but i have not heard of any brand making tapping sounds like you explained .
    usually a mucked up Cast Iron system and hearing hiccups in the pipe from bad Venting . if pvc it could still be a venting issue but more less likely unless a bird died inside your vent stack or some form of object is obstructed in the stack . Anyway good luck , Let us know when you get it solved .

#28 1 year ago

I see, there are many types, this is the one I thought you meant and can be used instead of a thermal exp tank in south Florida building code .not sure if that one has a discharge port

7B152CA9-715B-4419-99EF-FF324D182FDB (resized).jpeg7B152CA9-715B-4419-99EF-FF324D182FDB (resized).jpeg

#31 1 year ago

.love it when a house goes into a revolt all at the same time

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/plumbing-issue-what-s-this-tapping-sound?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.