Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
Screenshot_2016-05-05-16-12-10_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#13 7 years ago

In summary, basically it was a mid-twenties guy who was just fumbling about in the backbox with absolutely no pin repair experience. He's one of those young guys from my generation with the N64 logo for his YouTube avatar. He basically explained he has had the game for a few months and it has never worked 100%. He bought the board blind and started yanking out connectors (sometimes by the wire) from the original power supply making comments like "I have no clue what I'm doing" and "I have no clue where this stuff is supposed to go, I hope it's all in the same place on the new board."

He then proceeds to remove the old board, open the new one without even glancing once at any of the install instructions or disclaimers, and starts yanking on the GI header for some reason. Guess he thought there was a plug inserted there? He was doing it with some force, what would happen if he damaged something I wonder? Then he makes a comment about the heatsink on the old power supply: "Gee I wonder what that's for? Oh, looks like this one does't have one." So basically he didn't even look at the pictures of the board before dropping $130. He then removes like 5 zip ties so the GI connection can reach the header on the new board. He plugs it in with stress clearly on the header, and wiggles the header afterwards. That's a 4 pin connector with 15 amps of current running through it.

Here's where it gets good. He installs the power supply and turns on the game. You hear a pop and loud buzzing sound, but he keeps it on. Game doesn't boot. He should've immediately turned it off. He leaves the freaking thing turned on for about 30 seconds, mumbling about "Huh, hasn't done that before. I don't see anything weird going on. Oh crap, something's cooking. I'd better turn it off." Smoke billows out from the shooter lane. He lifts the playfield. "Wow that's really hot guys. Is it burned? If there's something else I should be checking please let me know in the comments. I have no idea how this is supposed to go." He then comments on the game not starting. "Oops, I think I left a plug or two loose."

Then he makes another video putting the game up for sale a little later and get this, he actually gets an offer in the comments. He turns the game on, you hear the same buzzing sound, and he actually plays the thing for a good minute or two. Has to roll the ball into play because the shooter coil is fried. Magically booted in this video, maybe because he "had some connectors loose." balboarules and I leave a couple of stern comments, and he takes his ball and goes home by deleting both videos.

Holy friggin' crap. WOW.

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from balboarules:

Nice summary there Crash, You forgot a few things, he turns the game off, takes something out of the box and installs it under the power driver board, no idea what that was, then turns it back on and eats his victory candy bar while smoke starts poring out of the game...
But very excellent details there, I wish I could have saved the video, it was great!

I didn't catch that part, lol.

#20 7 years ago

I would PM him but can't remember his channel name. Not that it matters now.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It plays anything ever invented.

Except for Channel Master DVR files and weird FLV videos from JJP's WOZ. Other than that it's fantastic.

#63 7 years ago

Sorry Nick, but welcome to my ignore list!

#70 7 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

He didn't strike me as the same fella from the video.

Must have been, what other motive would he have for repeating the same crap and trying to so aggressively take up for Nick? Nick must have been involved at some point, he had to find out what to buy. He just decided to upload that video and evidently hope he wasn't corrected by more experienced people in the industry, which is why he quickly took the videos down all of two comments later and came back here with a new account to defend himself (and evidently get banned again once the mods found out who he was).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 17.50
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 85.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Denver, CO
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Crash.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-watch-this-video-i-just-came-across-it?tu=Crash and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.