(Topic ID: 306355)

Please vote: Which of these is the important to pinball?

By Johncare07

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which mod is the most impactful in pinball? ”

• Color DMD 55 votes
      58%
    • Cliffy 32 votes
      34%
    • Stadium lights 8 votes
      8%

(95 votes)

This poll has been closed.

#1 2 years ago

If there is something more important not listed, please type your answer in the this thread.

#3 2 years ago

Color dmd , leds , and low glare glass are up there for me

#4 2 years ago

HD glass #1 mod for me

#5 2 years ago

I guess since the only thing I really go out of my way to get is cliffys (from that list) it's that..but that isn't really equal. The ColorDMD and Pinstadiums are just eye candy, while cliffy's are functional.

There are no must have mods in my opinion, as much of it is overpriced fluff, but there are things that I like that depend on what the game is - like shakers, or subs (or upgraded sound).

I'd rather spend the money on more games in most cases.

#6 2 years ago

Pingulp

#7 2 years ago

Realistic prices for games...

#8 2 years ago

Coil stops that don't break.

#9 2 years ago

PSW10 external sub and color DMD

#10 2 years ago

Pinsound!

#11 2 years ago

Nice shiny balls. Not kidding.

#12 2 years ago

I feel like you forgot "most."

#13 2 years ago
    Quoted from transprtr4u:

Realistic prices for games...

That's for sure

#14 2 years ago

LED OCD

#15 2 years ago

Shaker motor?

#16 2 years ago

Me.

LTG : )
    Disclaimer : Just kidding. Sorry couldn't resist.

#17 2 years ago

Pinsound is a huge upgrade, but costly just like the rest of the upgrades. I think all upgrades have their place. The Color DMD I don't think is as impactful as pin stadium or pinsound even though I love the one color DMD upgrade I have. Cliffys are more of need for playfield life and don't do anything visually really.

#18 2 years ago

PinStadium lights are the most impactiful.

Like medically impacted shit in your colon.

#19 2 years ago

I like being able to see the ball better as well as less glare... IMO pin stadiums I don't look up too much at DMD. Cliffy I don't really consider a mod is more preventive it doesn't really add or make the experience better.

#20 2 years ago

Nothing I think is necessary...but nice and it depends on the era and brand.
    For me it's alot about art, sound and theme before getting to gameplay to finish it off for the game for me.

All of my games get pdi glass, pinsound if applicable, colour display if applicable, mirror blades in a variety of colours, my own custom leds and rubber preferences and my own tweaks custom mods.

Working on jazzing up Alien now along with a custom Afm original build.

If I had to pick one it would be pinsound overall for the enjoyment I have got from restoring over the last few years.

Check out my YouTube videos for what I mean. KJS....

#21 2 years ago

Cliffy's no-hop ball lane guides.

1 week later
    #22 2 years ago

Electricity.

#23 2 years ago

Repair Manual

#24 2 years ago

A dark game room

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-vote-which-of-these-is-the-important-to-pinball?hl=conrad and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.