Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 62 posts
  • 43 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by spfxted
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Meltdown.gif
    44tanmembers-1XL.jpg
    There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Transformers Pin owners -- Members Only!
    **crickets**

Ouch!

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from ovfdfireman:

These allow people with the same machine to discuss that machines mods, issues, rules, whatever. What's wrong with that? Don't have to open the thread, there are many threads that I am not interested in, that doesn't mean others aren't.

Exactly. I think it's a great idea. It would be neat if somehow pinside had a way to make a section for each machine where everything you needed to know for it alone was indexed within, all repairs, all mods, and comments on play. Not sure how to do it, just working on it with the punch cards and flow charts at this point

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from MrWizzo:

Oh those superior feminine wiles! On the other hand, all we need to do to gain compliance is offer new shoes. Like stilettos with a bottle opener in the heels. Now there is a win win bridging the gender gap!

I don't drink, I'm already 5'10" and hate heels... but I do appreciate cool electronics, pinball machines, and the occasional Coach purse. (No wonder my husband complains I'm hard to shop for...lol)

#54 11 years ago

I just got into the No Homers club!!

#55 11 years ago
    Quoted from blondetall:

I don't drink, I'm already 5'10" and hate heels... but I do appreciate cool electronics, pinball machines, and the occasional Coach purse. (No wonder my husband complains I'm hard to shop for...lol)

Not so bad compared to mine.....

#56 11 years ago

I think it's a good way to meet up with other people with the same machines as you. When dealing with pins, even starting out, I know that you can never have enough resources and contacts. I don't have a hard time scrolling past the ones for the games I don't have.

#57 11 years ago

It takes less then one second to skip past something we do not want to read. Lets not ruin others fun...

Now where is my crotchety old man pic.

#58 11 years ago

Robin,

If it wasn't mentioned prior, I think this is the basis for a possible new enhancement at Pinside. It's a natural hot spot for machine specific chat. I'm thinking it presents all sorts of challenges to you, and that it may not simply be the creation of a machine-specific forum group. But this is certainly something to consider as strong opinions are brewing quick.

I for one support the idea for the benefits already mentioned. But I do have concerns about it's impact to Pinside. For tech nerds - think about the difference between relational databases versus flat databases. If we all show up at Pinside only to gravitate to our own pins versus wider topics of discussion it might negatively impact our 'culture' here. Maybe I'm getting a little too deep on this, but I think it's worth some serious thinking before pulling any triggers. Fortunately Robin always seems to have a clear perspective on change, and those things that don't work get improved one way or other.

It's all good.

Brian

#59 11 years ago

Yeah, Stop with the modding threads too. No more modding. LOL

Make a major sub group on the left hand side, like "MODDING".

#60 11 years ago

Hey pinster!...ya think I might of done good??

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Hey pinster!...ya think I might of done good??

You are a pioneer.

#62 11 years ago

That reminds me...i want a cigar!

There are 62 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-stop-with-machine-club-threads/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.