Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 66 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by blizz81
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

drugs-pulp-fiction.gif
    sacrilege.jpg
    F46B39BE-CFE5-4B50-8B11-6EF40A62BBEB.gif
    Pinside_forum_7452541_0.gif
    7endda.jpg
    stop (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 1 year ago

For the love of God, please stop making owner threads. Unless you are the first person to UNBOX the machine, don’t do it. If you are unboxing and think “maybe I’m first”….take a second and search the forum, PLEASE

#2 1 year ago

we need more hype threads though

fuck yeah pinball!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

#4 1 year ago

Make love not pinball war.

You can’t own a pinball thread man.

Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women man.

#5 1 year ago

Chop chop, get to work.

#6 1 year ago

..... or please keep the owner threads to a maximum of five per title.

#7 1 year ago

but please more threads about not making more threads ... those are awesome

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

..... or please keep the owner threads to a maximum of five per title.

Ok. One for:

LE
    CE
    Premium
    Standard
    Super Deluxe Anniversary Limited Standard Premium Editions

Only those.

#9 1 year ago

I used to work as a traffic engineer and had to deal with a yuppie development who installed parking lot stop signs that said "don't" and "get it get it" in pink writing above and below the "STOP". They were shocked that I told them a "don't stop" stop sign is the dumbest fucking thing I had ever seen and that someone would sue their asses off if they were in an accident.

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from TreyBo69:

"don't" and "get it get it"

Bahahah, too funny, but I definitely understand your position!

#11 1 year ago

Can we at least get polls on all those extra threads? I just like them..

OP, give us a poll!! Lol

#12 1 year ago

Also, where's the thread with the poll about who is your favorite MOD? I already have a favorite and he wears a cape! Lol

#13 1 year ago

Please stop making stop making owners threads threads.

(Sorry, couldn’t resist)

#14 1 year ago
    Quoted from jackd104:

Please stop making stop making owners threads threads.
    (Sorry, couldn’t resist)

Next thing, you'll want to start "Please STOP making owners threads - The hype version" thread..

#15 1 year ago

Who adds the machines to the list here? That person should create the owners thread and lock it until the first owner takes delivery.

#16 1 year ago

Is this the pinball version of the “everyone please stop replying all” emails at work?

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Is this the pinball version of the “everyone please stop replying all” emails at work?

It’s a PSA because it’s fucking annoying when there’s 4 threads across 4 sub forums all claiming to be the owners thread of a new game and then a 5th owners thread comes out days later and says “Oh yeah, who’s in?!?!?” with zero effort to see if it’s redundant.

Like picking up trash, it’s our responsibility to keep this site tidy or it becomes messy, and impossible to navigate and to locate useful info.

#18 1 year ago

Please stop making threads bitching about people creating threads unless you're the first person to bitch about people creating threads.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from radium:

Please stop making threads bitching about people creating threads unless you're the first person to bitch about people creating threads.

That’s like the 9th inception-style “thread about threads” joke. Zero value added.

#20 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:That’s like the 9th inception-style “thread about threads” joke. Zero value added.

Chill tf out bro.

#21 1 year ago

So what is the prize associated with creating the official owner’s club thread? Do they write your name on the bathroom wall of a truck stop in Omaha, NE or something?

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from BudManPinFan:

So what is the prize associated with creating the official owner’s club thread? Do they write your name on the bathroom wall of a truck stop in Omaha, NE or something?

You get to be the O f'n P of the thread, baby!
    For all time, all owners will need to hail you as the one and only originator of all official discussion and president of the club.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to start the Pulp Fiction owner's club thread.

#23 1 year ago

Starting an owners thread now for people tired of owners threads

#24 1 year ago

Lots of bitchiness in this thread. The Lock-----in before it.

#25 1 year ago

Stop bitching about the bitchiness of the stop making stop making threads about stop making owners threads.

#26 1 year ago

I have yet to see a owners thread for non-owners that could be popular.

#27 1 year ago

No need to get so riled up guys, take it from me and my long history of being extremely calm and relaxed that there is no need to have a stroke over it

#28 1 year ago

LTG : )

stop (resized).jpgstop (resized).jpg
    #29 1 year ago

Come on people, it's not that hard.

This online forum is better when useful information is all organized and categorized well. When I scratched the surface about getting into this hobby ~10 years ago, I was able to search and find info super easily because of the site's organization. My only hurdle was grasping all the game acronyms (esp. all those 5-letter ones like CFBTL, EAPTM, CEFTK...etc.) and those were finally hyperlinked for ease. But I was able to get into pinball ownership b/c of Pinside.

Now we're in an era of people who want to be "first" commenters on YT, and newbs who think they get some sort of entitlement and achievement by being an OP. Half the Pinside population doesn't take the time to do a 10sec search on if a thread exists before creating a duplicate thread and it muddies the waters on the site.

It's not F'ing hard. If your thought/question/thread is original, create it. Just first see if it already exists. Just because you want to be the OP, doesn't mean jack. Just because you think your take needs to be heard by all, doesn't mean you create a redundant thread of one that already exists. Go post there. Your "hot take" doesn't justify a new thread and it's not more important than anyone else's here.

The 2 identical Pulp Fiction Hype threads have countless posts about confusion between the threads (adding a poll to the 2nd is no different than Malibu Stacy getting a new hat). The 5 JJP Godfather Owner threads was more of the same. To boot, most of those threads are grouped in the wrong subcategory.

Want this site to grow and be as good as it once was for incoming members? Ensure we keep putting information in the correct places. I know that's a tall task in the "me me me" Tik Tok era where you have to be the person announcing your feelings to a bunch of people who DGAF, but Pinside was once an easy to search encyclopedia of information and thoughts. But we risk it becoming an unsearchable mess of useless redundancy because it's more about the poster's fake clout and quick dopamine hit, than the actual hobby.

Oh, and the "thread about threads" and "complaining about complaining" posts are tired. Carry on.

#30 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

It’s a PSA because it’s fucking annoying when there’s 4 threads across 4 sub forums all claiming to be the owners thread of a new game and then a 5th owners thread comes out days later and says “Oh yeah, who’s in?!?!?” with zero effort to see if it’s redundant.
    Like picking up trash, it’s our responsibility to keep this site tidy or it becomes messy, and impossible to navigate and to locate useful info.

Isn’t it the site’s responsibility?

Quoted from Yoko2una:

This online forum is better when useful information is all organized and categorized well. When I scratched the surface about getting into this hobby ~10 years ago, I was able to search and find info super easily because of the site's organization. My only hurdle was grasping all the game acronyms (esp. all those 5-letter ones like CFBTL, EAPTM, CEFTK...etc.) and those were finally hyperlinked for ease. But I was able to get into pinball ownership b/c of Pinside.
    Now we're in an era of people who want to be "first" commenters on YT, and newbs who think they get some sort of entitlement and achievement by being an OP. Half the Pinside population doesn't take the time to do a 10sec search on if a thread exists before creating a duplicate thread and it muddies the waters on the site.
    It's not F'ing hard. If your thought/question/thread is original, create it. Just first see if it already exists. Just because you want to be the OP, doesn't mean jack. Just because you think your take needs to be heard by all, doesn't mean you create a redundant thread of one that already exists. Go post there. Your "hot take" doesn't justify a new thread and it's not more important than anyone else's here.
    The 2 identical Pulp Fiction Hype threads have countless posts about confusion between the threads (adding a poll to the 2nd is no different than Malibu Stacy getting a new hat). The 5 JJP Godfather Owner threads was more of the same. To boot, most of those threads are grouped in the wrong subcategory.
    Want this site to grow and be as good as it once was for incoming members? Ensure we keep putting information in the correct places. I know that's a tall task in the "me me me" Tik Tok era where you have to be the person announcing your feelings to a bunch of people who DGAF, but Pinside was once an easy to search encyclopedia of information and thoughts. But we risk it becoming an unsearchable mess of useless redundancy because it's more about the poster's fake clout and quick dopamine hit, than the actual hobby.
    Oh, and the "thread about threads" and "complaining about complaining" posts are tired. Carry on.

I’d point out the irony of you posting a wall of text in order to help “keep the site organized” and making multiple posts with your “me me me” hot takes about how you’re right and everyone is wrong and can’t make jokes and announcing your feelings to us but I assume it wouldn’t matter.

Please stop replying all!

#31 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Isn’t it the site’s responsibility?

I’d point out the irony of you posting a wall of text in order to help “keep the site organized” and making multiple posts with your “me me me” hot takes about how you’re right and everyone is wrong and can’t make jokes and announcing your feelings to us but I assume it wouldn’t matter.
    Please stop replying all!

If you’ve been on this site the past few weeks, OP was fully justified in bringing this up. Just because the mods haven’t caught up doesn’t mean the community can’t do better collectively.

So yeah, go on about my word count, and apparently put yourself in the “we need 2 different Pulp Fuction hype, and 5 different Godfather owners threads” camp.

Detail within a thread =/= having a ton of repeat threads. Hard to grasp?

#32 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

If you'd have spent 5 seconds searching you'd see this type of post has already been posted multiple times.

#33 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

If you’ve been on this site the past few weeks, OP was fully justified in bringing this up. Just because the mods haven’t caught up doesn’t mean the community can’t do better collectively.
    So yeah, go on about my word count, and apparently put yourself in the “we need 2 different Pulp Fuction hype, and 5 different Godfather owners threads” camp.
    Detail within a thread =/= having a ton of repeat threads. Hard to grasp?

So what information were you looking for about those titles specifically that took you such a colossal amount of time to find that you’ve spent just as much time posting here about it instead of reporting the threads or opening a moderator thread? You can put yourself in the “complaining about stuff on the internet that relates to games you don’t own” camp and then we can both be in fictional camps.

This wouldn’t be you “complaining about me complaining” would it? Those posts are tired I’ve heard.

#34 1 year ago
    Quoted from Zablon:

If you'd have spent 5 seconds searching you'd see this type of post has already been posted multiple times.

Woohoo! I was waiting for someone to make this obvious comment. So screengrab the search criteria that you did in 5 seconds that shows there are multiple 'number of owners threads' complaint threads. You want to equate to a search for already existing owners threads, or as easy to find as pricing bubble threads? Indulge me.

#35 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Woohoo! I was waiting for someone to make this obvious comment. So screengrab the search criteria that you did in 5 seconds that shows there are multiple 'number of owners threads' complaint threads. You want to equate to a search for already existing owners threads, or as easy to find as pricing bubble threads? Indulge me.

I'm just here for the pie, man.

#36 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Will you screen grab the search and results you were so overwhelmed with trying to find about pulp fiction and the godfather so we can see just how INSANE the results you had to slog through were? Indulge us!!!

#37 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

This wouldn’t be you “complaining about me complaining” would it? Those posts are tired I’ve heard.

Oh god, more inception "this about this about this".

Sack up. It's not that hard. Do you want endless numbers of owners threads for the same game, or not? OP has a 100% upvote rating, and all you're doing is trying to find cracks in the arguments backing that up for no reason.

You think we should have 2 independent Pulp Fiction hype threads?

#38 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

Will you screen grab the search and results you were so overwhelmed with trying to find about pulp fiction and the godfather so we can see just how INSANE the results you had to slog through were? Indulge us!!!

Oh wait, you mean this exact thing you suggest...?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-godfather-owners-family-is-everything#post-7469839

#39 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Oh god, more inception "this about this about this".
    Sack up. It's not that hard. Do you want endless numbers of owners threads for the same game, or not? OP has a 100% upvote rating, and all you're doing is trying to find cracks in the arguments backing that up for no reason.
    You think we should have 2 independent Pulp Fiction hype threads?

I don’t care if we do. I don’t care if we have 60. You’re asking a lot of questions and moving a lot of goalposts and not actually willing to do anything you think everyone else should though.

My email joke has more upvotes than your last post, so I guess it wins?

So, what information on those games were you looking for? Or is all you’re doing posting “for no reason”? Time to sack up and show us all!

#40 1 year ago

Actually, I'm tired of watching a bunch of grown men try to dictate what other grown men talk about. Get off your high horses, be nice, quit being dicks to each other and if you aren't interested in what is being discussed, stfu and skip those posts. You act like reading a forum is some valuable use of your time and everyone should cater to you. You aren't special.

/soapbox.

Also, we need more price threads.

#41 1 year ago

No, this is a list of threads. I want to know what you were trying to find out about these titles that sent you into crisis mode because you couldn’t find it in one of those easily.

#42 1 year ago
    Quoted from grantopia:

No, this is a list of threads. I want to know what you were trying to find out about these titles that sent you into crisis mode because you couldn’t find it in one of those easily.

I already showed how shit is getting muddy. Another GF thread was stupid today, similar to your counterpoints which are less “points” and more “I wanna be contrary”. Either say you want multiple owners threads for the same game or not. That’s what this thread is about. Black and white question.

#43 1 year ago

Whew. Lot to take in here. Let’s all take a second. Think back to a happier time a couple weeks ago when people were accusing Levi of not owning pinballs and posting nude selfies in their game room as proof.

But seriously, lot of passion here i wasn’t expecting. For sure this is me being whiny and picky. The irony of creating a thread about creating threads is also not lost on me.

Idk, it just got to me earlier, I guess I equate it to having a group text message with 6 people and then 2 people have a side convo that blows up everyone’s phones.

#44 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

no different than Malibu Stacy getting a new hat).

She's got a new hat!!

#45 1 year ago
    7endda.jpg7endda.jpg
    #46 1 year ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

No need to get so riled up guys, take it from me and my long history of being extremely calm and relaxed that there is no need to have a stroke over it

Corey!!! And the ultimate owners thread king ( there is only one Tron)

Good times back then Pinbud!!

#47 1 year ago

I could talk about somebody else's machine. But then I would not be the owner and it would almost be like stealing.

#48 1 year ago
    Quoted from jedimastermatt:

Super Deluxe Anniversary Limited Standard Premium Editions

Oooh…can I preorder one of those? I don’t care what game it is and how much it might cost. My wallet is wide open for teh new shiny!

#50 1 year ago

Join and complain! Or whatever grievance you have!

There are 66 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-stop-making-owners-threads- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.