Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 25 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by bluespin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif

#1 3 years ago

Pinside's rating standards are bunk...there you have it. My guess is the major manufacturers, as well as owners try to skew their ratings to increase the sales and market value of their games.

Is there a solution that fits? One way to eliminate this rigging of the system is to eliminate machines that have 500 verified ratings or less. To be fair, those with under 500 ratings could be included in an "Up and Coming" list.

Let a machine be thoroughly vetted before be rated against a machine that has been thoroughly vetted.

#2 3 years ago

Yea, known hot button.
    Here is one of the other topics on this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/abuse-of-rating-system-

There are many moe.

#3 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinheadJeff:

Pinside's rating standards are bunk...there you have it. My guess is the major manufacturers, as well as owners try to skew their ratings to increase the sales and market value of their games.
    Is there a solution that fits? One way to eliminate this rigging of the system is to eliminate machines that have 500 verified ratings or less. To be fair, those with under 500 ratings could be included in an "Up and Coming" list.
    Let a machine be thoroughly vetted before be rated against a machine that has been thoroughly vetted.

That was a great third post on Pinside. Keep up the good work

#4 3 years ago

How about we have new users make 500 posts before creating a new repeat topic?

#5 3 years ago

How about - who cares? Play what you like, don’t obsess about ratings.

#6 3 years ago

The amount newbies who obsess over the ratings and make threads about them PROVES that they work perfectly as is.

People don't seem to get the concept that the ratings aren't designed to be some scientifically vetted system of determining what are indeed the top pinball machines of all time in and in what order.

They exist to drive traffic to Pinside and in this context, they are absolutely perfect.

#7 3 years ago

No one cares about ratings, ever.

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinheadJeff:

the software for Stern Games (and others) might take 3 years to be called 'finished'
    should we wait and not rate them until 'finished'?

#9 3 years ago

Not a single player has ever thought to himself "Hmmmm, I wonder what other people think about the games I like? I better check the ratings! "

#10 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

ouch

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from PinheadJeff:

I helped you out with a up vote bud. Pinside gets easier.

#12 3 years ago

What ? you mean MM isnt the greatest game of all time?

no way.

#13 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Correct.

Except everyone!

There’s as many “The ratings are an outrage!” Threads here as there are “bubble burst” threads!

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct.
    Except everyone!
    There’s as many “The ratings are an outrage!” Threads here as there are “bubble burst” threads!

That reminds me... when does everyone think the bubble will burst?

if you can relate it to car prices somehow thats a bonus..

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from sunnRAT:

And 1000 before a FS ad.

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Bit of an overstatement, but everyone should definitely take the ratings with a big a#$ grain of salt. I like to read through ratings on games to see what others think. I may read a review and think they are completely off base, but I still like seeing others perspectives.

All that said, this thread is pointless.

#17 3 years ago

Top 100 is irrelevant.

Besides, the games ranked after 100 are mostly better anyways.

#18 3 years ago
    GrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gifGrossWearyAsiandamselfly-small.gif
    #19 3 years ago

This post comes up every few months, groundhog day is tomorrow.

#20 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Correct.
    Except everyone!

Those are not real players, those are just guys who feel insecure about their flaccid penises.

Real players simply play pinball, they don't care if AFM is actually better than MM

#21 3 years ago

All newbs seem to obsess over ratings. And toppers. And most buy primarily NIB, which explains why the top 10 or 11 have been made in the past few years. And why they are pining for the others to be "re-made".

#22 3 years ago

When you’re confused, you let the ratings make your decisions for you.

#23 3 years ago

The best part of these threads is the OP starts it.
    All of pinside responds
    800 posts later the OP comes back to the thread and decides post 327 is worth responding to with something like:

“Yeah I played that one too and thought it was easy”
    Or
    “That makes sense since my cousin lives outside of Buffalo”

Then never returns.

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from Electrocute:

When you’re confused you let the ratings make your decisions for you.

Exactly.

Just because Briggerton is the #1 show on Netflix, does not mean I'd spend a single second of my life watching it

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from JustEverett:

All that said, this thread is pointless.

Unless this post was click bait, or the OP just wants attention.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-revise-the-rating-guidelines?hl=mrm_4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.