6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 7 posts
  • 5 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by DCFAN
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 6 years ago

Use a switch power supply:

http://a.co/bYKqI0u

You can hook it inside the cabinet (after the power switch), so no additional power wires are necessary. This will supply all the 12v you will need. You can also buy ones that supply both 12v and 5v if you have other mods.

I used one similar to this in my CFTBL, the 12v is already taxed on that machine.

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

djblouw thank for this!
    I’m completely green when it comes to this matter. How does power get to the switching supply? I also presume I’d snip the connector to the mod, which color wire goes to which connector on the switching power supply? Cheers and sorry for the annoying follow up questions!

You'll need to put the switch power supply in the circuit between the power switch and the transformer. That way, the power supply is only on when the game is on. You can remove some of the insulation on each line (don't cut the stranded wire), and wrap it around the screw terminal, Line (hot), neutral, and ground.

To attach your mod, yes, you'll need to cut the current connector off, strip the ends, and place them in the screw terminals of the switch power supply. Black is ground. Red is +12v. I've found that if you have a few mods to plug it it's much cleaner to get a power splitter for this. Pinball Life sells them (listed for stern machines, but can be used on any game).

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djblouw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-recommend-a-12v-power-supply-for-a-wpc?tu=djblouw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.