• Abra Ca Dabra 22 votes
    31%
  • Centigrade 37 19 votes
    26%

(72 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Backglass_(resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

This is about Gottliebs. We all know Bally and Williams hold the top spots in the EM 100, so quit poo pooing on our little wedgehead club please.

#52 7 years ago

Ha, I'm a Williams man and even I was starting to feel a little bad about how this thread ended up.

#53 7 years ago

Sorry, I was just hopping on the bandwagon here. That Heat Wave arrived two days ago and although I had never played one before, it looks like it will be staying for quite some time. Of course here we prefer two inch flipper games no matter what the brand.

#54 7 years ago

Sorry about that Chief. I'm outta here

#55 7 years ago

I wouldn't feel bad, there's been plenty of other threads about Williams or Bally games interrupted by people telling you Gottlieb is the only true worthy game and to stop wasting time with these "boat anchors."

#56 7 years ago

I've got so many boat anchors, the ship is now sinking...

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've got so many boat anchors, the ship is now sinking...

into the ocean of FUN.

#58 7 years ago

Oh Man! Thought there was an EM Basement fight going to happen.
But it appears all is good.

As it really is just good old EM pinball discussion.

P.S. O-din, if you purchase any more pins you are going to have to buy the next door neighbors house.

#59 7 years ago

I hit over max capacity over the last week but the problem is they all seem like keepers now and keep getting better. Some problem eh? But I did cancel all my wanted ads, so that must be a step in the right direction.

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I did cancel all my wanted ads, so that must be a step in the right direction.

You know Eager Beaver is going to show up for sale in Fullerton for $200 now don't you.

#61 7 years ago

C37
ACD
Atlantis

#62 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

But it appears all is good.
As it really is just good old EM pinball discussion.
P.S. O-din, if you purchase any more pins you are going to have to buy the next door neighbors house.

With what? He's burned through all his money buying games...

I thought I was the only one who is at max capacity but there's always "just one more..."

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

"just one more..."

This folks is a "True Statement".

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

This folks is a "True Statement".

Not when you are getting three at a time.

#65 7 years ago

Here is a hint to other Pinsiders.

You know you are buying a lot of pins, all at once, "When your Parts Supplier has your cell phone number on his speed dial."

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I wouldn't feel bad, there's been plenty of other threads about Williams or Bally games interrupted by people telling you Gottlieb is the only true worthy game and to stop wasting time with these "boat anchors."

That was the joke.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Heat Wave is a really good game, but I don't think it's even the best reverse wedgehead of that time period. I think River Boat is a better game. And yes, I've played them both. I will admit to some bias as I own RB, but I've played Heat Wave enough that I feel RB is just better all around. HW is really good, but RB is just a better overall game. The backbox animation is cool, but to me the play of RB is superior. A friend had one and if I could have swung it I would have bought it, I would have been happy to have it, but if it came down to keeping one, RB would win.
On C37, it has "tooty fruity" colors that aren't "manly" enough? Seriously?

There are so many good reverse wedgeheads, it's hard to put them in order, but I have to say Heatwave is at the top of the list. I do find it funny how people compare Heatwave and Centigrade as if they are similar in any way aside from both having a thermometer on the BG. I could see myself possibly giving up my Centigrade one day, but never Heatwave.
I would say if I had an opportunity to trade my centigrade for an Atlantis, i might consider it. AC I would like to own, but not before an Atlantis or Centigrade. And I cant get past the artwork on TO, sorry guys, not a big sports fan. So that is my order of preference.

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

That was the joke.

The internet is hard...

#69 7 years ago

To be fair when the OP changed the title to how would you rank these four pins, and only listed three in the poll, it seemed like there was a lot of mention of Heat Wave in this thread besides the other three. I rate games against games, not brands against brands. That's what factors into what's coming or going at my place.

#70 7 years ago

I'd like a Team one with Abra artwork please.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I'd like a Team one with Abra artwork please.

Would I be pushing my luck if I said I want a Team One with this artworK?

Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

#72 7 years ago

Nah, I'd set that up next to my Team Abra.

#73 7 years ago

Soccer might make the cut all on it's own.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Soccer might make the cut all on it's own.

Another fun game from my limited experience on it.

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Another fun game from my limited experience on it.

I'll put it next to the other four games I now have to get as a result of this thread.

#76 7 years ago

I have all three and I really like C37 better than the other two.

C37
Atlantis
ACD

I would put Volley above all three.

#77 7 years ago

I own Atlantis but like my Sky Jump more. Simple but fun. I wanted that Volley in north Fl but doubt that will work out. Seller changed the price. Probably learned of my interest.

#78 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I own Atlantis but like my Sky Jump more. Simple but fun. I wanted that Volley in north Fl but doubt that will work out. Seller changed the price. Probably learned of my interest.

Well, thankfully I have Sky Jump already, so this won't tempt me any...

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

OK Baby, it's back on
Actually I like the fact that people think the GWedgies are teh hawtness. That leaves more of the good ones for those of us in the know. Although the prices I have been hearing for a Heat Wave are seriously out of my league.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

You know Eager Beaver is going to show up for sale in Fullerton for $200 now don't you.

So would Odin's stove... You're implying that he wouldn't magically "make room"!

In regards to the manufacturer arguments, own what you like and there's no shame in owning multiple kinds of course! My basement is a clusterf*** of Gottlieb, Williams, and my first Bally is going to be Star Jet once it's down there, I love the variety and they're all mixed together (besides the Gottlieb wedgehead row and reserved extra space for that) including SS and EM looking like some variation of a very fun Pinfest row (everything mashed together), lol. Screw the rating system. Like you what like. This is starting to sound like an argument in the DMD forums... "But muh ratings!!!!!"

#81 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Screw the rating system. Like you what like. This is starting to sound like an argument in the DMD forums... "But muh ratings!!!!!"

What he said! If it's rated low by the masses, that just lowers the price for the rest of us who don't care. Theoretically.

#82 7 years ago

Atlantis
C37
...much between like 2001, Sing Along, Rack A Ball, Sky Jump, Jacks Open, Drop A Card
AbraCaDabra
Team One
--
Chris Hibler - CARGPB #31
http://ChrisHiblerPinball.com/contact/
http://webpages.charter.net/chibler/Pinball/index.htm
http://www.PinWiki.com - The Place to go for Pinball Repair Info

#83 7 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

What he said! If it's rated low by the masses, that just lowers the price for the rest of us who don't care. Theoretically.

Definitely.

I truly keep an open mind (not only by buying EMs in the first place at my age, unexpected to most) in buying games. If I see a cheap game that really isn't deemed much fun and I want to jump on it, I do it. (or used to, I'm running out of room to do that now and just buy wishlist games)

I can really have fun on just about any game from the EM era, because if you don't like them most of them are pretty quick anyways. I try to look at this way, no matter how dull the action or playfield is, go for your high score if there's no other good reason to play it. There is no score "limit" to pinball, even if you run out of reels/digits, they'll (theoretically) roll over forever. I use this reference a lot: My first game in my opinion is one of the worst games ever created in terms of playfield layout and I bought it by being new to the hobby and not knowing but I still haven't wanted to get rid of it and I'm looking forward to finally setting it up again after taking it down months and months ago, tuning it up and fixing all of my amateur "repairs", and making it run nice and just having to squeeze every point out of it I can on the last ball and locking the balls for an extra ball, which is really the only interesting feature on the entire playfield (and that's even an overstatement), to really up the points. I guess I'm an overly optimistic kind of guy.

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2138&picno=13866

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
2,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Downingtown, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Staunton, VA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Lincoln, MI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 5.95
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 15.00
Lighting
Space Coast Pinball
Lighting
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-rank-these-3-pins/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.