• Atlantis 30 votes
    42%
  • Abra Ca Dabra 22 votes
    31%
  • Centigrade 37 19 votes
    27%

(71 votes)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Backglass_(resized).jpg

There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hi

If you own, or have put in a lot of time on these following 3 Gottlieb EM pins:

Atlantis
Abra Ca Dabra
Centigrade 37
Team One

Please do me a favor and rate these pinball machines from 1-3 (1 being the best), in your opinion for game play, fun factor, being addictive and just wanting to go back and play that 1 more game on it!

Also, do you think that Atlantis & Centigrade 37, are pretty close to being the same type of game, with there playfield layout? THANKS!

Dan

#2 3 years ago

I personally like Centigrade 37 the best

Atlantis will likely win popular vote.

Centigrade 37
Atlantis
Abra Ca Dabra

in that order for me.

#3 3 years ago

Atlantis! but I have not played the others (more than once or twice)..except Team One...which is the better player Abcd aab.
Mine's one of the 'twins' on Ipdb.
Thinking about getting one, Dan?

#4 3 years ago

Presqueisle

Yes, I would like to add 1 or 2 of those to my collection ... but ... it has to be in very, very nice condition and shape, both cosmetically and mechanically. Even though I am out of room & money

#5 3 years ago

*you are able to add p&bs and other games to your Pinside collection. Maybe someone's open to trades if you need to free up space...

#6 3 years ago

I'm actually going abra on this one. C37 is a classic for sure, but the 'uniqueness' of abra wins out for me. Not a huge fan of Atlantis' layout...although I haven't played it.

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

*you are able to add p&bs and other games to your Pinside collection. Maybe someone's open to trades if you need to free up space...

I could NOT sell either of my pitch & bats, they are my pride and joy and would fetch big money. BOTH are completely restored inside and out and are pristine. They are 2 of the best ever made.

1955 United "DELUXE SUPER SLUGGER"
1957 Williams "DELUXE BASEBALL"

#8 3 years ago

I know, it's hard to let go of certain games, without a trade of some sort. Gotta keep the game room filled!

#9 3 years ago

1. ACD
2. C37
3. Atlantis

(Go Pack!)

#10 3 years ago

Had C37 - Fun - Cool - weak ruleset long term. 3

Had Lawman as a kid - Atlantis 4 years before Atlantis with a bonus ladder instead of the 5K 2 at once drop target trigger.
Good, and good looking. 2

Abra Cadabra - Best of the 3 IMHO. More to do - drops on both sides - deeper rules - topside bumper slings.
Will add one of these days. 1

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

1. ACD
2. C37
3. Atlantis
(Go Pack!)

A Packer's fan from Michigan ... AWESOME ...

#12 3 years ago

1) ACD
2) Atlantis
3) C-37

Recently sold my Atlantis to pay bills and kept my ACD as it has better flow, is more fun, and fast. Atlantis is a very good game but the bagatelle lanes slow things down quite a bit, same as C-37 which I don't find that great a player, and would never own for my small collection so that's why I have a Williams Heat Wave instead as the Gameplay kicks C-37's butt, better art/colors, and I still get a
thermometer.

As far as "Team One" I don't do AAB's so I have no info for you on that one.

Just my 2 cents.

#13 3 years ago

1. Atlantis
2. C37
3. ACD

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from presqueisle:

Atlantis! but I have not played the others (more than once or twice)..except Team One...which is the better player Abcd aab.
Mine's one of the 'twins' on Ipdb.
Thinking about getting one, Dan?

THANKS for the information. I did not know that "TEAM ONE" was the AAB version of "Abra Ca Dabra"

Now I have to figure out how to add "Team One" to my poll and have these 4 pins to choose from

#15 3 years ago

The art snobs will poo poo Team One! but it has received the nod before as a better player. *I do happen to be biased and own a TO, for the record. There was a nice one listed in the Marketplace.
Edit-looking at your collection...you like aabs, so Team One it is! Probably 1/2 the price too as these are under the radar, and people like their sorcerers and wizards!

#16 3 years ago

I guess I can NOT add "Team One" to my poll now???

#17 3 years ago

TO- Easier to find in premium shape too.

#18 3 years ago

I agree Team One is the better player all around compared to the others

#19 3 years ago

All the Wisconsin guys are going to go for the AAB. I haven't played it so I can't rank it. I have played the other three, own two of them and have a friend who owns C37.

1. Atlantis
2. ACD
3. C37

Abra I think is the best looking of the bunch, C37 not far behind, and Atlantis third, and its art is good. It's just that ACD and C37 art is so good. Two of the best looking games ever made.

I find Atlantis to be a better player than ACD, but it's not a huge gap. They're really, really close. I think Jacks Open is maybe better than all of them but it's not in this poll.

You own a couple of these games and you've got some good ones. I don't think C37 play ranks near Atlantis or ACD but it gets a lot of points for being a looker, and it's not a bad player, but the others are just so good.

#20 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

so that's why I have a Williams Heat Wave instead as the Gameplay kicks C-37's butt, better art/colors, and I still get a thermometer.

I played Heat Wave for the first time @ PAGG this year. Must have played 40-50 games over the course of the weekend. L - U - V it! Totally shot to the top of my wishlist. Chuck those silly Gottliebs. Heat Wave is pure fun!

#21 3 years ago

I'm with EM-Pinman.

Abra Ca Dabra, closely followed by Altantis, and then Centigrade.

#22 3 years ago

Abra Ca Dabra
Atlantis
C-37

We own Abra Ca Dabra and Atlantis, I like Abra enough to buy a second one to restore. I also really like our Atlantis and play it often. The C-37 is a real looker, and it's on my want list for that reason, not for its playability. And I've played it a lot. Team One I have not played, though there was one at PAGG, I didn't get my hands on it.

#23 3 years ago

As you can tell by my Avatar I'm C37 all day long!

#24 3 years ago

I own all 3 - fantastic games and tough poll .. My ranking would change from month to month

Let's go

Atlantis - rule set
C37 - art
Abra - gets me soooo frustrated !

For now ...

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Heat Wave is pure fun!

It is fun on so many levels.
You can feel accomplished, even with an average game.
A true got so close,
that one has to drop another dime to try again game.

#26 3 years ago

1) ACD
2) Atlantis
3) C-37

#28 3 years ago

I also vote for Heat Wave.

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I also vote for Heat Wave.

Mine's coming between 8 and noon tomorrow.

#30 3 years ago

There are a lot of fun, if not more fun EM's than those 3 with the bonus being you won't get taken to the cleaners on price. I vote for none of them, instead get 3 other great games for the price of 1 of those listed.

I have owned and sold all 3 of them

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mine's coming between 8 and noon tomorrow.

Hey yodin you were supposed to find me one.

#32 3 years ago

1-C37
2-Abra
3-Atlantis

#33 3 years ago

ACD best artwork and rule set. C-37 has the large coin door and I prefer 64-75 doors. C-37 also has some tooty fruity colors not manly enough for me,but thumbs up on the back box animation . And then Atlantis I hate the layout! Sold my lawman after 100 plays .

ACD
C-37
Atlantis

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

I played Heat Wave for the first time @ PAGG this year. Must have played 40-50 games over the course of the weekend. L - U - V it! Totally shot to the top of my wishlist. Chuck those silly Gottliebs. Heat Wave is pure fun!

... also played the Team One, Atlantis, and C37. Team one is probably the better player out of the Gottlieb products mentioned.

Could probably make a spot for Heat Wave here - the others meh.

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

Hi
If you own, or have put in a lot of time on these following 3 Gottlieb EM pins:
Atlantis
Abra Ca Dabra
Centigrade 37
Team One
Please do me a favor and rate these pinball machines from 1-3 (1 being the best), in your opinion for game play, fun factor, being addictive and just wanting to go back and play that 1 more game on it!
Also, do you think that Atlantis & Centigrade 37, are pretty close to being the same type of game, with there playfield layout? THANKS!
Dan

Atlantis is best - great ruleset and layout.
Team one is fun with a great ruleset also. Bad art and theme.
Abra cadabra is equal id say to team one - I prefer the add a ball but Abra looks way cooler.
C37 sucks. It's just way too easy. But it looks great and that's enough for many em buyers.

I've owned all of these games.

#36 3 years ago

I have these three & all great machines in their own right. My ranking:

1. AcD/C37/Atlantis-no second or third place.

#37 3 years ago

1) Atlantis
2) ACD
3) C-37

I have not played Team One.

I have to agree with Levi. C-37 has a much weaker ruleset than the other two, but the artwork puts it back in the game.

#38 3 years ago

I have these 3 titles in my collection.

IMHO :

1/ Atlantis AND Centigrade 37 > the same rank to me, very addictive pinballs !
3/ Abra ca dabra

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from DB62:

I guess I can NOT add "Team One" to my poll now???

Quoted from fireball2:

Hey yodin you were supposed to find me one.

You may be waiting a while brother!

#40 3 years ago

Like others, I own all 3 also.

Really tough to rank as I really enjoy all 3. Today's ranking is:
1a. C37
1b. ACD
1c. Atlantis

They are really that close to me.

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You may be waiting a while brother!

Yeah...the guy @ PAGG (I hope he's not here) wanted 3 grand for his fairly nice player's model. D'oh!
It is now one of my all-time faves, but 3k, really?!

#42 3 years ago

Heat Wave is a really good game, but I don't think it's even the best reverse wedgehead of that time period. I think River Boat is a better game. And yes, I've played them both. I will admit to some bias as I own RB, but I've played Heat Wave enough that I feel RB is just better all around. HW is really good, but RB is just a better overall game. The backbox animation is cool, but to me the play of RB is superior. A friend had one and if I could have swung it I would have bought it, I would have been happy to have it, but if it came down to keeping one, RB would win.

On C37, it has "tooty fruity" colors that aren't "manly" enough? Seriously?

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I think River Boat is a better game.

Ok Daddio, next time I am in KC, I'ma gonna give you a drive-by and play it!

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I just looked it up on ipdb, and I like the look A LOT. We have the swinging target in the center like Space Mission (one of the all-time greats) later on, and the double outlane thing, with the save possibilities, and I love the rollunder in the in middle up top, like the one in my San Francisco, a beauty looking skill shot for the plunge, a nice pop bumper cluster for some hot action... this looks right up my alley.

#45 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

How do you get the third Joker?

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

How do you get the third Joker?

Either of the standup targets gives you a joker. It's not side dependent, if that is what you were asking. The devil on the jokers is, you have to get them all on one ball, or out they go. And they can be a sucker shot, can result in a SDTM. The swinging target can also if you miss.

The plunger shot is crucial. It's 150 points, and can be 250 if the 100 point bumper below the rollover is lit when the ball comes through. Gets you a card, also. The genius of the bumpers is you get all of them lit and the rollunder is worth 100, but then the ball comes down and hits a rollover button and turns off either the green or yellow bumpers, and there goes your rollunder.

The key to whipping it by score is getting that plunger shot, and getting the 100 point bumper lit and keeping it lit with the ball up there. Hitting the dead bumpers up top, which is easy to do when the ball is up there, will advance the card that is lit and turn it off.

You get a replay at the end of the game if you have all the cards lit. There's just so many things to do on the game. One great design and rule set. I'm not at all saying Heat Wave isn't a good game. It is. Might even be a great one. I just think there's more to accomplish on RB and I've always been kind of surprised by their respective rankings on IPDB.

If you come here, you're welcome to come play it. We have a couple of other games in common, Ding Dong, which I still own, and Triple Action, which I restored but have sold on. Fun game though.

#47 3 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Triple Action, which I restore

Where did you find the rubbers for the spinner? My TA is nice except for the old rubber on the spinner.

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Ding Dong, which I still own

LUV that game. My record is all but one letter lit. One of the hardest games to beat and one of the most fun to try. Just need a Teacher's Pet to go alongside.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Where did you find the rubbers for the spinner? My TA is nice except for the old rubber on the spinner..

Pinball Resource. WLL-23A6531

Quoted from EMsInKC:

Heat Wave is a really good game, but I don't think it's even the best reverse wedgehead of that time period. I think River Boat is a better game. ...

I like Skill Pool. A lot.

#49 3 years ago

I've gotten all the letters lit on Ding Dong, but you won't do it very often due to the specials resetting after a drain. Very, very seldom that it gets done.

As noted above, PBR has the spinner rubber. I took that spinner completely apart and cleaned it all up and used a tiny drop of machine oil in the bearing and that baby spun like crazy. Fun game.

I've only played Skill Pool one time, and the game was in an antique shop and was in pretty poor shape, but it was a very restorable game. I almost pulled the trigger on it, but didn't. Then I decided to get it, went back, and it was gone. Hesitated and lost.

#50 3 years ago

Atlantis
Abra Ca Dabra
C37

Agree with EMsInKC, Riverboat over Heatwave.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
$ 279.95
2,750 (OBO)
Sale Pending!
Colleyville, TX
$ 279.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colleyville, TX
Machine - For Sale
Santa Rosa, CA
There are 83 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside