(Topic ID: 21404)

Let's see your swapped-in CPR playfields!

By swampfire

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 68 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by John_in_NC
  • Topic is favorited by 10 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20180216_173258 (resized).jpg
20180216_173248 (resized).jpg
20180207_150523 (resized).jpg
20180206_133639 (resized).jpg
IMG_5581.jpg
IMG_5584.jpg
IMG_5583.jpg
polished.jpg
DSC06444sm.JPG
DSC06368.JPG
IMG_2988.JPG
IMG_2989.JPG
IMG_2987.JPG
IMG_3164.JPG
IMG_3110.JPG
201501-HS-blue-flippers2.jpg
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 11 years ago

Let's show off those classic SS pins, made new again by CPR! I'll post my BK tonight; I need to take some better pics with the glass off and no flash.

#2 11 years ago

I need to get busy on my Xenon and Flash Gordon!

#3 11 years ago

Here's some pics of my Firepower. For those interested, the full playfield swap thread is here: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/firepower-playfield-swap-wpics

EDIT: It should also be mentioned that a playfield from CPR not only looks pretty - the difference in gameplay is amazing - the ball is SO MUCH faster on the new playfield.

DSC02967.jpgDSC02967.jpg DSC02969.jpgDSC02969.jpg DSC03312.jpgDSC03312.jpg DSC03316.jpgDSC03316.jpg DSC03322.jpgDSC03322.jpg

#4 11 years ago

Sunking - That is one Sexy Lookin' Machine!

#5 11 years ago

Here's my Flash Gordon that I recently completed.

fgpf4.jpgfgpf4.jpg fgpf1.jpgfgpf1.jpg fgpf2.jpgfgpf2.jpg fgpf3.jpgfgpf3.jpg

#6 11 years ago

Shout out to Jim Smith for the awesome artwork he did on Firepower & to Jim Heck for the Flash Gordon artwork....A Lot of Hours put into the artwork.....

Stu

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Shout out to Jim Smith for the awesome artwork he did on Firepower & to Jim Heck for the Flash Gordon artwork....A Lot of Hours put into the artwork.....

Absolutely! If it weren't for these amazingly talented and dedicated guys we would have lots of blown out pins in our collections.

And thanks to you Stu, for dealing with all of the complainers and all of the art that you have personally completed.

#8 11 years ago

I just want to know when Space Shuttle backglasses will get done. Were they done in the past and I just missed it?

I'm deathly afraid that my nice one will just suddenly decide to give up the ghost and drop ink like a snake shedding...only a matter of time, right?

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

I just want to know when Space Shuttle backglasses will get done. Were they done in the past and I just missed it?
I'm deathly afraid that my nice one will just suddenly decide to give up the ghost and drop ink like a snake shedding...only a matter of time, right?

If stored properly, I wouldn't think you would have any issues with the glass. There are many games much older than SS, that still have perfectly nice backglasses.

#10 11 years ago

Craigmack,

Thanks!...and be sure to keep an eye out for more new Backglasses (about 19 of them that I have recently finished), including a few nice surprises! Not letting the cat out of the bag on titles, it's a surprise. Also not that I just received a new cmyk backglass from CPR and everyone can rest peacefully that we Have got the process down pat — so no more over-saturation of colors, which means they will all be a lot closer to the original backglass look. Although a repro will Never be 100% accurate to the original as we are using pre-existing 'already screened' backglasses to scan for our artwork which means by the time we are done printing the repros we are 8th generation into the original art (like making a copy of a copy of a copy, etc.)....but this backglass I just received (not released to the public) is Beautiful!

Stay tuned....I have a lot more coming!

Stu

#11 11 years ago

Artwork for Space Shuttle Backglass is in the process of being drawn.....

Stu

#12 11 years ago

Awesome. I look forward to buying one.

#13 11 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Here's my Flash Gordon that I recently completed.

I want to come play that now that it is all done.

Also, when are you planning on doing centar? Happy to help with it this fall if you want a hand again.

#14 11 years ago

I'm really looking forward to Whirlwind.

#15 11 years ago

Here is a video of my black knight swap

Skip ahead to 24 seconds in.

#16 11 years ago

Here is a clear coated Frank Thomas I did. (Sorry not CPR) But is was NOS and then clear coated.

#17 11 years ago

Here is funhouse (IPB) not CPR

Skip to 30 seconds in. Sorry for shaky cam.

#18 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Artwork for Space Shuttle Backglass is in the process of being drawn

Someone has space shuttle artwork. I bought a translite from someone, even has mirror backing

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I want to come play that now that it is all done.
Also, when are you planning on doing centar? Happy to help with it this fall if you want a hand again.

You're definitely welcome to stop over sometime soon for some pinball! I need to stop out and see your newest games as well. The Flash Gordon plays great, but it's tough! I just got done playing about 5 games in a span of about 10 minutes.

I'm going to wait until Fall/Winter to start the Centaur. It's just too busy over the Summer and I'm still playing the game too much to want to have it in pieces for 2-3 months. Plus it gives me something to look forward to over the cold winter months

#20 11 years ago
Quoted from eabundy:

Here is a video of my black knight swap
» YouTube video
Skip ahead to 24 seconds in.

Nice! I think I'll install the proto lane guides on mine too. The LEDs look good in the feature lamps.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from SunKing:

It should also be mentioned that a playfield from CPR not only looks pretty - the difference in gameplay is amazing

jim smith did an amazing job on recreating the artwork for firepower and he's a really nice guy as well. congrats on your swap, it looks amazing!

#22 11 years ago

swampfire, are you referring to the new Lane Guide Plastics that came with the CPR Plastics Set? If so, those are not Protos, they are simply an add-on to the new plastics set. When Jim asked me to look over his artwork I told him he should include some "extras" in the set including Custom Lane Guide plastics, which he did....

Stu

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

swampfire, are you referring to the new Lane Guide Plastics that came with the CPR Plastics Set? If so, those are not Protos, they are simply an add-on to the new plastics set. When Jim asked me to look over his artwork I told him he should include some "extras" in the set including Custom Lane Guide plastics, which he did....
Stu

Very interesting! Well, they look great.

#24 11 years ago

Finally got time to take some pics of my CPR BK. More here: http://goo.gl/Xxqtr JMS3548-X2.jpgJMS3548-X2.jpg
JMS3564-X2.jpgJMS3564-X2.jpg

#25 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Artwork for Space Shuttle Backglass is in the process of being drawn.....
Stu

damn... about time,

i never understood why they don't do it together (playfield and backglass) that way we can finish our restoration and not wait one year... in that case maybe another year it's only in the process...

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Finally got time to take some pics of my CPR BK

Damn, that looks GOOD!!

#27 11 years ago

Nice! I think I'll install the proto lane guides on mine too. The LEDs look good in the feature lamps.

I tried LEDs in the GI and didn't like how they looked, so I swapped them back out. I do recommend using non ghosting LEDs in the controlled lights, and they look great in my opinion.

IMG_1740_(Large).JPGIMG_1740_(Large).JPG
IMG_1738_(Large).JPGIMG_1738_(Large).JPG

#28 11 years ago

Beatmaster,

The reason the Space Shuttle Playfield & Backglass did not get produced together is because it's the same artist working on both art packages. Ed took his time working on the Playfield, while he was working his day job at NASA. Now he is also working on the Backglass, while still working his day job, attending family matters, etc. Remember: the CPR artists DO have regular jobs as well as families, and other responsibilities and dont do artwork for CPR 24/7. We take what we can get — When we can get it.

On the other hand, we could have waited another couple of years to release the Space Shuttle Playfield until the Backglass was ready....Hmmm, maybe we should make everyone Wait for their Playfields until we are ready to release the Playfield, Backglass and Plastics all at the same time....Yeah that would make everybody happy...LOL

Stu

#29 11 years ago

Just trying to put things into proper perspective....

Stu

#30 11 years ago
Quoted from Craigmack:

I need to get busy on my Xenon and Flash Gordon!

Glad to hear u got your Flash gordon. Working on my swap now.

#31 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

Stu

Yes, Jim & Jim did amazing jobs on these. Thanks guys! and Thanks to Stu for all his work, now get off this forum and crack the whip on Diner! lol See ya Sat

#32 11 years ago

ya know, a few years back I was able to swap Playfields & fully restore several of my classic Bally pins from ground up, including Xenon, KISS, Fathom, EBD, and Centaur. I currently have 16 Classic bally titles waiting for restorations, and several of them I already have CPR Playfields waiting here to be swapped, and I have the following pins that I'm waiting on my new CPR Playfields for so I can restore them as well: Strikes & Spares, Silverball Mania, and Mata Hari. Also waiting on Taxi, and Fire Playfields. With all that I have here in New & Repro parts I could restore about 5 more pins in my collection of 64 pins, I can just never find the time any more! I see all the pictures of people swapping out their playfields and restoring their games – that I'm jealous that I can't find the time to do my own!

I'm thinking if I took a couple of years off from doing CPR artwork that I could probably catch up on some restorations.......

#33 11 years ago
Quoted from Stu:

my collection of 64 pins, I can just never find the time any more! I see all the pictures of people swapping out their playfields and restoring their games – that I'm jealous that I can't find the time to do my own!

I'll trade you my spare time for your 64 pins.

9 months later
#34 10 years ago

Thread resurrection - let's get some finished WW pics in here!

1 year later
#35 9 years ago

Bump! I still haven't started my WW or Fathom, but this is the year! I want to bring both of them to SFGE 2015.

#36 9 years ago

I'd like to see an installed CPR Bobby Orr Power Play playfield ..anyone?

#37 9 years ago

he following post for a BOPP Restoration, the OP might have additional pics of the Swapped CPR PF:
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bobby-orr-power-play-cabinet-restore-pics

#38 9 years ago

Here's a few...Fathom, KISS and High Speed.

New Cabinet 4.JPGNew Cabinet 4.JPG
Done 2.JPGDone 2.JPG
IMG_0395A.jpgIMG_0395A.jpg

IMG_0298-516.JPGIMG_0298-516.JPG
#40 9 years ago

really, bummer, sorry > ma bad.....

1 week later
#41 9 years ago

CPR Silverball Mania (Bronze Class) that I swapped in for Klassic Arcade.

2014-07-06 14.07.50.jpg2014-07-06 14.07.50.jpg

The BEFORE shot...

2014-05-27 18.13.46.jpg2014-05-27 18.13.46.jpg

#42 9 years ago
Quoted from schudel5:

CPR Silverball Mania (Bronze Class) that I swapped in for Klassic Arcade.

Looks beautiful Mike!

#43 9 years ago

Heres my Gold Black Knight.20140509_205311.jpg20140509_205311.jpg20140509_205209.jpg20140509_205209.jpg20140509_204952.jpg20140509_204952.jpg

3 months later
#44 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Finally got time to take some pics of my CPR BK. More here: http://goo.gl/Xxqtr

Sorry, bad link (and now I can't edit my original post).

EDIT: I might as well post them all here...

JMS_3564-X3-49.jpgJMS_3564-X3-49.jpg
JMS_3548-X3-283.jpgJMS_3548-X3-283.jpg
JMS_3566-X3-483.jpgJMS_3566-X3-483.jpg
JMS_3565-X3.jpgJMS_3565-X3.jpg
JMS_3560-X3.jpgJMS_3560-X3.jpg
JMS_3552-X3.jpgJMS_3552-X3.jpg

#45 9 years ago

Here is Flash gordon, my fav pin other than BSD. This one is gone for good, burned with the house and forest
IMG_0903.JPGIMG_0903.JPGIMG_0902.jpgIMG_0902.jpg
Silverball has a new good home
IMG_1008.jpgIMG_1008.jpgIMG_1006.jpgIMG_1006.jpg
Taxi is looking for a new home, $2500
IMG_1173.JPGIMG_1173.JPGIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1469.JPGIMG_1469.JPG
Not CPR but doesnt hurt to look at some other good ones. WH20 has Mirco PF's and Frontier has fresh CC
IMG_1532.jpgIMG_1532.jpgIMG_1506.jpgIMG_1506.jpg

#47 9 years ago

playboy (couldn't find the others).

that was part of my full playboy restoration.

old playboy playfield.jpgold playboy playfield.jpg Playboy new playfield.JPGPlayboy new playfield.JPG Plaboy restoration.pngPlaboy restoration.png
#48 9 years ago

Wow.

image-79.jpgimage-79.jpg
7 months later
#49 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Thread resurrection - let's get some finished WW pics in here!

Yup! How about some Fire! pics

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RobTune

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 29.00
$ 169.00
$ 35.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

3,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Birmingham, AL
6,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Akron, OH
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westjordan, UT
$ 179.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 68 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-post-pics-of-your-swapped-in-cpr-playfields and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.