(Topic ID: 66840)

Please post BoP 2.0 hands-on impressions and reviews here!

By alveolus

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I'm dying to hear some gameplay specifics and impressions of the new BoP. Please help a guy out!
Thanks!

#2 10 years ago

Was gonna star this thread as well, honest impressions would be awesome!

#3 10 years ago

Can't wait to hear impressions !

#4 10 years ago

Super F'in cool and amazing!!!! You can choose the classic play or the new Dutch Bop. Graphics and stereo sound are top notch. It's not cheap, but worth it. 3 ball multi ball, spell pinbot multi ball, wizard modes.

#5 10 years ago

Honestly, it makes this an entirely different pin. If a Color DMD was available, it would be very desirable. I played about 10 games and really enjoyed it. It was on par with many of the A titles. Very well executed.

#6 10 years ago

Huh where is this info from?

#7 10 years ago

Holy crap... The full kit is $1774.15 after Euro to U.S. conversion. I'm out.

#9 10 years ago

Is this a limited run or will this be available from now on?

#10 10 years ago

Look great, plays great. Still has bugs but I got on the list for it today. I did cause it to get goofy but it's still not computer.gameplay vid is on my Facebook page.

#11 10 years ago

I have been waiting years for this mod to be available for sale... but that price WAY more than I paid for my freakin' machine. I was hoping it would be around $500-800, but at over $1700, I can't justify it

#12 10 years ago

Ya I was hoping 1000-1200 cnd , but it's gonna be really hard to pass it up .

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I was hoping it would be around $500-800

You knew it would cost more than that, because of the cost of the P-roc and LED DMD alone.

You are getting:

P-ROC controller board + mount = $400
Mini-PC $350
LED Dot Matrix Display $300
New speaker panel = $150
High fidelity speaker set $50
Stereo Amplifier $50
Cables $40
BOP 2.0 software $?

So how was all that going to possibly cost $500?

(let alone the guys need to make a profit from 3 years of hard work)

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You knew it would cost more than that, because of the cost of the P-roc and LED DMD alone.
You are getting:
Mini-PC $350
New speaker panel = $150
Stereo Amplifier $50
Cables $40
BOP 2.0 software $?

I had no idea the amount of stuff they were putting into it until tonight when I saw the preorder. All I knew was A) new gameplay and B) a DMD with a controller. I wasnt expecting a computer, an amplifier, or any of the extra stuff required.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I had no idea the amount of stuff they were putting into it until tonight when I saw the preorder.

I have been following this project forever.

Great to see it finally get the recognition it deserves.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Great to see it finally get the recognition it deserves.

It DOES look extremely awesome. And the cost breakdown you wrote really helps explain the cost. Yeah, it's expensive to put together. Just wish there was a less expensive way to do this. Oh well. Good thing that BOP is already a great game.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

gameplay vid is on my Facebook page.

Link, (pretty) please? Assuming that it's public, of course.

#18 10 years ago

Moving from another thread, since this is probably the better one to discuss this:

Quoted from Captive_Ball:

I agree the video isn't up to date, but I didn't see anything new

So you played the game in Expo already yesterday and didn't feel it had more to it than what's shown on the year old video? Which is pretty much shooting the heartbeat ramp to light the lock, and then the shuttle ramp to lock the ball. Do this three times to start multiball.

This might have been all there was in October 2012, since a lot longer video from the same event,

, doesn't really reveal that much more. And it was published by Dutch Pinball themselves, and the software was labeled "alpha". But at least Helen de Haan-Verbeek scored 138M on that video instead of the 6M in Pinball News' one. One super jackpot on her game was worth 50M alone!

According to the DP site, "Wheel awards become unique wheel modes". Does this mean 6 modes or 12 modes? The site also says "3-Ball multiballs and wizard modes" - both in plural. Can anyone who has had the chance of playing the game this weekend shed any light on this? A seminar for this will start in 30 minutes so I'll guess we'll know more soon. (I'm unfortunately very far from being there myself)

#19 10 years ago

If they could get it to run on a Raspberry Pi instead of the PC they could save $300.

#20 10 years ago

Haven't played it, but the DMD animations are really top-notch. Really well made. They are better than the ones I've seen on some Stern games.

#21 10 years ago

Somebody please upload some gamplay of this from expo!

#22 10 years ago

Played it. Very impressive...but the soundtrack is like nails on a chalkboard awful.

Super loud chorus....like people screaming the 1970s-era Star Trek theme over and over and over again.

I know they were going for 'Space Fantasy' feel with it...but, oh God...it was hard to take, and had very little variety.

Obviously, your mileage may vary. The game has SO MANY other cool things going for it, that it may not bug you at all.

Pete

#24 10 years ago
Quoted from calvin12:

» YouTube video

Thank you for this.

What's with the "Player 1 profile: Recent / New / Select" screen in the middle of ball 2, several times even... a software glitch? I guess you select your profile before ball 1 (or after ball 3) so that it will track your score online, or something along those lines. Or does your profile affect the gameplay one way or another?

Anything about the (wheel) modes?

#25 10 years ago

It does track players. I did not set it up when I played.and the sw did glitch when I was playing. I'll try to get on more tonight.

#26 10 years ago

Just a quick update from the Expo floor: the main theme music got replaced over night with something less annoying, looking forward to hear if it's better than the old one. Also it's kind of a bummer the above video is showing a buggy game, the software has been solid for 95% of the games. We did some crunch time for Expo so didnt have time to make a showcase video that shows the 6 completely new modes that are in there (they start at the scoop which is a hard shot for most players).
Alright guys, thanks for your interest and maybe talk to you on the show floor. Check out dutchpinball.com in the meantime for more details!

#27 10 years ago

Am I understanding that the 2.0 does not do any kind of metamorphosis (turning of the head) on the Bride?

#28 10 years ago

It's a work in progress, right now it's not in there, but it will most definitely be in there in the finished game!

#29 10 years ago

Ok, now that the madness Medieval has subsided, surely some of you that played this at expo can find some time to give us your thoughts?

Please?

#30 10 years ago

Loved it! I'm in and paid for.

#31 10 years ago

I'd need to hear the new main theme...

#32 10 years ago
Quoted from KoenHeltzel:

Just a quick update from the Expo floor: the main theme music got replaced over night with something less annoying, looking forward to hear if it's better than the old one. Also it's kind of a bummer the above video is showing a buggy game, the software has been solid for 95% of the games. We did some crunch time for Expo so didnt have time to make a showcase video that shows the 6 completely new modes that are in there (they start at the scoop which is a hard shot for most players).
Alright guys, thanks for your interest and maybe talk to you on the show floor. Check out dutchpinball.com in the meantime for more details!

It only shows the issue because it happened while I was playing. I played again and was not on tape and the game played fine. I am on board with getting this and am on the order list. You know who I am from your sound guy in Chicago.

#33 10 years ago

It's a whole new game, very fun. Animations were top notch. Music was somewhat repetetive but I heard they had alternate music for it. It's gonna cost me more for the upgrade kit than i paid for my bride but definitely worth it!

#34 10 years ago

Thought it was a great upgrade. Lot of hard work went into it, but they need to change the music.

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Am I understanding that the 2.0 does not do any kind of metamorphosis (turning of the head) on the Bride?

It does have it - but you have to 'beat' the first multiball by getting enough jackpots to get to it -- I think.

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from TheDrewster:

I have been waiting years for this mod to be available for sale... but that price WAY more than I paid for my freakin' machine. I was hoping it would be around $500-800, but at over $1700, I can't justify it

Not picking on you, but I see this sentiment a few times in this thread and I have to ask WHY NOT? Another common sentiment is that with this kit, BOP becomes an A-list game. So if you have $1200 to $1500 invested in a BOP, then add the kit for $1700, that's $3200 for an A-list DMD game. Name another A-list DMD game you can have that's $3K much less limited production and unique like a DMD BOP.

#37 10 years ago

Not only that, but it is effectively 2 machines in one, as you can easily revert to the old software. For those of us with more space limitations than pin fund limitations, that is worth quite a bit.

btw: my avatar is by no means an indication of bias on my part

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from epthegeek:

It does have it - but you have to 'beat' the first multiball by getting enough jackpots to get to it -- I think.

Eric, you are correct. The head does move and interact with the ball. This game is and will be very deep. You get to build the Bride (metamorphosis) while locking shots for Multiball 2. Multiball 1 is where you travel in the shuttle to collect materials to build the bride.

We had the game set pretty difficult this weekend since we wanted people to all get a chance to play.

Thank you from the Dutch Pinball team on the great feedback!

--Scott

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You are getting:
Mini-PC $350
New speaker panel = $150
Stereo Amplifier $50
Cables $40
BOP 2.0 software $?

I heard Rick is reproducing it at 700

#40 10 years ago

Loved the animations, voice help, and ball save, but began to hate the music after staying in that row 15 minutes.

Overall - great to see stuff like this. Almost makes me want to buy a bride to upgrade - almost...

#41 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

Very impressive...but the soundtrack is like nails on a chalkboard awful.

Totally agree, that tune would drive me crazy.

#42 10 years ago

Hey guys,

We recorded a game yesterday to give you the full overview of what is currently in the Bride of Pinbot 2.0 game software.

This machine (the one at Expo) is pretty brutal set up to keep ball times low; that's why for this video we did a 5-ball game.

The YouTube description has a couple of timecode links so you can jump between the various goals and missions.

Thanks for the support everybody!

PS: The old main music was replaced by something less annoying (but too energetic for normal gameplay), but since our sound guy Jules is on a honeymoon we were not able to check this with him (the new music was composed by him too, we just weren't using it anywhere yet). Basically everything you see is subject to change (for the better).

Koen - programmer Dutch Pinball

#43 10 years ago

I think it looks absolutely amazing! Loving the modes, animations, sounds and lights. Only 'feedback' for a change I can think of is it could be nice to award the first multiball easier than the second, and the third time a bit harder than the second, etc..
But having said that: I love it just by looking at a game. If I owned a BOP, I'd surely be 'in'!

#44 10 years ago

Looks cool, great effort for sure, but kinda kills the original vibe of the game for me.

Best of luck with the sales, though!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from sven:

I think it looks absolutely amazing! Loving the modes, animations, sounds and lights. Only 'feedback' for a change I can think of is it could be nice to award the first multiball easier than the second, and the third time a bit harder than the second, etc..
But having said that: I love it just by looking at a game. If I owned a BOP, I'd surely be 'in'!

Hey Sven,
What you are seeing in this video is Barry playing Multiball 1 a few times. In order to progress into Multiball 2, which is definitely harder to achieve, you must collect at least 5 jackpots from Multiball 1. This gameplay video does not show Multiball 2. Please let us know if you guys have any other questions on gameplay! Thanks,
--Scott

#46 10 years ago

Can the BOP 2.0 be set on 10ball per game, I think Id really like to set mine on that if I buy one.

#47 10 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Can the BOP 2.0 be set on 10ball per game, I think Id really like to set mine on that if I buy one.

Now it's a party!

#48 10 years ago

One of the knocks I have on the new 2.0 is that it was waaaaay too hard to get the face to turn.

Let's face it, one of BoP's best features (if not THE best feature) is that turning head that shows the four different faces. In the "original" game, that thing is always turning...and it is something that stands out to new players.

In this new version, you never really get to see the Bride head move at all. I played the game twice at the show...each time with 3 other players. I watched the game many, many times when I wasn't involved in playing it. I probably witnessed at least 40 games played on that Bride, and didn't see the head spin once. (And...in the games I was personally involved in, it wasn't like we were just a group of newbies hacking away).

I'm sure it was set to a brutal difficulty...but that's just insane. It kind of guts the best feature/ "wow" toy on the entire playfield.

On the plus side, the original BoP version can still be played with this mod...so it's not like I'd be losing the head-spinning for good. I just worry that some of these new rulesets that are being cranked out are being crafted only for the most elite players out there.

This is still an amazing project, and I really like what I see so far.

Pete

#49 10 years ago

I wish I had a BoP so I could buy this. I see BoP's being snatched up in a hurry.

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from pmWolf:

One of the knocks I have on the new 2.0 is that it was waaaaay too hard to get the face to turn.
Let's face it, one of BoP's best features (if not THE best feature) is that turning head that shows the four different faces. In the "original" game, that thing is always turning...and it is something that stands out to new players.
In this new version, you never really get to see the Bride head move at all. I played the game twice at the show...each time with 3 other players. I watched the game many, many times when I wasn't involved in playing it. I probably witnessed at least 40 games played on that Bride, and didn't see the head spin once. (And...in the games I was personally involved in, it wasn't like we were just a group of newbies hacking away).
I'm sure it was set to a brutal difficulty...but that's just insane. It kind of guts the best feature/ "wow" toy on the entire playfield.
On the plus side, the original BoP version can still be played with this mod...so it's not like I'd be losing the head-spinning for good. I just worry that some of these new rulesets that are being cranked out are being crafted only for the most elite players out there.
This is still an amazing project, and I really like what I see so far.
Pete

Hey Pete,
This is excellent feedback, exactly what we are looking for. Ultimately, we need to set the machine on easier software settings and really show the full story of the game. The software in the new version of the game is meant to be much deeper than the original and therefor harder to get through the entire thing. I know it has been said before, but we had set the machine physically difficult to prevent people from playing it for 45 minutes. Thanks again for the feedback.
--Scott

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
£ 69.00
Playfield - Other
PinballToys

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

3,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Firestone, CO
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 9.95
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

$ 1.25
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Albany, NY
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
DevilsMuse Arcade

$ 250.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Westminster, MA
£ 58.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 27.95
$ 9.95
$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.99
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 40.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 87 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-post-bop-20-hands-on-impressions-and-reviews-here and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.