(Topic ID: 253483)

Please participate in our Next Hardtop Poll!

By Outsidedge

4 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 189 posts
  • 114 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 months ago by WalrusPin
  • Topic is favorited by 12 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Please participate in our Next Hardtop Poll!”

• Swords of Fury 54 votes
    16%
  • Flash 77 votes
    23%
  • Cyclone 52 votes
    15%
  • Hurricane 5 votes
    1%
  • Strikes and Spares 33 votes
    10%
  • High Speed II Get Away 54 votes
    16%
  • Xenon 65 votes
    19%

(340 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20211128-114114_Facebook (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20211008-073940_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_0419 (resized).JPG
16311142207467917264409030239689 (resized).jpg
DSC_0325 (resized).JPG
4F87AC2C-5CE1-4325-A1AE-E9F8A15E448E (resized).jpeg
CDBA39B7-0B39-499B-B71F-971344C1D6D6 (resized).jpeg
Capture (resized).PNG
IMG_2460 (resized).JPG

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 4 years ago

Hello All!
We have several new titles under way NOT in this list. We have already begun that work, so now we are looking for help to make the best decisions moving forward for our upcoming games.

We absolutely read/see the messages for your specific titles that you want to see happen. We understand, really! However, we also hope you all understand that the development for these is time consuming and expensive. There is more to it than the assumptions we have been remarked to by customers at shows.. "These are just pieces of plastic with art on the back... right?" No, they are not "just" that. They work, and are gaining the trust of folks literally all over the world for a reason. They are time consuming to get correct.

That said, we consider our choices moving forward to help the most people at once that we can! We plan to do ALL the titles in this list at some point. However, we need to start with the lowest hanging fruit that will help the most first.

Feel free to comment on titles that are not in this list, but really vote ONLY if you would be a customer for one of these titles. We already know folks want EBD, and other titles.

Also, always keep in mind that games that have titles and art tied to 3rd party IP owners are really difficult. Examples... Star Trek, Harlem Globe Trotters... and MANY more. These titles are not likely anytime soon.

We set this poll to only allow one vote, because we wanted to avoid folks clicking them all. We understand that some may buy several on this list.

The poll is really to ask what do you want to see NEXT.

To be clear, this is NOT a waiting list you are signing up for. This is just to a sense of the will of the people.

Thank you for participating!

#2 4 years ago

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see a poll here

#3 4 years ago

I've been trying to see what hardtops you currently have available, but your store is so locked down you can't see the list. Unless I am missing it.

I recently purchased a hardtop for TAXI, and OMG it is absolutely amazing. It is flawless in every possible way. I am definitely looking for ward to the next hardtop I need to install.

#4 4 years ago

I put a hardtop on my Evel Knievel. Absolutely love it.

I would definitely buy another one for another game.

#5 4 years ago

I want to vote, but there is no list

#6 4 years ago

Sorry! Not sure why, but I typed it all into the poll and didn't show up when i submitted. It should be there now.

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from PghPinballRescue:

I've been trying to see what hardtops you currently have available, but your store is so locked down you can't see the list. Unless I am missing it.
I recently purchased a hardtop for TAXI, and OMG it is absolutely amazing. It is flawless in every possible way. I am definitely looking for ward to the next hardtop I need to install.

We have posted quite a bit over last few months here. We have the complete list floating around. We have some in stock now, but not all titles. We will turn the site back on soon, but not until we can routinely fill orders without delay.

Current Hardtops are:
Evel K
Firepower
High Speed
Future Spa
Frontier
Wizard!
Space Shuttle
Mata Hari
Black Knight
Pharaoh
Taxi
Comet

And available through a different retailer (when more are made)... Flash Gordon.

In stock now: Taxi (both versions), Space Shuttle (both versions), High Speed, Wizard , Future Spa, Pharaoh.

All others... plenty more coming soon!

#8 4 years ago

My vote is for F14 because every one that Ive gotten through the shop had terrible bubbling on the mylar.

And thanks for the headsup on the list and what is still available.

#9 4 years ago

After putting one on my shuttle I absolutely NEED one for flash!

#10 4 years ago

Any chance for some classic Stern Hardtops in the future? Would love to see a Stars one produced. Plenty with cupped inserts and trashed playfields out there. No other options for replacement that I'm aware of.

#11 4 years ago

I don't own one but every Flash I have ever seen looks like it has been scrubbed with a Brillo pad. I would love to see these unique and important machines brought back from the dead.

Hurricane is a surprising option.

#12 4 years ago

I voted cyclone, I installed a hardtop on my FG and loved it. My Cyclone would benefit greatly from a hardtop

#13 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Hello All!

Also, always keep in mind that games that have titles and art tied to 3rd party IP owners are really difficult. Examples... Star Trek, Harlem Globe Trotters... and MANY more. These titles are not likely anytime soon.

I'm not an expert, but I believe these specific 2 titles should be doable without too much effort. They both have CPR playfields, which would indicate to me that the 3rd party is willing to work with vendors like yourself. I actually want both of those to come to fruition. Star Trek being first on my list.

#14 4 years ago

I voted for Swords of Fury.

If it is made, would there be an option to only purchase the upper play field?

#15 4 years ago

Why isn’t fathom on the list

#16 4 years ago

Six Million Dollar Man. No overlays or CPR’s out there and it’s not likely to be run

#17 4 years ago

I went to your site, and it says you aren't taking orders for any hardtops

#18 4 years ago
Quoted from bluebomber:

I went to your site, and it says you aren't taking orders for any hardtops

Quoted from Outsidedge:

We have posted quite a bit over last few months here. We have the complete list floating around. We have some in stock now, but not all titles. We will turn the site back on soon, but not until we can routinely fill orders without delay.
Current Hardtops are:
Evel K
Firepower
High Speed
Future Spa
Frontier
Wizard!
Space Shuttle
Mata Hari
Black Knight
Pharaoh
Taxi
Comet
And available through a different retailer (when more are made)... Flash Gordon.
In stock now: Taxi (both versions), Space Shuttle (both versions), High Speed, Wizard , Future Spa, Pharaoh.
All others... plenty more coming soon!

#19 4 years ago
Quoted from Digimatt:

Six Million Dollar Man. No overlays or CPR’s out there and it’s not likely to be run

I second this!

#21 4 years ago

Voted Cyclone of the choices in the poll. I can't see WPC diamondplated games like Getaway and Hurricane needing a hardtop before the older less protected PFs of the past.

#22 4 years ago

Correct, but we have started to make a few (not enough to turn the site on and worry we would get an order for a title we don't have more done of). We have been posting actively for 45 days or so and sold several Hardtops that we DO have. We update the list in the official Hardtop forum often. I am projecting Dec. 1st for the site to be back up... maybe a little sooner.

#23 4 years ago

Time Warp.

#25 4 years ago

Thank you for posting and voting everyone!

Keep the votes coming

I’m already seeing a few surprises. Outstanding information, and very helpful

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from Outsidedge:

Sorry to seem to beat the horse, but you guys have done EK and FG, both of which carry 3rd party licensing. Could you advise what makes HG and ST more difficult? Just want to understand that way, I can either hold out for hardtop or look at other options.

#27 4 years ago

Why isn't F-14 on the poll?

F-14F-14F-14F-14F-14F-14

#28 4 years ago

I plan on buying a space shuttle hard top when freeplays ramps are ready.

I've had a few cyclones and seen quite a few of them in general and only one I've seen was really blown out. Most aren't perfect, but not sure how many need hardtops.
Hurricane and Getaway? Do they even wear? Had a getaway that the cabinet was a little beat up but they playfield was near perfect.

I passed on a couple diners because they were beat to death.

#29 4 years ago

Bad Cats would be sweet.

#30 4 years ago

Jungle Lord already did the the other Williams duel playfields also Embryon is a must

#31 4 years ago
Quoted from Brettv:

... Embryon is a must

I agree, there are very few Embryons I've seen that aren't worn to the wood in spots, especially near the upper flipper.

#32 4 years ago

I voted for Xenon.

However, I agree an F14 would probably do well. I have an F14 with a new replacement playfield so I don't need one, but many people do. That game is usually trashed.

#33 4 years ago

Don't need any on the poll, but I'd vote for F14 and Medusa

#34 4 years ago

My money is ready for Swords of Fury

#36 4 years ago

Jungle Lord

#37 4 years ago

Cyclone. I said on the other thread it would be an instant buy for me, and I'll follow through on that. CPR should've already rerun these with their fancy-schmancy digital printing process, but doesn't seem like it's going to happen anytime soon so....screw em. Give me a good reason to tear this mofo down and flatten and re-glue the popped inserts.

#38 4 years ago

Hot Doggin..... have 2 that need attention

#39 4 years ago

I too am surprised to see Hurricane, my playfield looks like it was made yesterday. My Cyclone is also too nice to hardtop. So no vote from me this time. Not in the list but, but I think Mr. And Mrs. Pacman might be a good one. They made a ton of them and almost all the playfields I've seen are a mess. If a hardtop was available I would have kept mine. It's also a lower priced game that people might be willing to got for a hardtop but not splurge for a repro (if available).

#40 4 years ago

voted cyclone , having said that f2k needs a hardtop they are all blown out

#41 4 years ago

bumping poll! Need more votes!

#42 4 years ago

Ohhh I agree f2k

#43 4 years ago

I'd like to see these for the popular em games like Gottliebs. I can't be bothered to fill cupped inserts and risk screwing up a auto clear and ruining an irreplaceable playfield. I'd get these for all my ems.

#44 4 years ago

Earthshaker, mine sure could use a hardtop.

#46 4 years ago

I voted for Flash. Would LOVE to see Flight 2000. I put my first (and only so far) hardtop on my Mata Hari earlier this year and *love it*. Along with flipper, sling, and pop bumper rebuilds this 40 year old pin plays like new. Probably better than new. When searching for my next pin projects, I'm now actually looking (first) for machines that have hardtops available, even if I'm not crazy about the title.

Can't wait for EBD...the cabinet on mine is all fresh and new with Pinball Pimp stencils but the playfield is tired. Hope you're shipping EBD before Christmas!

#47 4 years ago

I truly believe that if your looking at the dmd era of games, hs2 and hurricane, the real need for hard tops is the 2k to 3k market. Games like demoman, judge dredd, fishtales, etc. Nobody wants to buy a one of these games and spend 1k on a new playfield. There are so many of the wms dmd games that are beat down that people would love a hardtop for it.

#48 4 years ago

Also, I cant think of any system 11 games that wouldn't need a hardtop.

#49 4 years ago

I've seen a couple nice MMPM but a lot of them including mine are pretty spent.
Pac man was not on the list.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Bad Cats would be sweet.

My vote goes to Bad Cats too

There are 189 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-participate-in-our-next-hardtop-poll and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.