• Latest reply 9 years ago by hardware
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
owenRyanCPX.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hi Guys,

I'm pretty distraught over here. I just unpacked my car from Expo and my Whirlwind speaker panel did not make it home.

I brought it wrapped in cardboard with my contact information on it that read like this:

Ryan Claytor
WW Speaker Panel
www.ElephantEater.com <--(If Lost)

I know this is a long shot, but did anyone happen to find this? I have a memory of putting it back in my car on Friday morning so that I would have less to bring downstairs on Saturday when I left for good. (Got Chris Granner to sign it on Thursday night.)

HELP PLEASE,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

Post edited by moderator: Title change.

#3 9 years ago

More information: If found, it has a signature of Chris Granner, in silver sharpie, on the left side between the score display windows and the speaker itself. His signature runs kinda diagonally on a couple lines so that it would fit.

Bases covered: I have already called the Westin to see if by chance I left it in my room (or anywhere else in the hotel). They said they'd give me a call back after talking with housekeeping. I also called all my buddies to make sure it didn't inadvertantly end up in their Expo stash. No dice. I've triple and quadruple checked my car. Nada.

Any information would be appreciated. My favorite pin is in pieces.

#4 9 years ago

Update: Hotel just called me and confirmed that it was not left in my room.

The search continues...

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from dankme:

I didn't actually see it but I was in a car load going to Terry's party and someone said they saw a pinball speaker panel flying out of a car or off of it like maybe it was left on top or something on the highway?

Quoted from pmWolf:

This sounds very Ryan-like.

I would not put it past me to do this. After searching high and low, it's one of the theories I feared may be the case. I was juggling a lot of parenting goodies for my young son (consequently I'm chronically absent-minded in recent days), so in short, it's entirely possible.

I left to Terry's around 10:40am from Expo. I left to Expo from Terry's about 2:30 or 3pm. Not sure if that jives with your timeline or not, but again, I'm not ruling anything out at this point.

In other news, I'm blown away by the generosity of everyone here regarding rewards/replacement/etc. I don't feel worthy and certainly wouldn't ask for any of it. If this doesn't turn-up, I'm really not leaning toward theft as the culprit, but rather my own scattered-brain. So, really, if it comes to it...I'd rather receive your help in the way of FINDING a replacement WW speaker panel, which I'd be happy to pay for and then schlep it back to Expo again in the future for Chris to sign. (Ha-ha! ...sigh.)

Sincerest thanks,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#24 9 years ago
Quoted from BenetBoy78:

I see one for sale on EBAY

Oh, wow! That actually looks like it's in pretty good shape...and original? (I've seen some repros that look like the yellow is kinda washed-out and wimpy.) If there's no word on that rumored side-of-the-road mishap in a couple days, I'll probably jump on that listing. Just don't go out-bidding me, guys!

Thanks, BenetBoy78!!!

Quoted from pmWolf:

If that one was signed by Granner, I was going to go bonkers.

That would have been choice. Maybe you could have banned him from eBay. KIDDING...kidding, Mr. Moderator. (PleaseDon'tBanMe. )

Quoted from EEE:

Well Ryan, if it got carried away by wind blowing off your car (you get the picture), that seems appropriate in a dark humor sort of way.

*LOL* Oh, irony.

Quoted from EEE:

A little bit of charity for Ryan should be easy enough.

Quoted from pmWolf:

I'll offer a reward if it is returned safely.

Quoted from Rock914:

I would like to add to the reward if you don't mind Pete.

Quoted from Aurich:

I'd kick in for a replacement if it comes to that.

Quoted from EEE:

Oh, and I am willing to chip in to the replacement fund.

I can't express how much all your support means. While a new(used) speaker panel will not be a welcome cost to incur, I wouldn't feel right taking money from my friends and fellow pinball community members when it's entirely possible this fiasco was my own fault. A replacement panel for less than $100 won't break me. ...in fact, it'll probably be a good learning lesson for me to keep my head in the game at all times. (Difficult when sleep is often compromised by my adorable son, but something to strive for. )

...I mean, c'mon, how can you be upset at this little dude:

owenRyanCPX.jpgowenRyanCPX.jpg

Proud (albeit sleepy) Papa,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from alleycat-pinball:

I have a used one that you can have. Shoot me a pm if you want it. It is complete and in fair condition.

Uhm...wow. PM most definitely sent. Thanks so much for the offer, alleycat-pinball.

Humbled again,
Ryan

#30 9 years ago

Update: Thanks to alleycat-pinball, my Whirlwind is complete once again!

image.jpgimage.jpg

My son and I made a couple hour drive to pay him a visit, play his impressive collection, and pick up that gifted speaker panel. Unsurprisingly, he was an extremely nice guy and it was great to meet another friend in the hobby. Alleycat-pinball refused to accept payment so I loaded him up with a 3-pack of my latest shirt designs (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-illustrated-shirtsjust-in-time-for-expo) and handed him a couple of my recent books, too. Just wanted to let everyone know that this story turned out well in the end, Alleycat is one of the good guys, and my Whirlwind is again whole...just in time for our house-warming party today. Finally, thanks to the overwhelming generosity of EVERYONE on this thread.

Sincerely,
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#39 9 years ago
Quoted from robin:

That's awesome!
Alleycat-pinball, you rock. If you PM me your address I'm gonna send you a free Pinside T-shirt (designed by none less than... Ryan )

Beat you to the punch, Robin.

Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Alleycat-pinball refused to accept payment so I loaded him up with a 3-pack of my latest shirt designs (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ryan-claytor-illustrated-shirtsjust-in-time-for-expo) and handed him a couple of my recent books, too.

...but maybe his wife wants one!

Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
www.ElephantEater.com

#45 9 years ago

For everyone losing MM's in this thread, my heart aches for you and I pray for their speedy recovery. Alas, I do not have a spare to return the kindness extended to me.

In other news, this story just keeps getting better and better. One of the design team from WW "caught WIND" <--(see what happened there) of this story and personally emailed me, offering to gift me with a WW PROTOTYPE speaker panel and have it signed by others in the crew. Since he hasn't chimed in here, I'll protect his anonymity.

For those curious, I thanked him profusely, but I already have Youssi and Lawlor's signature on my translite. Granner was my third signature (...and I guess it will be again, next year). Nevertheless, I didn't feel right accepting it after Rob was so kind as to gift me his.

Anyhow, just wanted to continue the thread with some more inspiring and unexpected updates.

Thanks, everyone!
Ryan Claytor
Elephant Eater Comics
http://www.ElephantEater.com

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 899.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

4,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greenwood, IN
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 90.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bakersfield, CA
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Middletown, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider RyanClaytor.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-ww-speaker-panel-lost-at-expo?tu=RyanClaytor and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.