• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
#1 3 years ago

Hello pinsiders I have a couple of quick questions the game I’m working on is space invaders the issue I’m having is the wrong sounds playing for different targets but the right sounds for this game and the background sound comes and goes but only at a high speed I was looking up the info for the sound board and it is coming up as a silver ball mania board number as-3022-3 and the u4 chip also is a e-786-11 also I believe for silverball mania. Could this be the problem wrong board and chip? The game plays great other than the sound issue. Thanks for looking and any help I appreciate it and sorry in advance if this is a stupid question I’m fairly new at bringing pins back to life.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#2 3 years ago

The Manuals for both your Space Invaders & Silverball Mania use the same sound board "AS-2518-51" but the u4 chip does appear to be different

I don't know why the numbers AS-3022-6 is the "PWB board complete" for Space Invaders and "AS-3022-3" is for Silverball Mania

I wonder if you can just replace the u4 chip https://pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Bally/Stern#Bally_AS-2518-51_Sound_Board

Others in this forum would know for sure

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from chas10e:

I don't know why the numbers AS-3022-6 is the "PWB board complete" for Space Invaders and "AS-3022-3" is for Silverball Mania

Those were the part numbers for the complete sound board with game specific sound ROM included - hence the part number is different per game. Only the installed sound ROM is different.
The AS-2887- label you see on Bally MPU boards is a similar thing (part number for complete MPU board with game specific ROMs included).

Changing the sound ROM on the sound board to the Space Invaders specific one "E792-07" at U4 is all that's needed to get correct sounds.

#4 3 years ago

Thank you both for the help I appreciate it greatly.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom

2,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Li, NY
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Massapequa, NY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 10.00
$ 8.00
Electronics
Third Coast Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-with-sound-issue?hl=chas10e and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.