(Topic ID: 188476)

5/14/17 Update:Please help with Ripleys tech.

By Cash_Riprock

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 6 years ago

I'd appreciate some help with a tech problem. I have some knowledge with working on electronic pins but seems not enough to figure this out.

Ripleys Believe It Or Not is the pin. The Slot Machine numbers are getting triggered over and over. This occurs with and without ball in play. As this was happening I opened the coin door and it continued. ? It sometimes will stop but eventually it happens again and I can't figure out what's triggering this to occur. No credit dot. I thought it was a closed switch on PF but not the case. I'm not sure what takes place in gameplay either to make slot machines numbers trigger. I did notice shooting up center ramp it will, but not the same "sound" plays when the over and over occurs.

I attempted to show a video but that also failed. : ( Any help greatly appreciated.

***Got the new optos. Opened the hood to replace but 1st reset connectors and gave it a spin. Once again working flawlessly. At least I have the optos now for a real crisis. : ) Thanks to those who replied, much appreciated.

#2 6 years ago

Did you check switch 31 at the top of the ramp , then the switches at A B C lanes ? Put it in switch test and try them .I don't think you'll see credit dots on Stern games .

#3 6 years ago

Your problem is in the short ramp that is the super jackpot shot. This shot scrambles the slot machine numbers. You have a bad opto. Either a wire that has come loose on the back and is touching loosely, or the opto has an internal break. Either way, the best fix will be to replace the sender and the receiver. IIRC from a RBION tear down I did, that area is pretty time consuming to get to due to all the stuff that has to come off.

You may possibly be able to get to it from underneath the playfield. I can't really give any more details since I no longer own the game.

You might also try re-seating the connectors on the long wires that connect the optos to the small driver board underneath the playfield.

#4 6 years ago

Thanks for the replies folks, much appreciated.
TenaciousT- I did check switch 31 at top of ramp and it was good and also wasn't the same sound effect as the one I'm hearing when numbers 'rolling.' I'll look into the ABC

LOTR_breath-When I was going into one of the test modes that switch/opto(18 I think it was) for opto in super jackpot ramp was listed but then right after it stated all were good so I believe you have a good suspect! I hope to look tonight but will report back w/any findings. Thanks again all.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bellefonte, PA
$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 45.95
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Canton, TX
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 18.95
4,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-with-ripleys-tech and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.