3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by cjchand
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

In the middle of playing the TSPP it says shows “searching for balls” then the system shuts down. Any ideas that could be creating this? All balls are accounted for. Thanks so very much in advance!

#2 3 years ago

Losing power. Hard to say what. Could be power supply or driver board.

LTG : )

#3 3 years ago

Step 1: Turn machine off.
    Step 2: Open backbox and visually inspect all the fuses.
    Step 3: Remove fuses 1 at a time and test them to verify that they pass current even if they look good. If you don't have a multimeter, a 9 volt batter, LED light, and some wire can be used to rig a quick tester. Complete a circuit and the light should come on. Put the fuse in the circuit and the light should stay on.

It's easiest to rule out the items that are the easiest to check first. Before I messed with my boards I'd verify the fuses. A partially blown slow blow fuse would cause these symptoms on the way to blowing up. If it is indeed the fuse, replacing the fuse with a new correct one should give bring it back to life temporarily, until whatever caused the problem happens again.

Good luck and I know it's scary but the nerds of the internet are happy to help.

#4 3 years ago

Is it basically resetting/rebooting itself over and over (or even seemingly at random)?

If so, then there’s a ribbon cable between the two main boards. Try reseating that. I don’t know why, but I have to do that once or twice a year.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-with-my-tspp?hl=cjchand and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.