(Topic ID: 237183)

Please help with Dungeons and Dragons Topper Flasher information

By Oldschool77

5 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 5 years ago

I just got a D&D (still enroute shipping, not in hand yet) with no topper. One of my plans for when i get it is to make a light insert in the backbox with warm white LED strips like most pins have instead of the horrid single incandescent bulb socket. And i was thinking.....since the topper wiring is still there, I’m going to add flashers to my home made backbox insert likely placing them behind the dragon's head and the guy with the sword, to try and make up for no topper while retaining the interactive-ness of those flashers. I just need some help from someone whom has one....

So my main question is, how many flashers are there in the topper and are they the standard 12vdc flashers (I don’t wanna add any more than its already setup to handle)? According to the manual It looks like they are "standard" flashers (906 or equivalent i believe) but i still wanna ask. And it "looks" like there are 5 total....3 for the dragon, and one on each side in the reflectors.

In addition, when using LED flashers, do 6803 games suffer from flasher ghosting like system 11s and others? I don’t normally like LED flashers, but when possible i like to use them behind translites to keep the heat down.

Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

#2 5 years ago

From memory of mine, there are 3 flashers. 1 on each side that pulse / alternate side to side, and the one in the middle that finishes the sequence.

Honestly, given how little they interact with the game, I'm not sure it's worth wiring them behind the translite. They are 12v flashers, and I use LED's in mine with no issues.

Did you ever find the circline LED bulb I mentioned in my other post?

#3 5 years ago
Quoted from Clnilsen:

From memory of mine, there are 3 flashers. 1 on each side that pulse / alternate side to side, and the one in the middle that finishes the sequence.
Honestly, given how little they interact with the game, I'm not sure it's worth wiring them behind the translite. They are 12v flashers, and I use LED's in mine with no issues.
Did you ever find the circline LED bulb I mentioned in my other post?

Great thanks! I'm kinda trying to make up for no topper/I love tinkering (and i have a bunch of #89 sockets laying around lol) so even if there's not much interaction it would still be neat to have that little touch every so often.

I didn't, i only found the ones that atach to a camera. Honestly after more thought, although it was a fantastic suggestion on your part, i'm still leaning towards the insert with strips and an inline dimmer plugged into a socket adapter that goes into the existing fixture. I've created a few marques in the past for vids, and thanks to the dimmer, it comes out looking absolutely perfect with no hot spots, and it's a blast to build! Just trying to find the hardware from someones trashed game (if possible) before i resort to other means of mounting it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-with-dungeons-and-dragons-topper-flasher-information and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.