New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 247875)

Please help - Williams Indiana Jones - Check Switch 78 and Idol

By ANTHONYROWAN

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Seatmandan
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

indiana jones (resized).jpg
indiana jones 1 (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Long story short - hoping you guys can help me again after our success on STTNG problems all solved - THANKS HEAPS !!!

Ok for a while now the game has been adding a player randomly when playing the game then adding another etc and instead of a one or two player game it becomes 3 or 4 player game where players are added randomly.
Other than that game was playing perfectly. That's the first issue.

Since then just now there has now come a second problem whereby the idol mechanism seems to be not aligning and is not releasing the ball from the idol and is getting stuck and keeps spinning around and then gets to a position to release the ball but it is not aligned with the exit ( see picture I have put up below ) sort of just to the left and wont let ball release ??? I also noticed while putting balls into the idol by rolling balls into the hole that feeds it that the first ball is sometimes blocked from going in as its not aligned on the incoming side either?????

Any suggestions greatly appreciated for these two problems - I'm getting my hands dirty and getting in and starting to get use to playing around inside the machine but very much a beginner so any advise on how to fix these two issues will be greatly appreciated !!!

Cheers
indiana jones (resized).jpgindiana jones 1 (resized).jpg

#2 1 year ago

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys.

#3 1 year ago
Quoted from ANTHONYROWAN:

Any help would be greatly appreciated - thanks guys.

ST:TNG is a different group huh?

#4 1 year ago

Switch 78 is one of the switches under the mini play field - it might have gotten hit by a ball. You need to look at it and make sure the legs are not shorted together or grounded.

Not sure about your idol issue. Run the idol self test.

#5 1 year ago

Ok Ill have a look at that this afternoon and report back , any other suggestions welcome.

#6 1 year ago

Ok great stuff Billc479 it was indeed the switch under the under the mini playfield - right where you shoot the the ball to start the modes and extra ball etc , and yes the ball must have jumped up and knocked two of the legs together.

All I did was bend them apart and restarted the game and the error was cleared.

Then after turning back on and re-testing and resetting everything back to factory settings and restarting the game again and there was no errors on startup and everything works perfectly after many tests - touch wood !

Many thanks again and was a much easier fix than I was anticipating which is great . On to cleaning the playfield and fixing other small items , I'm enjoying getting into the fixing and maintaining of the pinball side which I have never done , but getting in there and playing around the less intimidating it becomes.

Cheers Billc479 - great work !!!!!!

Ps Im wondering if anyone has made a mod or an idea to prevent this from happening in the future as that switch is right above where the ball constantly is flying in for a mode shot or extra ball , or do you just fix when required and hope for the best till next time.

#7 1 year ago

Most people put tape between the legs and on the metal where the legs may hit. I think there's a mod out there, but I don't remember who has it. Search this forum, I think its listed here somewhere.

Glad you found and fixed the problem.

#8 1 year ago
Quoted from ANTHONYROWAN:

Ps Im wondering if anyone has made a mod or an idea to prevent this from happening in the future as that switch is right above where the ball constantly is flying in for a mode shot or extra ball , or do you just fix when required and hope for the best till next time.

There's a metal deflector out there somewnere that screws into the botton side of the mini PF.., either home-made or cliffy or something..... It's on the IJ
thread...

EDIT: Its from cliffy-

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ij-williams-you-cheat-dr-jones-club/page/75#post-4627853

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Austin, TX

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside