(Topic ID: 234227)

Please help! Which Pin would You choose?

By Johncare07

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 18 posts
  • 15 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by pinmister
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 5 years ago

Buy the one you can afford the most... you can find anything at any price, but would you want to buy a pin that you have to apologize forever for to your fellow pinheads? I had a friend buy a 8 Ball Champ and had to apologize for ever that he should have done his homework and got something deeper and with multiball and paid less for it. At the time he payed $1500 for a $550 valued (or less) machine from a vendor/op who saw him coming. My brother bought a Black Knight for $200 (it needed a little love) and I got a fully working Pinbot for $750 back in '91 about 6 months later. We never let him live it down.

#17 5 years ago

Do not underestimate the power of a good older pin to keep you amused for several months to several years depending on your skill. At some point, you have to consider you have “conquered” a title, and it is time to move on. This gets to the point of jacking the back legs, opening the outlanes, and tightening up your tilts. Because, lets face it, when you get your first one, you tighten up your outlanes, take the tilt plumb bob off, and accidentally put the front legs on the back of the cabinet. Not that I have ever done any of those things myself <cough cough> But some older pins are more desirable from the “really rounds out the selection” choice when you walk up to your lineup. Like Taxi, Pinbot, Diner, Cyclone, Comet, Swords of Fury, FirePower, xenon, High Speed, Black Knight... these all have some staying power and are a great place to start a collection on the low side of the market. They are not deep, but great for a quick satisfying game which every collection should have at least one of.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bublehead.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-which-pin-would-you-choose-?tu=bublehead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.