(Topic ID: 181037)

Please Help, Very frustrating sound on my Sega Frankenstein

By PappyBoyington

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 7 years ago

Something is triggering my game to switch the sound effects on the slings to this:

Also there are a few sounds that don't make sense. For instance you hear Graveyard when you hit the Geneva hole. You don't hear the frankenstein moan when you hit the right ramp. Doesn't anybody know why this is happening? I have poured over the manual and the adjustments menu and can't find anything. The game was playing perfectly with all the correct sounds earlier today.

#2 7 years ago

You didn't do any work on the game ?

If not, I'd check switch test and see if anything is stuck closed that should be open.

LTG : )

#3 7 years ago

Hi Lloyd. Yep I did lots of work. Lifting the playfield up and down all the while. Switch test showed all the switches are fine.

Now the game is functioning fine. All the sounds are as they should. Do you think there could be a bad connector at one of the boards or possibly a bad switch?

#4 7 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yep I did lots of work. Lifting the playfield up and down all the while.

I meant like replace a switch, and then it started.

Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Do you think there could be a bad connector at one of the boards or possibly a bad switch?

If it got cured lifting the playfield up and down, I'd suspect connector from playfield to boards in the head. If it returns, reseat them a couple times should fix it.

LTG : )

#5 7 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

If it got cured lifting the playfield up and down, I'd suspect connector from playfield to boards in the head. If it returns, reseat them a couple times should fix it.

Thanks for the help Lloyd. The problem has not returned for three days so I guess I have it resolved. Fingers crossed

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 17.00
Cabinet - Decals
Nordic Pinball Supply

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 36.95
$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 259.00
$ 1.29
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 32.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 27.95
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-very-frustrating-sound-on-my-sega-frankenstein and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.