• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

EDC31D6E-FE54-443D-99EF-3355EC43FE58 (resized).jpeg
#1 4 years ago

Hi there

I just have an issue here. My TSPP is not giving any Mystery award at all. I checked the switch everything is working fine. I just wonder is it a software setting issue or rom corrupted issue? I am using 5.0 in my TSPP

I can fix this issue by re-setting the machine but is it normal? Because I will lost all my scores and setting.

Please help.

#2 4 years ago

So the mystery target is hit, then you shoot the ball in the tv hole and what happens? The ball just gets released?

#3 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

So the mystery target is hit, then you shoot the ball in the tv hole and what happens? The ball just gets released?

Thank you for a reply.

In normal situation I believe It should act like this:

Mystery target hit > Ball dropped back to lower playfield > ball go though the garage door > mystery award is given > then the ball go to the upper playfield

However my machine will act like this:

Mystery target hit > Ball dropped back to lower playfield > ball go though the garage door > It spelled Simpson > then the ball go to the upper playfield

In general, no matter how many time the mystery target were hit. My machine will not give you any mystery award. Even I set Mystery award to easy it still won’t give me any award.

Best regards

#4 4 years ago

Bump

#5 4 years ago

so i think this is the garage ramp switch being bad. go into a switch test and trigger with hang then ball to see if it activates. i think this is the bad switch. also does “clean the garage” insert light go out when you go through garage door?

MJR

2 weeks later
#6 4 years ago
Quoted from MJR8peanut:

so i think this is the garage ramp switch being bad. go into a switch test and trigger with hang then ball to see if it activates. i think this is the bad switch. also does “clean the garage” insert light go out when you go through garage door?

Yes, it is a bad switch. Now my game is acting normal now after I replaced the switch. Thank you for all the advices

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
1 week later
#7 4 years ago

My game is not giving me any Mystery awards again. Plus Clean the garage lights is on when the ball go though the garage door.

In Switch test mode there are two switches at the garage door. I pressed the garage door it is activated #48 garage door. I press the other switch is say couch entry #36. I believe both switches are working fine.

I just noticed something. When I pressed the flipper buttons. It doesn’t activate any switch in test mode. Just wondering it is normal?

#8 4 years ago

Bump

1 week later
#9 4 years ago

woulda like a switch matrix issue. shouldn’t be couch entry for the second switch

#10 4 years ago

Thank you. Yes, you are correct. I believe it should tested as “garage entry” based on the switch matrix. Sorry, i am not a tech here. Can you let me know how to solve this problem? Like which switches or diodes should I check 1st?
EDC31D6E-FE54-443D-99EF-3355EC43FE58 (resized).jpegEDC31D6E-FE54-443D-99EF-3355EC43FE58 (resized).jpeg

#11 4 years ago

replace all switches affected is how i would go about it

MJR

#12 4 years ago

Thank you for the advice. I pulled the whole upper playfied out and I found the issue. The issue was the wire was wrongly connected. Now i plug it correctly. At least it solved the issue from now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 54.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 59.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 12.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 218.00
7,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Buffalo, NY
$ 25.00
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Youngstown, OH
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Cherry Hills Village, CO
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 45.95
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 16.00
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-tspp-is-not-giving-me-any-mystery-awards- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.