(Topic ID: 285596)

Please Help! No scoring display in escape from the lost world

By Foxxstone_80

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210111_135523 (resized).jpg
    20210111_093826 (resized).jpg
    20210111_091728 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 3 years ago
    Quoted from Foxxstone_80:

Would TP3 reading above the recommended rate be a sign of an issue or is that an acceptable number?

243V a TP3 is within range.

Is the 3/16 amp fuse at FU8 also blowing? If not, try disconnecting one leg from the C2 electrolytic capacitor and see if the fuse stops blowing on power up. The side effect of C2 being disconnected is the displays will strobe providing the high voltage circuit is otherwise working.

#4 3 years ago

Does it matter which end of C2 I disconnect?

It doesn't matter, disconnect either end of C2 from the circuit.

#6 3 years ago

What voltage do you now measure at TP3? It should probably be in the vicinity of 160-170 volts DC.

#8 3 years ago

I double checked my readings to be sure. What does this mean now?

Sounds like that 3/4 amp fuse is blown again or there's an issue with some of the 4 rectifier diodes.
    With your meter set on AC, do you measure 170VAC between the banded diode leg of diode D6 and either side of the 3/4 amp fuse?

#10 3 years ago

the scoring displays turned on and displayed numbers while I had one probe on diode and the other on the fuse.

Sounds like a bad solder joint.

BTW that C2 electrolytic capacitor looks rather new. Is it?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Quench.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/please-help-no-scoring-display-in-escape-from-the-lost-world?tu=Quench and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.